Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
Baku isn't lying when he says the FTO is fast; I gave it a shot myself and hit just under 1'45 in a private lounge. Mitsubishi sorted my main FF gripe with this car by making it fishtaily. :)

gah I want to practise, but nooo I have to do homework.. it sucks to be old and responsible :P

Found my new weapon of choice:
Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205) '98

It's a beast on SS5. 👍
Baku, I think this is one of those better choices you were referring to.

Last edited:
It's a beast overall really. I didn't use it because I thought it was too fast compared to the rest of the cars on the list. Not saying you can't use it though, just my thoughts.

It's a beast overall really. I didn't use it because I thought it was too fast compared to the rest of the cars on the list. Not saying you can't use it though, just my thoughts.

I know what you mean. I'm still considering some other alternatives, but I'm getting tired of power cycling the UCD to find them.

Anyone else find the first two corners after the tunnel very difficult?

Are you talking about the tunnel at the start? They take a bit of practice but once you get them you don't really forget.

Yup. I think it's partially because the road is so wide and it's hard to spot good reference points for where to break and turn in. I'd like to see how you take them.

As for the ST205, I managed to get a second one from through a trade that hasn't had the engine overhauled or the oil changed. I will probably run that one instead and just do the rigidity repairs.

Good idea actually. That will level out its massive power advantage (it has 260hp after servicing if I remember right.)

This morning i got time to do a few laps at least and got a bit reassured when i at least could do time in the low 1:46 (since i couldn't get under 1:47 before) but i hope to find a second more during the day on Saturday to really be in it for the better positions.

Somebody have a Celica (the new, FF one) or a Prelude sir S with not much km.? Mine have like 50.000

If you mean the Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 then I think I have one. If I do I'll send it to you when I get home.

I'm super pumped for this race. Comfort soft tires are so exciting. I'll be practicing tonight for a bit at 1:00 AM GMT in my private lounge. If you want to join me add me as a friend (PSN = nastradamus87).

As the co-organiser, I myself am calm about the upcoming race and I am not as exstatic as the rest of you.

OMGOMGOMG CANT WAIT OMG!!! YAY!!!

Really can't wait...xD

If you mean the Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 then I think I have one. If I do I'll send it to you when I get home.

I'm super pumped for this race. Comfort soft tires are so exciting. I'll be practicing tonight for a bit at 1:00 AM GMT in my private lounge. If you want to join me add me as a friend (PSN = nastradamus87).

Yeah that Toyota, i want to test it. I'll add you

Hey i have a question about the coming races.. will there be any pause or anything? or will there be races every week in month from now? would be nice to be able to visit my girlfriend without missing any race ^^

Yeah I found the S13 to be pretty quick. I got similar times to the Supra with it, though the Supra is probably a much more stable car.

The Silvia is quite stable, i used the dualshock and didnt lose the rear that much. Dont have the Supra to compare, but i think this car can keep up with the top tiers. I wish i can practice a bit with my wheel

The Silvia is quite stable, i used the dualshock and didnt lose the rear that much. Dont have the Supra to compare, but i think this car can keep up with the top tiers. I wish i can practice a bit with my wheel

The whole point in the championship was there were no top tiers. I think it is perfectly reasonable to say that the leaders are using cars that are little more competitive than those making up the middle or back of the field. It is even also reasonable for us to accept that the leaders are skilled and could be expected to win in any of the cars on the list.

To answer your question, Niko, it is unlikely that we will be having any breaks between races. Keeping the championships relatively short make the races less of a commitment in the long run.

Ok too bad, we'll see how i'll solve it then.. anyway super excited about the race this Saturday ^^

I don't understand this urge to find the perfect car and changing car, i chose one i liked and i'll stick with it, no matter if it will put me in last or first place.

Ok too bad, we'll see how i'll solve it then.. anyway super excited about the race this Saturday ^^

I don't understand this urge to find the perfect car and changing car, i chose one i liked and i'll stick with it, no matter if it will put me in last or first place.

Dragunov, the car has been sent.

Not sure about other people, but I didn't have a chance to test many cars before the championship started (basically had to pick from the cars I just happen to have). Since the first race was so much fun I really got into it and I power cycled through the UCD to collect as many of the cars on the list as I could to test them. In other words, I didn't make an informed decision when choosing my first car.

The supra wasn't a bad choice at all though. It's plenty powerful and very stable, as Baku said.

Thanks mate i´ll put to test as soon as i can

*Edit: tested it, the car lacks a bit of power but the 6 speed gearing is great and the car is light and responsive. I'll send it back to you if you wish since i got the Prelude under 1.46 after many, many practice and i want to stick with it, looks cool in the replays

Last edited:
When you get all those fantastic times you drive with tire depletion right? because without it I immediately went almost two seconds faster :P at first I was very excited then I realized it was because of the tires :) well whatever, now I think I'm ready for the race.

Wow i'm gonna have to start all the way from the back in this race it seems, no idea how i managed to get third fastest in the last race when i'm so far behind all the best ones going in to this race ^^

Wow i'm gonna have to start all the way from the back in this race it seems, no idea how i managed to get third fastest in the last race when i'm so far behind all the best ones going in to this race ^^

ive only set a 1:46.4 so far

Sorry for leaving the practice lobby without saying anything. I was booted off the PS3 because my Dad and sister wanted to watch a film. :P

Latest Posts

Back