Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Hey all. Have had logitech pro for a month now. Overall decent kit, but I have few problems with it if anyone can help. I play on Ps5 and have newest firmware.

1. There's often ticking at the back of the base after use. I've seen that's been discussed before here, but mine isn't as loud or vibrate the wheel. It's somehow related to the dampener setting, so I've turned it off. Is that normal and nothing to be worried about?

2. Circle button has already went iffy. Not a responsive clicky like the others. Bit Sticky.

3. Switching between games is glitchy. I go between ACC, F1 and GT7. ACC Trueforce goes crazy until I turn it down and then back up. F1 no FFb. GT7 doesn't recognise wheel input. When that happens I have to turn the wheel off and on again.

Any tips is much appreciated!
The Pro Wheel is great. I've had mine for over a year and never experienced any of what you're talking about. Is this one used?

You may want to call Logitech support if it's new. The only thing I've remotely experienced is that when I turn off the wheel the fan still runs for a short amount of time, but it's done that since the beginning.

Last edited:
The Pro Wheel is great. I've had mine for over a year and never experienced any of what you're talking about. Is this one used?

You may want to call Logitech support if it's new. The only thing I've remotely experienced is that when I turn off the wheel the fan still runs for a short amount of time, but it's done that since the beginning.
Yeah completely new, bought from their website. Disappointing. Fan running after turning off I assumed is normal.

Last edited:
As far as I know GT7 doesn't recognize them
I tested this just now in game. If you set the two paddles in the wheel base to gas and brake, they read and function as gas and brake in game. Do note that you cannot set these paddles to anything in game, so you’re limited to what the wheelbase allows you to set them as.

Correct, you cannot set the clutch paddles to axis a and b and then assign them in GT7, but you can have them work as throttle and brake using the on board settings, I did this when I first got the G pro since my wheel arrived a week before the pedals did.

Any tips is much appreciated!

1.The ticking (and slight twitching in some cases) can affect some wheelbases. Setting the damper to zero cures it. Rich said it was a known issue that was being looked into, so possibly a firmware update may fix it at some point. Until then it doesn't seem anything to be worried about.

2.That might be a faulty switch so could be worth contacting support, they are pretty good. They can send you just a new wheel if required. It could be worth giving the switch a blast with a can of compressed air before contacting them though, it may clean any debris out.

3. Sounds odd. I've not had that problem, all my games behave as I'd expect them to. Do you use a USB extension cable by any chance? These are known to cause problems sometimes.

The only thing I've remotely experienced is that when I turn off the wheel the fan still runs for a short amount of time,
Yes that's normal. It's to cool the internal components of the base after use. It's always best to let It cool, helps with longevity. It runs for 15 minutes then shuts off.

Last edited:
Back from vacation, so a few parts to respond to:

@Monkey Man glad that’s now working - bizarre that it took that long but I guess it seeped into where it was needed.

@Tommy moon as long as you set the clutch paddles to the gas and brake functions on the OLED screen then they work fine in all titles.

@Mindrill check how you have the Trueforce gain set in ACC’s settings (scroll down in the middle section of the control options), GT7, make sure you’re using the PS5 version of the game and F1, if it’s the 24 version of the game, FFB is currently not hitting peak output. It’s been reported to EA but no info on a potential update yet.

I find this comment bizarre. I rated the G Pro / GT7 experience 10/10 before the 1.49 update, and since the update, I'd rate it about 12/10. An absolute dream. Just turn up the in game vibration to 150 and the Trueforce feedback is better than ever.
You’re not getting wheel oscillation? What about spiky FFB effects? Raced some GT40’s at Suzuka today, the right hand sweeper after the hair pin and the left my wheel felt so choppy. But you could see it in the car. The front kept jumping and swaying. So maybe that’s just their unrefined update and not the wheel.

You’re not getting wheel oscillation? What about spiky FFB effects? Raced some GT40’s at Suzuka today, the right hand sweeper after the hair pin and the left my wheel felt so choppy. But you could see it in the car. The front kept jumping and swaying. So maybe that’s just their unrefined update and not the wheel.

