Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Like I said just vote on it maybe unless as host you you just wanna put your foot down an choose. They probs need to know asap so least get some setup time

Alright. Myself and my co-host have discussed this further with some newfound thoughts.

Subaru will indeed have to use the 360, or whatever vehicle they can comply with from their manufacturer.

No other manufacturer will be allowed for them. They have a car that can comply, and while it may well be the slowest, they'll still be able to earn points.

The reason we've decided to reconsider our earlier ruling is... if other "small car" manufacturers were partaking in this event (namely Ferrari/Lancia/Fiat), they would have DIRECT competition at the 350pp level and there would be 3 race positions on the line.

In short, Team Subaru selected Subaru as their sponsoring manufacturer, they have a car that can be made to comply, and they need to make the best use of it they can. There will surely be other races where other manufacturers vehicles are outclassed as well.

I welcome your questions, comments, or concerns.

I don't any problem with team Subaru car from different brand. I am saying this because:
1. This tournament is pretty experimental, nobody has ever done it before (i think)
2. There some errors concerning minor details to be found here and there, (for example Honda=Acura yet they haven't merged, RUF's are out), nothing serious.
3. I am doing this for fun, not for heavy competition .
4. Nobody is perfect to know every single car of their brand in GT5, before choosing.

I don't any problem with team Subaru car from different brand. I am saying this because:
1. This tournament is pretty experimental, nobody has ever done it before (i think)
2. There some errors concerning minor details to be found here and there, (for example Honda=Acura yet they haven't merged, RUF's are out), nothing serious.
3. I am doing this for fun, not for heavy competition .
4. Nobody is perfect to know every single car of their brand in GT5, before choosing.

I absolutely agree with you sparky... but I suppose we're trying to keep the substitutions to a minimum.

This is (to our knowledge) the first event of its kind... we're going to err on the side of purity here. Subaru may actually get murdered in this event, but then again, they may end up finishing mid-pack due to pitting or crashes or whatever... and we think it would just be a bit more straight forward if they finished in a Subaru. Perhaps its the wrong choice, but we believe it's the choice that is the most... "Laissez faire" if you will...

So we'll just leave Subaru with Subaru, and we think they'll still be able to run a competitive race, and a competitive season with the options they've chosen.

EivlEvo
I absolutely agree with you sparky... but I suppose we're trying to keep the substitutions to a minimum.

This is (to our knowledge) the first event of its kind... we're going to err on the side of purity here. Subaru may actually get murdered in this event, but then again, they may end up finishing mid-pack due to pitting or crashes or whatever... and we think it would just be a bit more straight forward if they finished in a Subaru. Perhaps its the wrong choice, but we believe it's the choice that is the most... "Laissez faire" if you will...

So we'll just leave Subaru with Subaru, and we think they'll still be able to run a competitive race, and a competitive season with the options they've chosen.

That's ok but I think that Subaru mite drop places in the team standings but their again if the Subaru team have a clean race and they have a good strategy they could come mid pack or even the top half but our rain strategy seems pretty good for Audi SO WATCH OUT TEAMS :lol:

best laps with subaru 360 i have ran are high 1:30s.. and thats my best lap by far, its hard to stay on top of around the turns, and doesnt go faster then 66 through the whole coarse lol

Best lap with my Corsa (Vauxhall) I ran in Eiger is a 1.22.731, put into comparison with my best lap in a 330i '05 BMW, and it's only 500ths of a second slower. (1.22.386 vs. 1.22.731) This means my Corsa will be a real menace in the Course (Corsa is course in Italian... teehee :sly:)

Best lap with my Corsa (Vauxhall) I ran in Eiger is a 1.22.731, put into comparison with my best lap in a 330i '05 BMW, and it's only 500ths of a second slower. (1.22.386 vs. 1.22.731) This means my Corsa will be a real menace in the Course (Corsa is course in Italian... teehee :sly:)

That is without any type of Drivetrain/Suspension tuning. I am using Gear Ratios from a Real Life Vauxhall Corsa Cup Car (One-Make competition Spec from UK), transmission by Quaife.

best laps with subaru 360 i have ran are high 1:30s.. and thats my best lap by far, its hard to stay on top of around the turns, and doesnt go faster then 66 through the whole coarse lol

Hey Mitch... checkout this tune for the Fiat 500. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5300151#post5300151

I used it for the Scooby and was able to run in the 1:28's. Its a fantastic tune for the 500, but its a decent tune for the scooby. A starting point at least...

