Need for speed gets "serious".....confirmed!

• Thread starter Hereward
  • 2,170 comments
Since this thread is now at 72 pages and we are 8 or so days from release, can we get a sub section for this as by the looks of things this game is going to be pretty big.

That's a great idea mate. 👍
Hope that the Mods are kind enough to set that up for us. ;)

I will really wait until I hear impressions from someone I trust more or play a demo before buying this, I don't trust it still.

Jay
Yeah I also really need a demo first.

Yeah, the main reason I want a demo is to see how it'll run on my PC before dropping the cash on the PC version. I'd imagine the PC version to be better than the PS3 version, but I'd like to actually try it before decidiong on which version to get.

Couple of things, first up wow.....ok thats out the way. Next the sound is really good on this one, as is the AI, not sure what he has it set on but they just disapear up the road! Theres plenty of ABS kicking in but non of the other assists do, and listening to it he backs of the throttle quite a few times to catch slides. driving line looks very smooth with the wheel also.

Can someone tell me how to post HQ vids from youtube? I know theres a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find it with the search button!

Last edited:

Couple of things, first up wow.....ok thats out the way. Next the sound is really good on this one, as is the AI, not sure what he has it set on but they just disapear up the road! Theres plenty of ABS kicking in but non of the other assists do, and listening to it he backs of the throttle quite a few times to catch slides. driving line looks very smooth with the wheel also.

Can someone tell me how to post HQ vids from youtube? I know theres a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find it with the search button!

That actually puzzles me as that is the old version of Spa.

I'm not to bothered by that as I always preferred the version with the proper bus stop to the new ending complex.

Last edited:
Oh yeah +1 to Tiddy's sugestion of making this a subsection. Theres more posts and views on this one thread than the whole SCC subsection. With a hopefuly solid online mode, car customisation and tuning not to mention private lobbys I think this thread could get overloaded with info once the game hits in a week and a bit.

I have a question, maybe it has been answered before.

The BMW you get when pre-ordering, is it the only way to get it, or can you unlock it in the game too?

I have a question, maybe it has been answered before.

The BMW you get when pre-ordering, is it the only way to get it, or can you unlock it in the game too?

Unlockable in the game, I think its only the special edition that gets it not a pre-order anyway. It's just a little perk so that you get the car right at the start of the game.

There's no mention of a special edition on the site of the local game store, only that you get an unlock code for the BMW.
Who knows, maybe it's the same code for everyone, so that you can find the code on the internet on the day of the release.

Lol this game looks good but it seems like everyone who does the PR for this game has no idea about anything related to cars, I mean we've had mid engined M3s, FWD cosworths and now this.

Andy T. today removed the comments he made yesterday about demo and "Ferrari DLC", so take my comments in post 1438 for what they are worth, or not ;)

German site Xboxfront.de posted two more XBOX 360 vids.

[youtubehd]EhFjkCglYnI&fmt=22[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]N5MhBBEgS1E&fmt=22[/youtubehd]

^ Nice vids again! 👍

but will there be more than one option in choosing racing body kits? this Renault is quite ugly IMO. :scared:

Things of note in those videos: the light is very good especially the tree shadows, The Ring looks pretty accurate, FWD cars understeer, backfire is way too hollywooded, the Renault body kit is hideous, and overall the game looks pretty realistic.

The ring does look pretty accurate indeed (besides the stupid billboards placed everywhere), I am still iffy about the physics by the looks of it, going by the HUD, only ABS was active but besides the fixed camera view (which makes the car look like it is rotating on a fixed pole the whole time) it seems you can freely drop loaded tyres into the grass without problems.

Jay
The ring does look pretty accurate indeed (besides the stupid billboards placed everywhere), I am still iffy about the physics by the looks of it, going by the HUD, only ABS was active but besides the fixed camera view (which makes the car look like it is rotating on a fixed pole the whole time) it seems you can freely drop loaded tyres into the grass without problems.

But we don't know which physics mode the player is using.. as there're altogether 4 different physics modes - casual, normal, experienced and pro. ;)

Latest Posts

Back