Same. There is a jerkyness to that turn, same with turn 1. Not sure if that's intentional or not

Are you changing your profile on the wheelbase before launching the next game?
I'm not. I have one shoe fits all and then adjust through in game settings. It could explain ACC (low Trueforce) from GT7 (high Trueforce) that the base doesn't realise the game has changed. But F123 and GT7 having problems with FFb and no wheel inputs doesn't correlate.

@LOGI_Rich ACC Trueforce gain is at 20, GT7 is ps5 version and it's last years F1.

I'm going to try having a profile for all three and try finding some other common denominator to understand this odd problem better. I know it so far only has happened if I've switched between games and it doesn't happen everytime. Thanks everyone for helping.

Last edited:
2. Circle button has already went iffy. Not a responsive clicky like the others. Bit Sticky.

Exactly the same with my circle button. From one day to the other, it went from nice and clean click to this odd sticky, squishy kind of click. (Happened after two weeks.)

I also have the squeaks (from the quick-release spring) that people have discussed here, but I always play with headphones, so it does not bother me.
The circle button is more annoying. One day I might consider opening that button module (if possible). Right now I can’t see myself returning the wheel over it, though.

I just tested the 66 GT 40, Praiano 1.41 tune. Seemed alright on that sweeper. No weird oscillations or ffb effects

Never thought i would say this but holy cow the FFB in FM after TrueForce is one of the best out there. And i say that as someone who plays AC, ACC, GT7, PC2,.... The detail i get from my wheel is incredible, and thats with the base TrueForce settings. The game already got pretty good wheel support but this takes it to another level. It feels like ACC and there are things that it does even better. Just play on Sebring and you can feel all the different types of tarmac and small bounces on the road. Even the flat soft tarmac is simulated and has a different feel to it than the other parts of the track. Also the kerb feels incredible, you can feel all the different type of kerbs and angles and its very detailed. Im impressed well done T10 :cheers:

Only thing that is weird is that my wheel makes creaking noises sometimes if i use TrueForce (on all games btw). its getting really loud and anoying. But if i turn TF off then its almost completely gone.

Never thought i would say this but holy cow the FFB in FM after TrueForce is one of the best out there. And i say that as someone who plays AC, ACC, GT7, PC2,.... The detail i get from my wheel is incredible, and thats with the base TrueForce settings. The game already got pretty good wheel support but this takes it to another level. It feels like ACC and there are things that it does even better. Just play on Sebring and you can feel all the different types of tarmac and small bounces on the road. Even the flat soft tarmac is simulated and has a different feel to it than the other parts of the track. Also the kerb feels incredible, you can feel all the different type of kerbs and angles and its very detailed. Im impressed well done T10 :cheers:

Only thing that is weird is that my wheel makes creaking noises sometimes if i use TrueForce (on all games btw). its getting really loud and anoying. But if i turn TF off then its almost completely gone.
Not getting anything on Xbox Series X at any 1-100 wheel setting if there's an in-game setting I'm missing? Under 'advanced wheel' the 'vibration scale' is greyed out, though it looks like it's meant to be like that for TF?

Not getting anything on Xbox Series X at any 1-100 wheel setting if there's an in-game setting I'm missing? Under 'advanced wheel' the 'vibration scale' is greyed out, though it looks like it's meant to be like that for TF?
Keep scrolling down - you'll find the settings:
1723495926777.png

So I tried the forza update, at first it was feeling fantastic, so much extra detail. However then I went into the settings to try and adjust the different levels as @LOGI_Rich showed above, and now something has gone wrong with my steering. The angle no longer corresponds correctly in game and I have to spin the wheel way more than before to get any rotation in the car. Persists even after retarting the wheel, the game, and my PC. I dont think I changed anything related to steering, I always had the wheel angle setting at 1080 as recommended. Any ideas? Thanks

EDIT: I think I solved it, I must have turned on the steering filter meant for controllers by accident, turned that off and it seems to be back to normal.

Last edited:
So today I played GT7 for a while for the first time since the 1.49 update. TF really doesn't travel the same way through the Playseat Trophy as before. I could feel so much more through my bum and feet before.

