Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
Bakugekiki
Sumo hit me into a wall.

AAAAHHH! Sorry about that! Thought something was up when I saw you fly wide. :(

That race was comparatively boring though, not much really happened. Mabye because it was a longer track. :/

Last edited:
I wonder how tokyo will be, it's really fast all the time so the passing possibilitys might be smaller.. but there is two hairpins, those will probably be where you can do something. I think that on these longer circuits it's much longer between the good passing places so you won't be under pressure all the time and not as many times since there are less laps as well. Maybe that makes it less interesting.. but we'll see in the next race. Could also be that this race was a street circuit compared, if that's the case then we have a problem since all the rest of the races are street. ^^

Edit: By the way, i just want some clarity in this. What was all this about the celica and detuning it and stuff? if it was allowed, why detune it? and if you discovered it to be much faster than everything else why not take it off the list of allowed cars? there is still plenty of other cars to choose from.. of course i love variety but if a car is much faster i think it should be taken away from the list. Maybe for next race you'll check in to it?

Edit again: Hey ID saw that the match ended 1-1 and that Norway equalized near the end.. that must have sucked? you should have come racing with us instead :)

Last edited:
AAAAHHH! Sorry about that! Thought something was up when I saw you fly wide. :(

That race was comparatively boring though, not much really happened. Mabye because it was a longer track. :/

Ya, it's not like we had a close, clean battle for 16 laps with a 0.088 second finish. :rolleyes:
I enjoyed it anyhow. :)

It was pretty cool how I pitted a lap earlier than you and caught you right on your way out the pit on the next lap. I should have ended up ahead of you on the extra lap of fresh tires I had but I got a little over eager and made a mistake. You were right on my bumper or just in front of me for the nine laps before that so being on my own all of a sudden through my pace off.

The layout of Tsukuba (slow and short) seems to the pack closer together than most other tracks. Maybe if we get more cars out we can have another race as close as the first was.

Last edited:
I wonder how tokyo will be, it's really fast all the time so the passing possibilitys might be smaller.. but there is two hairpins, those will probably be where you can do something. I think that on these longer circuits it's much longer between the good passing places so you won't be under pressure all the time and not as many times since there are less laps as well. Maybe that makes it less interesting.. but we'll see in the next race. Could also be that this race was a street circuit compared, if that's the case then we have a problem since all the rest of the races are street. ^^

Edit: By the way, i just want some clarity in this. What was all this about the celica and detuning it and stuff? if it was allowed, why detune it? and if you discovered it to be much faster than everything else why not take it off the list of allowed cars? there is still plenty of other cars to choose from.. of course i love variety but if a car is much faster i think it should be taken away from the list. Maybe for next race you'll check in to it?

Edit again: Hey ID saw that the match ended 1-1 and that Norway equalized near the end.. that must have sucked? you should have come racing with us instead :)

After the race today I went back through the thread and on page 6 there is talk of taking one of the celicas off the list (I didn't see it specify which one). Regardless, I posted a few days before the race that I would be using the celica st205 (since it's still on the list) and no one objected.

During qualifying it became obvious that the st205 was too fast to be competitive, but it was the car I had practiced in for many hours all week so switching to a new car minutes before the race wasn't very appealing. Instead, I detuned the car to a hp that would make it competitive (220hp and 409pp). As the replay will show (see lap 6 I think), this de-tuning makes the st205 slightly slower than the '89 skyline used by sumo on the straights (corners may be another story).

I really don't mind if the st205 is taken off the list and I have to switch cars.
👍

Hey ID saw that the match ended 1-1 and that Norway equalized near the end.. that must have sucked? you should have come racing with us instead :)

...sucked BIG time..9 minutes from victory and 3 important EM-qual points down the drain, and not that impressive danish play anyway.

So dont be mistaken, I´m going for the points in the next race..:)

Wait a bit, so it was a race? I came 10 minutes before it started and it was just me and Lotus in the lobby. When I went for some test runs, after like 10 min my screen went black and I could not join anymore. :(

Looking forward to the next race , I'm driving the Celice ZZT231 for the fun > competitiveness.

I'd like to know if I'm allowed to change brake balance for the races , just to reduce understeer.

MadMax

After the race today I went back through the thread and on page 6 there is talk of taking one of the celicas off the list (I didn't see it specify which one). Regardless, I posted a few days before the race that I would be using the celica st205 (since it's still on the list) and no one objected.

During qualifying it became obvious that the st205 was too fast to be competitive, but it was the car I had practiced in for many hours all week so switching to a new car minutes before the race wasn't very appealing. Instead, I detuned the car to a hp that would make it competitive (220hp and 409pp). As the replay will show (see lap 6 I think), this de-tuning makes the st205 slightly slower than the '89 skyline used by sumo on the straights (corners may be another story).

I really don't mind if the st205 is taken off the list and I have to switch cars.
👍
Yeah I know, you did everything right, even more than you had to, just saying that for next race they should probably reconsider it. ;)

Seems like people are losing interest in this, and its a shame because Tokio is a good track to race with plenty of straights and high speed turns to pass, that track with a full grid would be crazy fun

I hope that's not the case, but it seems like some of those who missed the last race are coming back for the next one? tomorrow i will be finished with my paper and then i can drive some cars again :)

Well who would lose interest when they win every race? ;) it's harder for those in the bottom, harder to find the motivation.. but when we are more people it's fun for everyone!

I dont care if i finish last at all as long i have fun. I'll probably change to a more competitive car, last race nobody used a Supra, this need more Supras

I dont care if i finish last at all as long i have fun. I'll probably change to a more competitive car, last race nobody used a Supra, this need more Supras

I´ll be bringing my Supra next Saturday, so you´d better be competitive....that last place is MINE! :)

I did two test laps on the track just to see what we're up to next race :) (that and maybe i missed my car a little :)) well my first impressions.. it's gonna take some work to perfect it.. even more than last race i think.. those with time and energy to practise much will be rewarded. ehm my time was 2:16 something but yeah it didn't go too well :P

My times vary from low 2.13 to 2.15 on several cars offline. I want to use the RX7 or Silvia but i hate driving those with the controller.

This time i actually practise online, makes more sense :P well i have only practised two laps, but i will be practising online this time..By the way, isn't sumo also driving with the controller? ^^ you're in good company then.

Yeah I know, you did everything right, even more than you had to, just saying that for next race they should probably reconsider it. ;)

So, what's the verdict on the Celica ST205? I can't switch from it to another car unless I'm told to do so since I switch from the Supra to the ST205 already and we are allowed only one car change per season.

So, what's the verdict on the Celica ST205? I can't switch from it to another car unless I'm told to do so since I switch from the Supra to the ST205 already and we are allowed only one car change per season.

I think you should change car again, and I will take te st205 off of the list.

closing in on saturday has anyone got any times to talk about yet? i haven't been testing any more but it would be interesting to hear times if you got some :)

I might do a run later, I'll see if I've got time after I've finished with my school work.

well of course we'd rather hope that you had school work all week so that we at least have a small chance to get pole ^^ but it's also fun to have a hard time to try to beat :P

Tomorrow's the day.. i just had some practise laps, managed 2:14:9 something in a private lounge. I wonder how much difference it's on this track between online and offline. since dragunov is the only other to post times this week and his was offline.
He said he could do it under 2:13 offline.. i wonder if anyone can do that online, Sumo did you ever get to those runs? :P

Back