National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
I've thought the same thing! Last year they had shorter tracks and stock cars, this year they could introduce longer tracks and toss in any one of the DLC Skylines or the 24 Hours Skyline Kaz and Lucas drive, etc.

There's a ton of variables. I'm psyched to see how they structure it this year.

Im excited but nervous to see what is in store for us finalist this year. :nervous:

Can any one still spare either GTA Z/GTR? I hope the rejoin you gouts tonight.

if we start using cars that are not broken in, then eventually some will have more PP than others as long as they are racing more, no? Is it not better for everyone to break in there cars and every one be at the same PP? Just some thoughts.

I can but it will be after midnight EDT before I can send it.

Won't happen unfortunately. They'll save all the video for the TV show.

Thanks. Now I have to throw that bowl of cheerios in the trash. :( ;)

Probably a good thing though since I don't like cheerios anyway.

if we start using cars that are not broken in, then eventually some will have more PP than others as long as they are racing more, no? Is it not better for everyone to break in there cars and every one be at the same PP? Just some thoughts.

Exactly the point I tried making before, if everyone just breaks in their cars(not really hard at all, have bob do them for you) then there won't be any doubts if people are on the same level with the cars or not. Setting the PP like turbo said then power limiting cars that have been broke in more still gives them more of a torque advantage.

Depending on how long the line is for the Racer X comp., I'll try and attempt a second time but I don't think I'll be my fastest the first time. :P
If I read the rules right, you only get one shot. You can't go again.
Once a contestant completes his or her time trial, the contestant’s race time will be recorded on Sponsors’ leaderboard. Contestants may only race once during their trial and cannot pause or restart at any point.

If I read the rules right, you only get one shot. You can't go again.

You have multiple tries, as many as you can get in among the crowd and get through the line.

Assuming it's the same. ;)

I'm not saying we're going to just hit the ground running in the finals. I know how the comp can totally change for sure. I'm just saying that we're practicing based off last year's structure. Since we can't know exactly what's in store for us this time, it's better to train ourselves using last year's lessons instead of just randomly doing whatever, which is what you were helping us get in touch with in the cars the suggested.

I'd almost be disappointed if the racing was the exact same as last year, put it that way. For it to be exciting and fresh, of course they'll be throwing us ze wrenches. I mean, look at the T500, already, wrenches-in my system :crazy:

You have multiple tries, as many as you can get in among the crowd and get through the line.
Regardless of the setup, I'm pretty certain now I won't be able to go anyways. :(

Anyways, I checked and I don't have the replay for the first photo shoot. May have to do that one again.
Honey Nut Cheerios FTW. :dopey:
Nah. More into Frosted Flakes, or Rice Krispies with sliced bananas in my bowl. :D

Good luck to all those that have qualified, a very well done. If I would have actually bothered to download the Academy I would have obviously beaten you all:sly:

Oh Well till next time for me:)

All the best.

Dragonwhisky
I can but it will be after midnight EDT before I can send it.

Cool dude, I'll send a FR at 9pm my time.

Got my stuff faxed this morning doubt i will get email back till monday seing as its the weekend. Glad its taken care of though.:)

I'm still in need of a GTA Z car. Oh and room started since I didn't see one for today.

Room #: 1472-6118-3615-5259-8996

Ohhh I hope I can get in some races tonight. I've got some things to do, and need to call it an early night, but here's hoping.

How dare you waste a good bowl of cheerios! :sly:

I hopped into the room to see just how fast you guys were. Let's just say you guys deserve to be going to the finals. Hopefully I can pick up some pointers and not get in the way!

GumballCGT
I'm still in need of a GTA Z car. Oh and room started since I didn't see one for today.

Room #: 1472-6118-3615-5259-8996

If I one when I get home from work I will send it your way.

It's been good racing with you guys the last week. Duty calls, and I gotta go make a run (I'm an O/O truck driver) to put some cash back for bills in the event I end up going to Silverstone. Looks like I'll be going from Indy to Virginia Beach, VA to Seattle, WA, back to Indy. Probably won't be back home until the 9th, so I should have a couple last days of prep before we all step on the plane to San Diego. I'm looking forward to it, see you guys in a week and a half!

indydriver
It's been good racing with you guys the last week. Duty calls, and I gotta go make a run (I'm an O/O truck driver) to put some cash back for bills in the event I end up going to Silverstone. Looks like I'll be going from Indy to Virginia Beach, VA to Seattle, WA, back to Indy. Probably won't be back home until the 9th, so I should have a couple last days of prep before we all step on the plane to San Diego. I'm looking forward to it, see you guys in a week and a half!

If you ever in southern Oregon, let me know.

I live in VA Beach haha see yah in San Diego.

I'd love to take part in this one evening, although I'm a UK finalist. How do I get the GTA Z and GT-R cars? A bit new to GT5, only bought a PS3 for GTA :D

Back