Naturally, I tried with higher vibrations 125-150. I already had TF Audio 100 on the wheel base before (and the original recommended vibration). I didn't test in a very consistent way, but it seems like lowering TF Audio results in a rumble through the Playseat that is more similar to before. I ended at vibration 150 and TF Audio 55.

Apart from that, I was using:
Strength 11
FFB filter 8
Dampener 5
Max torque 4-6
FFB sensitivity 3

Has anyone else tried lower TF Audio settings like that?

PS: my circle button also got sticky after a couple of weeks 😐

Keep scrolling down - you'll find the settings:
View attachment 1380446
Afraid I don't have a 'Logitech Trueforce' sub heading setting anywhere, my 'advanced wheel' tab ends after Steering Linearity?

Just double checked tonight's update was definitely running, and tried in G923 compatibility mode just in case, but nothing appeared.

I just tested the 66 GT 40, Praiano 1.41 tune. Seemed alright on that sweeper. No weird oscillations or ffb effect
STOCK GT40. Sure you can stiffen up the suspension and tune stuff out. Try it totally stock, comfort soft tires I think it comes with. I have a Camaro that’s dropped and maxed out stiffness on suspension etc, I don’t get those effects as bad. The STOCK GT40 If you push it a little will wallow around, front end kind of hops over and the Logitech G Pro will do what I’m saying. Shouldn’t have to buy a car and start throwing parts at it immediately to fix physics issues.

Back from vacation, so a few parts to respond to:

@Monkey Man glad that’s now working - bizarre that it took that long but I guess it seeped into where it was needed.

@Tommy moon as long as you set the clutch paddles to the gas and brake functions on the OLED screen then they work fine in all titles.

@Mindrill check how you have the Trueforce gain set in ACC’s settings (scroll down in the middle section of the control options), GT7, make sure you’re using the PS5 version of the game and F1, if it’s the 24 version of the game, FFB is currently not hitting peak output. It’s been reported to EA but no info on a potential update yet.
Thank you...I don't know how I didn't think to do this....it works fantastic! I'm going to spread the word. Can students get the 25% discount with a code or is that just a hit or miss thing? This kid is super quick A+, early high school...but money is a big factor. He's a G29 guy whose been forced to joypad because of his disability....cannot use pedals. These kids are struggling on pad with the new update.

This is an incredible thing for a niche group. However, I cannot express to you how much joy this will provide them.

Afraid I don't have a 'Logitech Trueforce' sub heading setting anywhere, my 'advanced wheel' tab ends after Steering Linearity?

Just double checked tonight's update was definitely running, and tried in G923 compatibility mode just in case, but nothing appeared.
Is this still the case after restarting the game/console? I just double checked and they're there - there is a slightly weird thing that once you get to the Steering Linearity you then have to tap down on the d-pad four times to get it to go on to the TF settings but you can see from the scroll bar on the right that there's more to see.

I do need to update those settings as Turn 10 have futher refined things since the test versions we had.

@Tommy moon I know that Unidays run discounts occasionally, but I can't see the details or exclusions on that.

Is this still the case after restarting the game/console? I just double checked and they're there - there is a slightly weird thing that once you get to the Steering Linearity you then have to tap down on the d-pad four times to get it to go on to the TF settings but you can see from the scroll bar on the right that there's more to see.
Yeah, tried every combo of game/wheel/controller on/off then restarting those in-game etc but nothing appears. Tested different ports. Reinstalled the game entirely on the off-chance today but still nothing for me. Really wanted to try it, can't think why it wouldn't be working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-13 193612.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-13 193612.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, tried every combo of game/wheel/controller on/off then restarting those in-game etc but nothing appears. Tested different ports. Reinstalled the game entirely on the off-chance today but still nothing for me. Really wanted to try it, can't think why it wouldn't be working.
Ah wait - I'm guessing you haven't updated the firmware on the wheel to the latest version?

An update was released very recently. Make sure you’re on the latest version of G HUB (2024.6) and it should present you with the option. If it doesn’t then please let me know the firmware versions showing in there.

How do you play FM on the Logitech while also being able to play GT7? Isn't it console specific?

Back