Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
If you try to drive an FF like an FR or a 4WD you'll just understeer into things and ruin your tires. There are specific ways to get them round corners, which I haven't practiced much, which is why I rarely use them.

SS5 is gonna be such different experience compared to tsukuba, with all the barriers and the darkness and that really long straight, i wouldn't be surprised if the results are quite different in the second race.

I think later on today I'll take my own shot of the "Race Decider" as Europa put it. Probably with a more dramatic angle and blur. :P

If you try to drive an FF like an FR or a 4WD you'll just understeer into things and ruin your tires. There are specific ways to get them round corners, which I haven't practiced much, which is why I rarely use them.

I'm sure my FF driving is not the best, but my FR driving isnt that good either. I was taking a slow in fast out line that clearly didnt worked, worst part is that i was used as a bumper when i was already exiting the turn :grumpy:

it's hard to take your own line when people behind or ahead or beside you try to take another line.. But that's a part of racing, the ability to adapt (though of course some people take their line no matter what and that doesn't really make for clean racing..)

By the way i would be really happy if someone could export their replay and send it to me, i'd really want to see the race again ^^

I can drive an FF if I try. But the way I do it is difficult to put into words... I'll see how I can put it.

I brake a little early so that I don't have the brakes applied as I enter the turn, thus giving the front tires maximum turning friction. As I pull from the middle to the exit I apply partial throttle until I'm almost entirely out of the corner where I floor it. Flooring it too early makes bad things happen.

I'm no good at explaining this really, I hope you can comprehend that.

I actually love driving FF cars, don't know if i'm good at it though, never compared it to anything but FF is probably my favourite. I wonder why.. (i think i'll have to try out the prelude on tsukuba to see if i actually can drive FF or if i only think it's fun ^^ )

Edit: Tried out the prelude and some other cars that's allowed in the races. Couldn't drive the prelude faster than about 1.11 so my skills in FF are probably not that great. I also tried the MR2 and the Skyline, the MR2 was far away from the pace of the others but that's probably because it was so hard to handle, me and difficult cars don't make fast times.. The Skyline though was really fast, about as fast as the 3000GT but i feel i made the right choice since while pushing i had a couple of spins and that just won't work in a race. ^^

Last edited:
AHHH! I had JUST done uploading that! :(

Ah well I've got moar pics.

FINISH HIM!

tsukubacircuit12.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

tsukubacircuit13.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

tsukubacircuit14.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

tsukubacircuit15.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

My apologies to Esprit, it wasn't you who nearly hit me after a botched pit :)

tsukubacircuit16.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

tsukubacircuit17.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

Instead I found you understeering away over here:

tsukubacircuit18.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-20

Last edited:
Thanks but it doesn't work. It comes up as "Gran Turismo 5: Replay" while my replays that i export come up as "Gran Turismo 5 Replay (Updated Version)" i read somewhere that it might have something to do with regions.. so maybe if sumo is in Europe his replay would work for me? (hope you didn't deleted it, then i won't make you upload it again just for me.. )

Thanks but it doesn't work. It comes up as "Gran Turismo 5: Replay" while my replays that i export come up as "Gran Turismo 5 Replay (Updated Version)" i read somewhere that it might have something to do with regions.. so maybe if sumo is in Europe his replay would work for me? (hope you didn't deleted it, then i won't make you upload it again just for me.. )

Send me an email thru my profile page > contact info and I'll reply you with the PAL replay.
(there you will find my email address)

MadMax

here's the one I uploaded:

*broken*

EDIT: The download seems to be broken on my end. >_> Is it working for you?

Last edited:
Not working for me either, maybe it's only temporary? in the meantime i put my hope on madmax :P

Still not working for me, but thank you very much for trying so hard. I wonder if i'll ever get that replay, it seems cursed almost :P

Didn't mind waiting (pretty impressive that you are up this late though.. in finland it must be almost 5 am now? well thanks for taking your time and doing this ). Now let's see if this works, i'll come back when i've tried.

Edit: It's working! Thanks everybody who've helped me getting this replay i love you all :P and special thanks to MadMax who stayed up a couple of hours extra just for me :)

I've watch the replay twice already and man now i realize i fought with nastradamus for the first ten laps (some really rough fighting i might ad, i bumped in to him all the time but at least i let him by again afterwards :) finally it seems i learned how to drive behind someone because after that i raced really clean. the fight with baku and esprit was epic! didn't even notice that we still had nastradamus with us all the way to the pit stop until i watched the replay ^^

Now it's really time for me to go to bed, can see the sun rising outside. Thanks again everyone! looking forward even more for the next race now.

Last edited:
Sucks that almost all cars were standards. Most if not all those cars deserve to be premium and what is worse, the R32 is just in a different version.

I'd say almost all cars in the game deserve to be premium but i'd rather have em as standard than waiting a couple of years more for the game..

Took some pictures while viewing the replay as well, some of the action for third, driving three cars wide and such. :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And yeah as you can see from my car i had a rough ride in the beginning, felt like a pinball sometimes and sometimes i just sucked at braking ^^

Last edited:
I've been checking that out but i don't think i've got time for more planned racing, it locks you up too much. (a bit sad since it's so much fun!) But of course i'll stay in this championship till the end :)

I'd say almost all cars in the game deserve to be premium but i'd rather have em as standard than waiting a couple of years more for the game..

Took some pictures while viewing the replay as well, some of the action for third, driving three cars wide and such. :)

picture.php

And yeah as you can see from my car i had a rough ride in the beginning, felt like a pinball sometimes and sometimes i just sucked at braking ^^

Some great pictures there, it's hard to believe we were this close for over 15 minutes! I'm glad to see that my car wasn't too damaged even after such close racing.

Tried SS5 with my car today and after trying a couple of laps my conclusion is that this course is way harder, i think there is gonna be much more distance between the good drivers and the a little less good ones this time. Also it felt like it might be more demanding for the tires, felt like i was sliding around a lot more but i guess that's because there's so much more elevation changes on this one, tsukuba is almost entirely flat.

Those of you who practised a bit earlier today, did you see anything else?

Tried SS5 with my car today and after trying a couple of laps my conclusion is that this course is way harder, i think there is gonna be much more distance between the good drivers and the a little less good ones this time. Also it felt like it might be more demanding for the tires, felt like i was sliding around a lot more but i guess that's because there's so much more elevation changes on this one, tsukuba is almost entirely flat.

Those of you who practised a bit earlier today, did you see anything else?

Well if noone makes mistakes we stayed pretty close. I guess it's all down to practise.

What i'm more interested is in know what times are you people doing there. I'll race the prelude again, but i want to put a fight.

Maybe i should find a Celica or a Civic, i want to use an FF car and dont finish last

Yeah you might be right, i haven't driven that track very much so it will probably come and then it will be just as tight.. more corners to learn though.
Still think that there will be more difference in lap times, but that's only natural on a longer course. :)

Edit: When i tried out the course yesterday i got 1:47:393 but i'm still learning the track, would be interresting to hear what the others do to have something to go for :P

Back