Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
As a bit of an R32 fanboy I commend your choice! 👍

hehe :) had to paint it bay side blue as the R34 :P

btw, no request but more as a "thinker", why not include these (since I love the Skyline).

(We have this one so compare with it)
SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '89
by Nissan (1989, Japan) PP 400 216 BHP - 1260 kg
269 Nm - FR

SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) '87
by Nissan (1987, Japan) PP 392 211 BHP - 1340 kg
249 Nm - FR

SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '91
by Nissan (1991, Japan) PP 398 216 BHP - 1260 kg
269 Nm - FR

SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91
by Nissan (1991, Japan) PP 377 180 BHP - 1320 kg
230 Nm - FR

I guess I'm in with the Mitsubishi GTO SR '98. I'm putting it up for sharing as I write this. See you on the track later...

Why is everyone sharing their cars? To check for modifications? If so, how long do we have to share it for? I want to practice using my car (supra) before the race.

Sharing now.

Last edited:
Will be sharing my car again as soon as i've been testing it a bit. Not very long until the race now, just about two hours. Got a bit stuck watching this sebring 12 hour race but since it will be goin' on for hours after the race i think i'll abandon it now and come back later, gotta warm up a bit.

I won't be able to share my car until about 5:30 or so. I'll share as soon as I'm on the PS3 though.

If there is room left , I will be using this: Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99

PSN: GTP_MadMax86

MadMax

Ah, dang. I got my hours mixed up (we just switched our clocks for summer time here) I thought we were starting now, not an hour ago.

I have Bak as a friend but didn't see him in any lobby. I'll be sure to make the next race, sorry about missing this one. How'd it go?

Ah, dang. I got my hours mixed up (we just switched our clocks for summer time here) I thought we were starting now, not an hour ago.

I have Bak as a friend but didn't see him in any lobby. I'll be sure to make the next race, sorry about missing this one. How'd it go?

1st race was awesome :)

That was sooo intense! for the first 10 laps or so i fought with teamlotus_esprit changing places all the time (sometimes being a bit to overconfident.. hade to let him by a couple of times..) then bakugekiki came from behind, closing in on our fight and then a couple of intense laps of battling between the three of us started, switching all the time, i even missed the pit for three or four laps because we were side by side all the time.

But then finally i could get in there and got out well in the lead (or third place, but leading ahead of those two..) and the last five laps i could se bakugekiki eating up the distance between us and on the second to last lap i had to drive a defensive line all round to keep ahead but at the straight to the last lap he came up beside me and took me on the inside, I got up beside him on the long straight but his car was much faster in a straight line so he finnished ahead, congratz baku you beat me and gave me a great race ^^

Lets all do a race review, a tradition carried on from our other race series. Thanks Niko for starting us off...

Started 7th, lost a few places into the race but finally got back into 6th... 10(ish) laps in, everything was quite calm and I was catching the guy ahead when I was subject to a tank slapper on the 3rd corner and lost 3 places, putting me in 11th. I slowly pulled away from ID_Racing, and overtook MadMax into 10th. I decided to pit, as I would never catch Seven with my current tyres. Once I was out of the pits, I was back in 11th. I ate up the distance (thanks Niko for that phrase) whilst battling with MadMax for a few laps. I finally pulled away from MadMax and was able to put a move on nastradamus87 when he went wide onto the start straight. Last lap to go, Miizzoo had got a bit of a lead on me as my tyres were going, so I drove defensively. I took the last corner, and with a sigh of relief crossed the line in 7th.

Race review? Ok, here goes:

And so the race began with GTP_Racing on pole and me on second. There was the usual clutter as the first corner was entered and I began a short battle with xNikodemusx. Whilst this was happening GTP_Racing had started to pull ahead. As we fired down the back straight I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "There's a photo opportunity..."

tsukubacircuit9i.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-19

tsukubacircuit11p.jpg

By sumo098 at 2011-03-191

A few laps in I had left xNikodemusx behind and was set on the task of catching GTP_Racing, who was 3 seconds ahead. Fortunately though he made a small mistake which allowed me to get to tailgating distance. After this I think his heavy body and 4WD started to take their toll on his tires and I pulled ahead slightly. After seeing him pit I decided to pit myself the next lap as I knew that 3000GT would become a bit of an unstoppable beast with new tires. The battle continued furiously, even resulting in some accidental contact in the later laps. But ultimately I had the advantage of less understeer and so powered to victory sideways with GTP_Racing doing the same in a close second position!
[/rubbishracereview]

I was damn relieved at the end of that! :P

Last edited:
i wish i had a replay of the race, who was the black supra? he must have disappeared from the top after a while? since i forgot him? ^^

Nice pic sumo :) only missing GTP_Racing, i guess he was ahead?

i wish i had a replay of the race, who was the black supra? he must have disappeared from the top after a while? since i forgot him? ^^

Nice pic sumo :) only missing GTP_Racing, i guess he was ahead?

Yeah, by a fair way. In the next day or two I might post a few pics of our battle.

Looks awesome. Just a few questions:

What was the pole time and fastest lap?

How many laps did you all run?

Looks awesome. Just a few questions:

What was the pole time and fastest lap?

How many laps did you all run?

Pole time in qualifying was about 1'09.320-ish I think. Set by GTP_Racing.

My fastest lap in the race was 1'09,250-ish. Can't remember the exact times.

We ran 25 laps.

I think the pole was 1:09:3 wasn't it? don't know the fastest lap though.. I did a 1:09:9 in the race I think.

We raced for 25 laps.

Edit: sumo was faster and more precise.

That was an excellent first race, I'm glad to see that all the hours of testing me and Europa put in resulted in a very fair race! I made a last minute choice to use the FTO after very little practice, the MR2 was simply too slow.

I put in quite an average qualifying time, starting from 5th I had a good shot at moving up the field. This wasn't to be. After the the first lap madness an incident put me into 12th place, I was going to have to put some work in to finish well.

It took 8 laps and I'd moved up to 5th place, Niko and Esprit were ahead fighting for 3rd so I knew I had a good shot at the podium. The position swapping between Niko and Esprit was slowing them down so I has the opportunity to catch up, and catch up I did. On lap 10 I was right in the mix, we were all swapping position each lap. 8 laps of intense fighting ended when the pits beckoned us for new tyres. Esprit decided to test his luck by staying out an extra lap, unfortunately this put him out of the mix.

Niko exited ahead and gained a 2 second lead, another few laps and I'd caught up, intense racing ensued! I was tailing Niko until the very last lap where I decided to try an overtake, a slightly dirty manoeuvre got me in the lead on the first corner. Niko dropped back slightly to my relief but it didn't stop, he managed to creep his way back and challenge the lead until the very last corner! Nevertheless I won, and what a great race!

Thanks everyone for a brilliant race, let's hope there's more to come!

Last edited:
Bakugekiki
Esprit decided to test his luck by staying out an extra lap

I remember seeing him abandon his pit stop... and swerve right into my line as I flew into the corner... :eek:

I remember seeing him abandon his pit stop... and swerve right into my line as I flew into the corner... :eek:

Sorry about that. My front tires where shot and i could not corner. So i just ran so wide and i lost about 7 secs, i was kicking my self because i stayed out a extra lap and it messed my race up :(

Sorry about that. My front tires where shot and i could not corner. So i just ran so wide and i lost about 7 secs, i was kicking my self because i stayed out a extra lap and it messed my race up :(

It's fine. I successfully managed to swerve around you swerving from a failed pitstop! :D

Back