KSE | Kart 125cc | Semi Endurance Championship | Season 1 *Completed*

• Thread starter AnTiheLT
  • 557 comments
John Wells
Sorry I wasn't at the pre season race, will look forward to the start on Sunday:embarrassed:

John you are third reserve driver, so might be hard to get a spot this sunday :embarrassed:

My idea was just to thought - i think that Wille and Ses will not change the quali.

In the Kart Space track i think there is so little draft that it really doesn't matter anyway.

No problem Willie, will turn up, if I can't drive thats fine:lol:

I watch a while then go:tup:

No problem Willie, will turn up, if I can't drive thats fine:lol:

I watch a while then go:tup:

Wouldn't be surprised if you are able to race, seems there is always a couple no-shows first week of just about every series on here. Be ready. 👍

I can guarantee we won't have a full 16 person room, even with the reserves. I'd say 4 will forget/just not turn up and 3 will have internet issues. Also 1 reserve driver will not come.

Update 2.08 has been causing problems for online connections. I haven't managed to play online since the update and aparently neither has a few other people.

My advice if you've got an organised race coming up too:

Contact all those in the race beforehand - warn them to expect problems. If you got a near full lobby, warn them of potentially BIG problems.

i.e. black / frozen screens in lobby
people getting error message, not being able to enter room
when you hit "start race" - anything from 1 person to 1/3rd of lobby could get disconnected
when you do get everyone on track (after starting race) - some might get black screen with stationary car on grid, potentially causing pile up if cars behind it dont see them.

Try to get all your guys in lobby a bit earlier, make preperations for 2nd lobby just in case - or to rearrange the race.

Best of luck with your race, if you've got a near full lobby, be prepared to tear your hair out. Stress ball or something similiar greatly advised 👍 :D

After (2.08) - as stated in my above posts.

I have cable connection, NEVER had anywhere near as mny problems as post 2.08. We've tried 3 different 'hosts' - same problems with all of them (all with good cable connections).

Try to avoid changing settings in lobby / resetting track, guys in lobby going on / off track and into settings constantly. Try to get your guys to be as prepared as possible before entering lobby.

When you ask them to go to track do it from the top of list in lobby 2 by 2 (like noah's ark!!!). DON'T let everyone "go to track" simultaniously.

Hope you have a good race - best of luck 👍

Last edited:
I just tried playing online again and got the black screen... again!

So if I go to track then exit the lobby its cause the game black screened me and I quit the game.

Also I have a swollen thumb, no idea how :confused: so I may quit mid race if it hurts too much but I should be ok. 👍

Willie,

How are you gonna go about giving race spots to the reserves? I'm available and would like to race today if a grid spot is open.

I just tried playing online again and got the black screen... again!

So if I go to track then exit the lobby its cause the game black screened me and I quit the game.

Also I have a swollen thumb, no idea how :confused: so I may quit mid race if it hurts too much but I should be ok. 👍

There seems to be some problems with the 2.08 update, about the black screens. Hopefully we can avoid it today :)

Driven with a swollen thumb hurt like crazy, so understand well if you retire from the races.

Willie,

How are you gonna go about giving race spots to the reserves? I'm available and would like to race today if a grid spot is open.

5-10 min before the qual starts i will pm the reserve drivers over psn, starting with the number 1 reserve driver, then the 2nd and 3rd etc... But only if some full time driver can't make it of course.

I can't make it, I competed in the english schools fell running championship earlier today and i'm too tired.

Ok guys,

1 hour to go 👍
Pls don't forget to let me know (write down) your best qualification lap time after race. Very important: pls after race and not between quali and race 👍
I think willie will open soon the lobby for some practice.

Wish you all good luck ;)

My lounge is open :)

A good tip to run it smooth is to clear your cache, before racing. In case you dont know how to do that, go to options in GT5 / Network / Clear cache, it might take some min if you have never done it before.

And remember clean & fair racing guys :)

Sorry I couldn't do the Suzuka race, my thumb hurts so much.
thumbsdown.jpg

Anyway my Qualifying time was 34:223 and my best lap during the race was 34:125. See you next week.

