Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I'm going to be updating the points from past races as well as totaling the current ones. Reason... I talked with Lance, and we decided that instead of giving out points based on which lap each racer was disconnected at, we're simply going to give everyone that gets disconnected the same amount of points for that race. Those points will be whatever the next place is in the standings.

I'll let everyone know what happens when I total things up here in a second.

Also, Team Audi, you should be receiving 1000 Tickets for your win this week. Congrats!

Alright... Current points totals are up. Please do check to see they're accurate and PM me if anything needs to be adjusted.

You'll notice that Team Audi has received one extra point from last week as we're counting their 10th place finish as a 9th place DNF, and Team Nissan picked up 5 points for the same reasons.

This will be the precedent moving forward.

Id have to say, that would have been a great race if not for the rain :(, anyhow I think I did respectable with my speedster turbo :)...

Great Race everyone.. looking forward to it next Saturday!

Id have to say, that would have been a great race if not for the rain :(, anyhow I think I did respectable with my speedster turbo :)...

Great Race everyone.. looking forward to it next Saturday!

The Rain screwed up my tune, I had to run 20-120 k an hour! :(

I would have to say that the real loser in this race was Team Mazda. Not that they would've won, as I think this was a weaker PP for them. But they basically went from first place to 40 odd points out.

I'll be posting this weeks event later tonight. :) Hopefully it's something gooooood.

Also as a serious note just because it's gotten rather confusing as of late...

When a faster car is attempting to overtake a slower car (for us this is if a car on the lead lap is trying to pass a car that is off the lead lap). It is normal for whichever car is in front (the lapped car) to HOLD their racing line, and the FASTER car to wait for the proper opportunity to use their speed to pass.

You can pass anywhere, but when there are cars all over the place, there should be some protocol for trying to get around. IF you've gone off the track, thats another story... you should stay put until the traffic around your car has successfully cleared your area and THEN pull out.

Surely accidents do happen, and I would consider this a learners league (or at least new people friendly) anyway.

So... whichever car is in front... HOLD your PREDICTABLE racing line, and let the faster traffic get around you as they see fit. If this makes you very nervous... then simply hold that line and slow down (by releasing the gas) on the straights and they'll bomb right around you.

Questions... ask me here or in PM. :)

Alright you squares... Race #4 information is UP! This weeks color... GREEN!

We've already had to place one substitute... so let me know early if you plan on missing!

I'm surprised at how many DC'd. Also congrats go to Balang for the win, though I'm not entirely surprised, theres a reason I tried to recruit him as soon as I knew I would be a man down :P
Can't wait for the next race, need to get building me a 450pp (atleast I'll have time with no Lemans or F1)

450 is my favorite pp. Not too fast, not too slow either. The tricky part is the car choice since most manufacturers have multiple cars that could do the job (Audi has 5 at least). The tuning up to 450pp is also tricky. So many choices. At least it won't be raining!

Good race peeps, other than being used for a brake and mitch somehow glitching over/beside/through me it was fun, except the rain..and the snap oversteer it made my M5 do, oh and sometimes understeer then oversteer, and braking.. braking sucked too...
So much for testing and tuning in the sun lol

Good race peeps, other than being used for a brake and mitch somehow glitching over/beside/through me it was fun, except the rain..and the snap oversteer it made my M5 do, oh and sometimes understeer then oversteer, and braking.. braking sucked too...

Same here lol... but worse :P

I was right behind you when that glitch happened (as I'm sure you heard). It was juuuuuuust enough to send you gliding off into the sand on that opening right hander.

Ugh... its almost like the glitchgames determine the races more than the racing!

I wonder if having the rain/weather on random taxes the system resources more, and ultimately uses more bandwidth?

Are people running their PS3's with an ethernet cable or via wireless?

I'm pretty sure people running with an ethernet cable have less problems with their connection. I'm running wireless, and it's not the fast connection available.

But since there are people from both NA and EU, you get this situation. Every time I've been DC'd is when I've been running with someone from the US.

