Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,699 comments

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

• If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

Votes: 171 19.5%
  • I will buy GT7 regardless.

Votes: 498 56.9%
  • On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

Votes: 206 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would've been better to leave the standards out, but continue to improve them for GT6, and if any are premium'd along the way, include them in GT7.

I'd be fine with standard cars if they looked somewhat like the RUFs - those look borderline-PS3 level.

I'm NOT ok with seeing assets with the quality from two generations ago. At this point one generation difference is becoming not such a big deal, but two? No. I'm not supposed to see that many pixels in this era of gaming.

What of unaltered premium models from GT5 making it to GT7 then?

You're probably right, variety is a key factor. I just feel that as the number of cars is so often used in the marketing of driving/racing games/sims these days, a number below 100 will stick out as being particularly low.
It is low for a racing/driving game, its not low for a racing sim. But you're right, I'm sure most casual buyers will be turned off by the car count. Obviously their target audience is more narrowly defined than many of the more popular series like GT and Forza.

I can't believe the poll results, it seems that the GT "fans" want the franchise to die and the sooner it does the better. I guess PD could release GT7 as a PS1 title and these people would still be satisfied.

Nevermind console manufacturers investing millions into creating these "next-gen" platforms, nevermind the developers working their ass off to meet next-gen standards, nevermind all the big gaming events showcasing what is coming to your brand new console next. To all of those people who understand and get with the program, they are all idiots as far as PD is concerned, they're the dumb ones for actually making the effort.

Last edited:
If GT7 includes standards, a lot of comparison videos will be standards on GT's side and autovista in Forza

I said it

You have a fair point. All we can do is brace ourselves for a mass outbreak of trolls/Forza fanboys upon GT7's release....
:banghead: Then again, we survived GT5 and GT6... right? (well, I'm not sure about GT6 yet...) :odd:

But people will be expecting a cockpit view in every car for the PS4 generation, perhaps a selection of generic ones would be suitable if PD really must insist on having these standards.

The people who don't use cockpit view won't mind, and the people who do use cockpit view can select the premium cars.

I can't believe the poll results, it seems that the GT "fans" want the franchise to die and the sooner it does the better. I guess PD could release GT7 as a PS1 title and these people would still be satisfied.

Nevermind console manufacturers investing millions into creating these "next-gen" platforms, nevermind the developers working their ass off to meat next-gen standards, nevermind all the big gaming events showcasing what is coming to your brand new console next. To all of those people who understand and get with the program, they are all idiots as far as PD is concerned, they're the dumb ones for actually making the effort.

There is still going to be a full next gen game... Why do you think PD including standard cars, which they don't have time to model fully in premium detail, makes the rest of the game lower quality. Including the standards doesnt take any more dev time. All it does it pleases the people that want to drive the obscure cars that not every generic car fan cares about.
I dont want to drive a Skyline GTR, I want to drive a GTS and GTS-T. I dont want to drive a Silvia K's, I want to drive a Q's.
Kaz probably isn't that bothered with how the games fares with Forza or the competitors. He has his own vision and he's obviously going to stick with it. The huge selection of cars is was brings so many people to GT which is why for me, I prefer it to so many other games.

What of unaltered premium models from GT5 making it to GT7 then?

I'd be fine with that, actually... The graphical quality gap between each generation is getting thinner and thinner each time. PS2-PS3 (to me so far) looks like a MUCH bigger step than PS3-PS4. If the "standards" in GT7 are all just GT5-level premium (and even lacked adaptive tessellation), I think they'd still look reasonably good in-engine, and I'd be perfectly ok with that.

I also wonder if the "next-gen ready" premium cars were modeled with real damage in mind, the current damage model suggests that they weren't. Look at PCARS (even Shift 2 for that matter) damage model and see why modeling the parts of the car that you can't see is needed.

I think its pretty clear GT5/6 premiums are ps4 quality and they're gonna obviously be there in GT7 as premiums, and I think in general they look better than 95% of 360 forza cars, but of course some haters would say otherwise.
This isn't true either.
gemasolar_9-jpg.155291

12428185713_dd03fced84_c.jpg

I could have used Driveclub or Project Cars, but i already had the link to this picture.
That's one page of FM vs GT fireworks fizzled. This is where you'll want to head.
Just read your comment. I hope the pictures can stay, but if you want i can use driveclub or pcars pictures to proof my point, that premium cars aren't 100% ps4 level.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with that, actually... The graphical quality gap between each generation is getting thinner and thinner each time. PS2-PS3 (to me so far) looks like a MUCH bigger step than PS3-PS4. If the "standards" in GT7 are all just GT5-level premium (and even lacked adaptive tessellation), I think they'd still look reasonably good in-engine, and I'd be perfectly ok with that.
you must be kidding. GT5/6 premiums are PS4 quality, I doubt they will change them... PS4 standards are going to be much probably the RUF-like semi-premiums of GT6.

A generic ridiculous response.

Most people don't agree with me = most people want the series to die, most people couldn't care less about the graphical quality of the game, most people must not be real fans etc.

This isn't true either.
gemasolar_9-jpg.155291

12428185713_dd03fced84_c.jpg

I could have used Driveclub or Project Cars, but i already had the link to this picture.
who cares about some irrelevant disc brake texture detail? Without being so nitpicky in detail, its clear that PS3 premiums are PS4 quality. They look really really good.

who cares about some irrelevant disc brake texture detail? Without being so nitpicky in detail, its clear that PS3 premiums are PS4 quality. They look really really good.

Nobody's saying that GT6's renders aren't very good, but the fact remains that those jagged lines you see around the edge of the rim are not PS4 quality. Some of the cars which use adaptive tesselation are arguably of PS4 quality, but a lot of them don't, and thus aren't.

Nobody's saying that GT6's renders aren't very good, but the fact remains that those jagged lines you see around the edge of the rim are not PS4 quality. Some of the cars which use adaptive tesselation are arguably of PS4 quality, but a lot of them don't, and thus aren't.
Nitpicking everywhere. omg.

Why are you trying to defend everything and say to others they are haters?

As SCER said, the premiums look stunning on PS3, but they aren't PS4 quality or current gen quality like project cars and other racing games already showed.

Nitpicking everywhere. omg.
Nitpicking? :D
Material rendering, textures and so on has to be on another level, if they want to use those cars. PD has to do some work in my opinion and can not copy and paste those ps3 premium cars. This could mean, that they'll not touch the standard cars like a few people believe.

Why are you trying to defend everything and say to others they are haters?

As SCER said, the premiums look stunning on PS3, but they aren't PS4 quality or current gen quality like project cars and other racing games already showed.
Because I hate this attitude of "must have absolutely perfect graphic detail otherwise its bad" this is what is killing videogames nowadays. To me its like an illness. Games are there to be played not graphically analized in every detail.
Such detailed graphics require so much time to do (and im talking in general, not only GT) therefore what we get is beautiful graphics but less content and we have to wait more and more for the developers to do the work.
Nitpicking? :D
Material rendering, textures and so on has to be on another level, if they want to use those cars. PD has to do some work in my opinion and can not copy and paste those ps3 premium cars. This could mean, that they'll not touch the standard cars like a few people believe.
same as above...

probably you guys weren't born on the 8bit era, or 16 bit...

Because I hate this attitude of "must have absolutely perfect graphic detail otherwise its bad" this is what is killing videogames nowadays. To me its like an illness. Games are there to be played not graphically analized in every detail.

I used to be like you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back