Japanese Classic Racing Series | Season 3| Race Two Saturda @ 3pm GMT!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 658 comments
Bittersweet race. :indiff:

Had some great battles with Dax, Kartman, Niko and Carb. But, certainly at this track, the Honda is far too slow. I ran a 1'09.7 out of draft in the sprint race and 1'09.616 in draft in the Feature (Carb 1'09.5xx) some half a second plus off the other cars. Oh and then there's the extra FF tyre wear. :rolleyes:

I'll give it another shot at Suzuka, as It seems quick in the medium/high speed corners and I'll be hoping it can deliver. 👍

Also, pics to come tomorrow. 👍

BTW Dax, about Season 2... there's one horrible mistake you did in the final race, you didn't disqualify LKW for having uncontrollable lag which caused multiple completely unnecessary crashes... well it's over now because he'll never again race with us, but you should keep this in mind for the future...

mindyb.jpg

Dax that's wrong. Kartman should have 8 points for the feature. 👍

Like my signalling Phouch? :D

I'm only disappointed with my pitting in the second race. Lost loads of time because Dax in front of me was braking sooo early in to the pits so i almost ran in to him and then i slowed too much and the AI wouldn't speed me up :(

Phouchg, you should never pit from right behind another car at Tsukuba, I'd rather do an extra lap on worn tires as it costs less time ^^

Yeah I know that really but I had planned my stop for that lap, when dax showed his cards I was already on my way in to the pits (at least in my mind). Sucked a bit that i had to repass both you and mardy before i could start hunting dax again.. and by then they were too far away. :(

Yeah I know that really but I had planned my stop for that lap, when dax showed his cards I was already on my way in to the pits (at least in my mind). Sucked a bit that i had to repass both you and mardy before i could start hunting dax again.. and by then they were too far away. :(

Passing us wasn't too much trouble. We were only just hanging on in your draft. :(

And somehow Carb had a faster pitstop as I was in front before but behind after. :confused:

Yeah I was surprised how easily i passed you two.. expected more of a fight since you held up the leaders for a long time..

Yeah I was surprised how easily i passed you two.. expected more of a fight since you held up the leaders for a long time..

Understeer. I could only hold the leaders if I stayed in front as I was running 1'10s in an effort to preserve my tyres.

the Nissan was simply too fast for me. :(

I see, I probably should have finished a bit higher, seemed like my car was the fastest at tsukuba but yeah it only had me to drive it ^^

I see, I probably should have finished a bit higher, seemed like my car was the fastest at tsukuba but yeah it only had me to drive it ^^

Hmm. Mazda was fast too and you were only a few tenths off Dax's best time (in the Nissan). I just think the strategy didn't work for you, maybe you should have pitted later?

On another note, the Honda is fast in a straight line if you rev the nuts off it. :lol:

Yeah I definitely had the same pace as them when I was running right behind. The pit strategy is what ruined it all. :P and there i was thinking i had a genius plan pitting real early and getting some free laps.. then dax thought the same thing and then everyone else pitted before i could catch up all i lost while pitting and my free air running was nowhere to be seen. ^^

Yeah I definitely had the same pace as them when I was running right behind. The pit strategy is what ruined it all. :P and there i was thinking i had a genius plan pitting real early and getting some free laps.. then dax thought the same thing and then everyone else pitted before i could catch up all i lost while pitting and my free air running was nowhere to be seen. ^^

I also have to say that the Nissan is by far the best sounding car in the field. :drool:

Sorry to double post, but....

I has pics!:

Carb gets a particularly bad start meaning I do too. :grumpy::
TsukubaCircuit-1.jpg

Dax leads the field on the first lap:
TsukubaCircuit_1-1.jpg

Before carnage erupts due to gokartman lagging:
TsukubaCircuit_2-1.jpg

I then have a great battle with Dax off the restart:
TsukubaCircuit_3-2.jpg

The products of driving an FF hard :rolleyes::
TsukubaCircuit_4-1.jpg

After losing the leaders I then pit:
TsukubaCircuit_5-1.jpg

And come out with Niko not far behind:
TsukubaCircuit_6-1.jpg

Niko closing me down with some excellent laps:
TsukubaCircuit_7-1.jpg

Meanwhile due to pit strategy, GoKartman leads:
TsukubaCircuit_8-1.jpg

Carb comes out of the pits ahead of me and Niko, despite being behind before the pitstops :boggled::
TsukubaCircuit_9-1.jpg

Niko makes an excellent move as I could no longer hold him:
TsukubaCircuit_10-1.jpg

Dax has a healthy lead over us and is closing Sumo down at a rate of knots:
TsukubaCircuit_11-1.jpg

Niko quickly catches up to Carb...:
TsukubaCircuit_12-1.jpg

...and passes him shortly afterwards:
TsukubaCircuit_13-1.jpg

On the last lap Dax is right on Sumo's tail, but it isn't enough:
TsukubaCircuit_14-1.jpg

I also have to say that the Nissan is by far the best sounding car in the field. :drool:

Oh yes i love it ^^ though the 3000gt had some ridiculously deep exhaust notes, which was pretty nice when it streamed through my sub-woofer.

Grrrrreat pics!! wow and i'm in loads of pictures, you're the man Mardy <3 I had even forgot the yellow flag incident, that was why I had to pass everybody, now i remember :P thanks for doing a yellow flag by the way, my race would have royally sucked otherwise.

Your car was really photogenic for some reason. :) And we had some battles/were close on the track which is why. 👍

Although my favourite pic is kartman's Silvia. :D

Oh, and thanks. :)

Has anyone else done any laps at Suzuka East yet?

1'03.8 after 5 or 6 laps. Probably about half a second to come out though. 👍

I haven't and I probably won't until Saturday ^^ Since this ain't a track i know as well as Tsukuba I will probable be totally off pace though..

I haven't and I probably won't until Saturday ^^ Since this ain't a track i know as well as Tsukuba I will probable be totally off pace though..

I wanted to get the practise to see how off pace the Honda is. :P

Don't care much for the track either- the last corner is a 🤬 to get right.

Back