AnTiheLT
Yeah i need to add GMT +2 in the OP

But thats why the clock countdown is there :)

Well, I guess that means I can't make any of the races :( Sorry guys.

A reminder to all participants to READ the OLR Rules, specially the section about pitstops (04:Pit Etiquette: )

OLR.

Some drivers drove on the white pit-exit-line, and thats against the rules

Last edited:
Was a good time running with you guys yesterday, had a decent first race at Kart Space, hung on for 3rd even though I felt I had the pace to challenge Willie for the win.

2nd race at Suzuka though..... Seslab and I pitted early, and had great pace starting the second stint. We were taking big chunks of time out of the leaders and would have been fighting for the win had we been able to keep our wits about us. Unfortunately we tangled in the first section, and there went our chances for the race win. After I got going again I was closing in on the leaders. Was just about to catch meli's draft when disaster struck, I was taken out by a lapped driver!!! Coming into the first corner after putting hetseeker a lap down down the front straight. Out of no where he comes up the inside of me and blasts me of the track!!! That was very frustrating dropped me back down to 7th and I eventually ended up 6th.
Note: Do not attempt a risky overtake on someone if they just put you a lap down!! There is a reason you are getting lapped, and its not because you are faster!!!

I said my peace, bring on next week!!

bdubclub
Was a good time running with you guys yesterday, had a decent first race at Kart Space, hung on for 3rd even though I felt I had the pace to challenge Willie for the win.

2nd race at Suzuka though..... Seslab and I pitted early, and had great pace starting the second stint. We were taking big chunks of time out of the leaders and would have been fighting for the win had we been able to keep our wits about us. Unfortunately we tangled in the first section, and there went our chances for the race win. After I got going again I was closing in on the leaders. Was just about to catch meli's draft when disaster struck, I was taken out by a lapped driver!!! Coming into the first corner after putting hetseeker a lap down down the front straight. Out of no where he comes up the inside of me and blasts me of the track!!! That was very frustrating dropped me back down to 7th and I eventually ended up 6th.
Note: Do not attempt a risky overtake on someone if they just put you a lap down!! There is a reason you are getting lapped, and its not because you are faster!!!

The race at Kart Space i think i got all the luck i needed for a win, cause you and Geist where a bit faster on me, on almost every lap your guys where chasing me down.

I will send the lapped driver you refer to, a PM to respect the OLR and how to behave when being lapped, so it can be avoided in the next races.

But good driving guys, i will see you on track this sunday, and hopefully we will be more drivers. There are some full time drivers i did not hear from at all yesterday, and thats not cool... If you wanna drive in this championship, at least give me or seslab a pm why you can't make a race !

Even if I would have caught you willie, you must have been running a gear quite a bit lower than mine, any time I was close enough to make a move, you would squirt away, I would have had to get dirty if I wanted to make a pass :lol:. Figured I will save that move for later in the series if I need it :sly: :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention, what do you guys think about scrapping practice in between the races. Seemed to take so long resetting the track, and if we could avoid a reset by getting rid of the 10 minutes of practice between rounds it could go a long way. Just some thoughts, wondering what everyone else thought?

bdubclub

If I did that it was my mistake, I've learned not to do that again, you have to understand that I'm new on this kind of stuff especially in these types of races

I say when you open the lobby at first you should do a 30 minute practice for track 2 then 30 for track 1, then qually for track one, then race, then track 2 qually, then race.

If I did that it was my mistake, I've learned not to do that again, you have to understand that I'm new on this kind of stuff especially in these types of races

Nothing personal, I have moved on so no worries bud. 👍 Also feel free to join us for our "non league" races. You can learn a lot and not have to worry as much. Seslab usually has a good room open during the week that lots of fast racers run in, great place to pick up some tips, these karts aren't like racing "normal" cars. :lol:, but it seems you have figured this out already.

I say when you open the lobby at first you should do a 30 minute practice for track 2 then 30 for track 1, then qually for track one, then race, then track 2 qually, then race.

I like this idea:tup: the less we have to "reset" the track the better, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should practice during the week not anymore when we are racing. Just quali and race on sunday as in OP is said.
Quali has enough time to get used to the track when you had done your homework during the week.

EDIT: That 10 min break between races is ok.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back