LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
I need some Dramamine after watching that... In other news, I'm gonna try to make it this Sunday for Tsukuba.

I think we are still at Brands, after network/server issues last week... Chase will confirm though.

In fairness, all of GTPlanet is a bit crickets lately (except for a few threads spewing forth endless hatred). Most of my watched threads have had little-to-no activity this week. There's just not much worth discussing or getting excited about right now, other than wondering when the hell we're going to get some fixes and content.

....after network/server issues last week...

That's an understatement! :crazy:

Such a tea-sand-bagger!

Hey! You remember what happened last time it snowed, don't make me bring my kid back over to your house again...

image_zps1ad6bcd0.jpg

Ahem... I remember you sending me an invite to that a couple of weeks ago, and you got all butthurt (probably not just your feelings either) when I declined to go race karts instead. It's cool though, I'm sure everyone here will be accepting of your lifestyle choices. :lol:

"BrandonW77, post: 9396309, member: 148537"I don't really care for any 'Murican cars and dislike anything from GM.
Well we got some good cars. Very few though. Back In the day with Shelby v Ferrari we had some decent things.

chevvy.jpg

I'm really interested to know what the conversation was like in the gay/bi room, care to enlighten us Brandon?

Also, we're at Brands-Hatch this week as people mentioned, I need to sort the dates out!

Back In the day with Shelby v Ferrari we had some decent things.

Back in the day, yes. I still would have rooted for Ferrari though.
I'm really interested to know what the conversation was like in the gay/bi room, care to enlighten us Brandon?

I'd tell you, but it's against AUP. :lol:

You suckers talk about your Chevys and stuff. We got freaking Gurgel!!
Gurgel_BR-800.JPG

At least they probably don't try to kill you due to lazy engineering. :indiff:

http://www.freep.com/article/201402...ral-motors-recall-chevrolet-cobalt-pontiac-g5

Definitely not, since they folded about 20 years ago.

Took some google translate but I finally got the wikipedia page. I love reading about stuff like this, it's interesting stuff! Have to say the finish isn't ... great. But considering the price I highly doubt they were THAT bad!

Honestly, the real reason Brandon is so down on American cars, GM cars especially, is because of this... This is a documentary about the town he lives in, a town that lost thousands of jobs and has seen immense economic decline due to the closure of several GM plants. It also documents the life of his brother Sammy Hawkins, who happens to be involved in what is essentially banger racing at the local speedway.

Honestly, the real reason Brandon is so down on American cars, GM cars especially, is because of this... This is a documentary about the town he lives in, a town that lost thousands of jobs and has seen immense economic decline due to the closure of several GM plants. It also documents the life of his brother Sammy Hawkins, who happens to be involved in what is essentially banger racing at the local speedway.

I'm about 5 minutes in and I'm still not sure if this is a serious documentary or if it's satirically taking the piss?

Also, your brother seems like a decent guy Brandon ;).

EDIT: 7 minutes in, this HAS to be a joke right?

Last edited:
I'm about 5 minutes in and I'm still not sure if this is a serious documentary or if it's satirically taking the piss?

Also, your brother seems like a decent guy Brandon ;).

EDIT: 7 minutes in, this HAS to be a joke right?

LMAO!! Yep, it's the real deal dude. When I watched it I laughed and cried at the same time. :lol::eek::lol: You can actually see my place of employment briefly as they're driving down the road. I used to be a photographer for a racing series that went to that track a few times a year, watching the crowd and fights in the pits was just as entertaining as the race. Oh, and there's a strip club right behind the turn 1 grandstands.......though I wouldn't recommend going. :nervous:

EDIT: Yep, on the very far right you can see a little window and that's the side of my building. We share the parking lot with the liquor store which is the big brown building.

image.jpg

Last edited:
What sort of lap times were people running at Brands Hatch?

What Hobbsy said,

You better not be thinking about getting that trophy Nap; I intend to win this points championship by means of crashing you into a wall if needs be, I'll then question your sexual preferences before getting drunk on moonshine and starting a fight with you and your family in the pits before the police arrest me.

(it was a good documentary 👍)

Last edited:
What Hobbsy said,

You better not be thinking about getting that trophy Nap; I intend to win this points championship by means of crashing you into a wall if needs be, I'll then question your sexual preferences before getting drunk on moonshine and starting a fight with you and your family in the pits before the police arrest me.

(it was a good documentary 👍)

:lol:

Well done!

Back