Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
Man, that video is a great promo for this series. Good job.
I´ve been able to get my hands on a couple more stock cars, and testing them made me want to change my preferred car which for my drivingstyle is a bit tailhappy.

Hope I can catch another testingsession, to help me decide.

Man, that video is a great promo for this series. Good job.
I´ve been able to get my hands on a couple more stock cars, and testing them made me want to change my preferred car which for my drivingstyle is a bit tailhappy.

Hope I can catch another testingsession, to help me decide.

Thank you for the comment on the video and I am sure you will test with us again :)

What a nice video mate GOOD JOB that parking was great ! and the racing toO! VERY NICE!

I've been having a few more races in the MR2! I like it so much that I went in the professional series and did the 80s Japanese car in both the Supercharged and regular MR2!

Bring on the championship!

Sounds like Bakugekiki will be a tough competitor.. by the way, how many are we now? are we close to being full yet?

Sounds like Bakugekiki will be a tough competitor.. by the way, how many are we now? are we close to being full yet?

I'm actually starting to get worried that the grid will not grow much further. We did have an initial flood of members, which is great, but we need to have a constant stream to fill up out empty looking grid.

We are trying to make sure this thread stays on the front page but it looks like interests are waning.

That sucks, we should be flooded with people wanting to join considering how much fun this concept is. Maybe everybody's already busy on Saturdays..

The series probably won't start this weekend right? Then i'll make other plans for this week :)

Well I'm looking forward to this series. Bakugekiki and I were running MR2's around "The Green Hell" several days ago among other tracks. Even though you are not blazing down the track at 200mph its still "on the edge racing" due to the stock suspension and tires. A real blast indeed!

PSN: nastradamus87

Comfort softs. You guys actually race with comfort softs? Finally, a league that races with appropriate tires!

It looks like there is room for a few more drivers so please put me down. I haven't decided which car I will be driving.

Is the championship starting this weekend? I already have a race going on this Saturday at 6:00pm GMT so I won't participate this week, but I can definitely make it to every other race at that time on Saturday. I hope that's not a problem. Once my entry is given the green light I'll start testing cars.

-> Hello! So its any of the cars on the list? This should be a very fun series! May I join?

PSN: GTP_VanishingBoy

EDIT: On the other hand I'll join in if I don't have work on those mornings... :indiff:

6pm GMT = 10am US/PST

:(

We'll add the new members to the list very shortly.

The original plan was to start the championship this weekend, however, that was based on a full grid by end of last week. The grid never filled so we had to extend the applications until we had enough members to ensure a satisfactory amount of cars on the track. It does look positive that we could hold the first race next Saturday (19th); we have 13 members now and I would expect some more interest over the coming days.

Just as a notice, after some testing we may be revising 1 or 2 cars on the list. Notably, one of the Celicas was around 1 second quicker than most other cars. We would also appreciate it if any members who have not yet selected a car could do so as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I will be driving my Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '96.

Edit: or wait a minute it isn't on the list is it? i thought it was.. if that one isn't approved i'll take one of the other 3000GTs i have.. i'll have to check which i have.

Edit2: Then i'll take my Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98, guessing it won't be any extreme difference between the two.

Last edited:
Just as a notice, after some testing we may be revising 1 or 2 cars on the list. Notably, one of the Celicas was around 1 second quicker than most other cars. We would also appreciate it if any members who have not yet selected a car could do so as soon as possible.

Don't you mean the Celica was 1 second faster because I was driving it?:drool:

Don't you mean the Celica was 1 second faster because I was driving it?:drool:

You never know! The reason I removed it is because I tested it myself with a group of members in the series, I was consistently faster than any other car even with sloppy driving. Afterwards I tested some GTOs, a Supra and my MR2 and all of a sudden I was in the pack in some real competition.

I'm not saying you're slow, because I know you're a brilliant driver, but I'm sure you realised that compared to the other cars it is significantly quicker. You needn't worry, there are other Celicas on the list.

I'll have a go at this, it's my kind of thing. 👍

UPDATE: My chosen car is the Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89

Last edited:
You never know! The reason I removed it is because I tested it myself with a group of members in the series, I was consistently faster than any other car even with sloppy driving. Afterwards I tested some GTOs, a Supra and my MR2 and all of a sudden I was in the pack in some real competition.

I'm not saying you're slow, because I know you're a brilliant driver, but I'm sure you realised that compared to the other cars it is significantly quicker. You needn't worry, there are other Celicas on the list.

It was a joke Baku.Don't hate on me.(once again joking):dopey:

Been practicing a bit, starting to get used to controlling the car on comfort softs. Next saturday should be a blast!

I wonder if i maybe should put up my wheel this week and get some practice or if i should keep driving DS like i've been doing all year..

Oh yeah less than one week to get used to my wheel then :) (if i can't get good i'll have to drive my ds3 anyway)

It feels a bit worrying that this thread is so inactive when we are so close to the start, but maybe everyone's very busy during the weeks.

I know what you mean. I've been monitoring this thread pretty closely and I don't quite understand the lack of chatter about the event.

Latest Posts

Back