KSE | Kart 125cc | Semi Endurance Championship | Season 1 *Completed*

• Thread starter AnTiheLT
  • 557 comments
I'd will like to request an update due I'm gonna change the color of my Kart, I'll post on this thread as soon as possible once I made the color change

Thanks to all the drivers who showed up yesterday for some pre-season races :)

It was good to have a nice long run in a Kart. 1 thing I found out is that I need to improve my braking. Everything else is reasonably solid.

Dang!:grumpy: I hoped to be doing some practice with you guys, still I saw your performance there and gotta say to my self "be prepared for the big day":nervous:

Last edited:
Thanks to all the drivers who showed up yesterday for some pre-season races :)

Hey hey Heyyyy I'm back mates ! The crazy frog is back ...I spent hours :banghead:to reactivate my account 💡 and it was so simple :crazy: I just changed my account user name melibabou1...
Thanks for last evening pre season race Anders ! It was good time with all of you.
Welcome to the new pilots :) Wish you good championship with all of us
Really happy to join all of you :dunce:
:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey hey Heyyyy I'm back mates ! The crazy frog is back ...I spent hours :banghead:to reactivate my account 💡 and it was so simple :crazy: I just changed my account user name melibabou1...
Thanks for last evening pre season race Anders ! It was good time with all of you.
Welcome to the new pilots :) Wish you good championship with all of us
Really happy to join all of you :dunce:

So Sunday was weird, lol.

I joined the room - fine. Did some practice laps (never did full autumn ring reverse before lol), was feeling okay about my times, you know, it could be worse

Then it all kicked off.

My cat started distracting me so I was trying to attend to it but as I was looking away I saw the race started :crazy: when I got back to my controller everyone was halfway down the main straight :lol: so I tried to catch you guys and I got to 4th or something, a little way behind seslab but kept the gap stable, then my internet went kaput and I couldn't rejoin:dunce:

Next week, season starts for real right? I hope I will be there:tup:

So Sunday was weird, lol.

I joined the room - fine. Did some practice laps (never did full autumn ring reverse before lol), was feeling okay about my times, you know, it could be worse

Then it all kicked off.

My cat started distracting me so I was trying to attend to it but as I was looking away I saw the race started :crazy: when I got back to my controller everyone was halfway down the main straight :lol: so I tried to catch you guys and I got to 4th or something, a little way behind seslab but kept the gap stable, then my internet went kaput and I couldn't rejoin:dunce:

Next week, season starts for real right? I hope I will be there:tup:

Yeah i saw the replay and it looked like you where having a coffie break, or thought that we needed a good solid lead before starting :lol:

Yes this sunday is when it all begins for real :)

Heyy meli, nice to see a post from you on gtp :D and even more happy to see you in KSE 125 👍

Was nice last Sunday. just a bit sad that some drivers were absent but all in all it was good fun 👍

I was amazed that - except for some exceptions - all new drivers behaved nice on track 👍
Nevertheless I would like give some tips to all new drivers in this league. please don't get me wrong, it's not a remark to a specific person or a given incident. Just a few tips who will, as I hope, make you avoid some misstakes I did during my first league race. ;)

Most important:

The OLR must become your sacred writings! :bowdown:

Qualifying:

Be carefull when leaving the pit lane. some drivers may allready be on a fast lap, make sure you will not disturb them on the racing line.
Same for the first lap of the qualifying or/and for the case you make a mistake.
Remember, slipstream does not work during qualifying and if a faster driver approaches from behind, it means he is realy faster. It is then more suitable to let him pass you.
Last but not least, it's not good idea to let your kart drive in pause mode during qualifying, this can disturb other drivers on their fast lap.

Race:

same as for qualifying, it's important to respect the pit line (white/yellow).
Be aware that some experienced drivers use to brake earlyer when approaching a corner behind a other experienced driver. They do that to avoid a collision with the driver in front. make sure you allways keep enough safe distance to the driver in front of you
as well, it is crucial to allways be aware about your position on track and the position of your oponents around you. A huge help to do so is to set the zoom of the track map (top left corner of the screen) to 1 or 2.

I know you guys are all working hard these days to get faster lap times. My advise for your first season: dont think lap, think race ;)
Try to get a constant speed without to much risk and with no mistakes. a spin means a lost of 10-20 seconds :crazy:
The races are long and the season to ;)

Conclusion:

AMEN :bowdown: :D

Wish you all good luck for the season and impatient to meet you all on the track :cheers:

I agree with it all, expect draft now works in free run, but still you should let faster people through in qualifying. 👍 :)

Yeah now that the draft works in free run mode, it is going to make qualifying interesting.

Yeah that's interesting. This should be tested to be sure.
If this true then we all need teammate to help each other to get max out of quali lap. Or can we use that new option "Disable collisions"? It's disable draft.

Yeah that's interesting. This should be tested to be sure.
If this true then we all need teammate to help each other to get max out of quali lap. Or can we use that new option "Disable collisions"? It's disable draft.

Tested it out last night, and there is no question, "free run" is the same as the actual "race" when it comes to the draft. Easiest solution is going to be, just make sure nobody is drafting you during your hot lap, would have been more interesting if we had teammates like last year. Since it is every man for himself, just going to have to take advantage of it where you can, and try not to let anyone get in your wake. Will be tough on the smaller tracks though, but then again the draft doesn't effect you as much on the shorter tracks.

bdubclub
Tested it out last night, and there is no question, "free run" is the same as the actual "race" when it comes to the draft. Easiest solution is going to be, just make sure nobody is drafting you during your hot lap, would have been more interesting if we had teammates like last year. Since it is every man for himself, just going to have to take advantage of it where you can, and try not to let anyone get in your wake. Will be tough on the smaller tracks though, but then again the draft doesn't effect you as much on the shorter tracks.

Like kart space right?

Thanks for testing. Its good to know now before season start.

sure, slipstream during quali add more realism to the game. But I think polyphony should add a menu where this function can be enabled/disabled.
Like it is now, not the fastest driver will get pole position but the one who has the most luck...

Willie and me, we discuss about to make teams, as we did in RKL season 4. But we have spend hours and wrote many pm's in RKL to get all teams together and despite of our efforts, still many teams could not find together :crazy:

btw, tire ware have got some modifications to since update. some weeks ago I did a 68 laps race at Kart Space I, bdub was there as well. we could make the whole race without any pitstop...no problem regardind tires and fuel. as it is now, I'm not sure if tires will hold the 68 laps there.
I could even notice a differece in the behave of the Kart over bumps... more easy now :yuck:
Same for cars btw, sport soft tires feel more like race hard tires before update...

But crying does not help, so we will need to deal with it...

so guys (and girls if there are), still 3 days for practice before it gets serious :D

One way to get some control over draft in quali is use two quali group and everyone must/try to keep distance for driver front of you. This may meens that we can run 1 warmup lap - 2 hot lap (timed laps) - and then stoping some where save place away from driving line.

One way to get some control over draft in quali is use two quali group and everyone must/try to keep distance for driver front of you. This may meens that we can run 1 warmup lap - 2 hot lap (timed laps) - and then stoping some where save place away from driving line.

That would be impossible on a technical track like kart space, everyone's pace will be different.

Back