Also, if you're getting a lot of wheelspin with it, you can try using the stock clutch and flywheel. That will sort of "soften up" the power transfer just enough to allow for some more grip. (Some of you may know that if you frequent the tuning forum...)

See you chaps tomorrow afternoon... :)

Hey Mitch... checkout this tune for the Fiat 500. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5300151#post5300151

I used it for the Scooby and was able to run in the 1:28's. Its a fantastic tune for the 500, but its a decent tune for the scooby. A starting point at least...

Also, if you're getting a lot of wheelspin with it, you can try using the stock clutch and flywheel. That will sort of "soften up" the power transfer just enough to allow for some more grip. (Some of you may know that if you frequent the tuning forum...)

See you chaps tomorrow afternoon... :)

Yes, Yes!

That's ok but I think that Subaru mite drop places in the team standings but their again if the Subaru team have a clean race and they have a good strategy they could come mid pack or even the top half but our rain strategy seems pretty good for Audi SO WATCH OUT TEAMS :lol:

lol strategy hey wonder what that could be interesting lol. i looking forrward to this one even more now, cant say i got any particular plan going on tbh just gonna give it my best shot tbh.

is everyone gonna make it today then? good to see vauxhall are gonna make it this race!

just ran a 10lap stint average lap time was 1.22.423 best lap was a 1.22.010

Last edited:
well, i have some bad news, im not going to be home during the hours of the race today, so if a substitute is availible for me that would be great, if u cant get 1 i think i could
get 1

Ugh... I don't believe this, Evo, I will for real this time have to drop out from this race as well. I'll message Sparkaloo and say this, but we need two replacements. Terribly sorry, the schedule has been re-arranged again. :grumpy:

Lol, its alright, it happens. Spark a loo is already going to be racing, and I'm currently on a job site. So... Mitch if you can get your own replacement, please do. Fishy, if you look at post 1 there is a list of reserves, I'd recommend pm ing them in that order and tell them that there are multiple reserve pm s going out, so if they get more than one, they should stick with the team they choose initially. Otherwise they may get the impression that they are needed to move from one team to another. It may also be worth starting a thread saying you're looking for reserves for today for this race and give them some pertinent details?

Keep me posted, and I'll try to check the thread.

Seriously though, check out my sick phone post skillzzzz. :)

Also, for those who are looking for a substitute last minute, could you please message me which car you were using and your tune for it in case someone pops in last minute... At least they'll have as starting point then...

Also for those watching, 4.5 hrs until race start, 4 hrs until lobby.

2 hours until race start. 1.5 hrs until lobby.

Just trying to cut down on the time confusion...

You sure? My GMT Clock displays 18:38 right now... and the race is at 19:00??
LOL NEVERMIND!!!! *EDIT*

Last edited:
its 9:00pm bst right and i was doing some laps in the rain (just in case) and i was getting 1:36.000 in heavy rain and 1:27/28.00 in light so i dont know if thats good or not but hope it is

Hey, the lounge should b open now right?

I know hartwell was just zooming around in his Mazda when I left (to eat). The lounge technically doesn't open for another 20 mins. Race starts in 50 mins.

20:00 GMT =/= 20:00 BST

I think you can just enter at any time though? I don't think I need to be there, as long as I've accepted ur FR.

Let it be known that I sent our most reliable reservist (Golyadkin/GTP_Sparkaloo) to Team BMW/Mini despite my team being shorthanded for today as well.

So no complaining when the Ford Ka takes the checkers! :)

Back