In order to achieve a better, more stable connection with no hickups, always use cable. Secondly there are different phone companies, different connection speed. I am not talking about the download/upload speed, it doesn't affect too much online gaming. What matters the most is the infamous "ping". Phone companies usually do not disclose their ping, but you can check it by doing a speedtest. The less the ping figure the better.

In order to achieve a better, more stable connection with no hickups, always use cable. Secondly there are different phone companies, different connection speed. I am not talking about the download/upload speed, it doesn't affect too much online gaming. What matters the most is the infamous "ping". Phone companies usually do not disclose their ping, but you can check it by doing a speedtest. The less the ping figure the better.

Yes yes, Ethernet is quite awesome... :)

I do have a possibility to get a cable connection, and even though (as sparky said) the upload/download speed aren't that important, I haven't checked my Ping in a while. But I think the maximum speed you could get where I live is like 8-10 MB/s.

I do have a possibility to get a cable connection, and even though (as sparky said) the upload/download speed aren't that important, I haven't checked my Ping in a while. But I think the maximum speed you could get where I live is like 8-10 MB/s.

Wifi is not suitable for online gaming because of the reception. You might not notice that while browsing the internet, but you realise that while using real time utilities. It is similar to using a cellphone. Sometimes because of the place/time you do not get the reception needed to make/receive a call. Unfortunately you only realise that no sooner than you make/receive a call. The same applies to ps3.Your rooter remains connected to the internet but your ps3 might be losing connection to the router.

i use wireless connection and i have no problems in evos games but some games i do but its all good

i use wireless connection and i have no problems in evos games but some games i do but its all good

Frankly, I think it's PD's problem more than Sony or your ISPs. Most of the people getting booted are on "foreign" servers.

Frankly, I think it's PD's problem more than Sony or your ISPs. Most of the people getting booted are on "foreign" servers.

Evo -- What do you mean by "foreign" servers? I'm wondering because I've now been booted from 2 of 3 races, and I'm in Ohio, using a wired connection.

After getting DCd in the first race, I bought a new router so that I could get a wired connection to the PS3, then followed all of the best practice for proper network setup for PSN gaming. Obviously, I'd like to get it sorted out, so that I don't keep getting dumped at the beginning of every race after spending a few hours each week setting up a car...

Really, just wondering if there's anything else I can do on my end to ensure a more solid connection.

Evo -- What do you mean by "foreign" servers? I'm wondering because I've now been booted from 2 of 3 races, and I'm in Ohio, using a wired connection.

After getting DCd in the first race, I bought a new router so that I could get a wired connection to the PS3, then followed all of the best practice for proper network setup for PSN gaming. Obviously, I'd like to get it sorted out, so that I don't keep getting dumped at the beginning of every race after spending a few hours each week setting up a car...

Really, just wondering if there's anything else I can do on my end to ensure a more solid connection.

I'm not too sure. It probably depends on what the ping is as was mentioned. Yours is awfully surprising though, considering we're pretty "close" in terms of geographical distance.

Who's your ISP? I'm running Time Warner (not a fan btw)...

OH! Foreign Servers as in... not the North American Server.

Oh yeah, I'll have to agree on PD being the main part of the problem. And you say sparky, I'm aware of what effect that has on gaming it self. What you noticed about dropping the connection, I got that yesterday. On a EU server, went out of the lobby, came back and everything worked fine. But I'll attribute much of the problems to 1.10. I have never managed to join a public lobby since 1.10 came out. I get the "loading screen" and it never finishes. :grumpy:

Oh yeah, I'll have to agree on PD being the main part of the problem. And you say sparky, I'm aware of what effect that has on gaming it self. What you noticed about dropping the connection, I got that yesterday. On a EU server, went out of the lobby, came back and everything worked fine. But I'll attribute much of the problems to 1.10. I have never managed to join a public lobby since 1.10 came out. I get the "loading screen" and it never finishes. :grumpy:

I have gotten a number of freezes as well as EXTRAORDINARILY long loading times with 1.10 as well.

Back