Need for speed gets "serious".....confirmed!

• Thread starter Hereward
  • 2,170 comments
I can usually interpret a gameplay video just by looking at how cars handle. For instance the first gameplay footage of Ferrari Challenge screamed out sim while GRID did not. It's usually not that hard to see what direction a racing game is taking.

Shift, however, didn't give me any clear clues as to what it was all about.

Biggles
On the AI front, it seems to me incredible that it's possible to make the AI reactive to different styles of driving, while GT (at least up to, & including GT5P) still has the AI running around on rails, following the racing line come-hell-or-high-water. I'm with GTP_HUN: hoping that by focussing on the "racing" rather than the "driving", Shift will deliver a good sim-racing experience without a lot of the GT "padding".
Not really...it's been done before. I still think Ferrari Challenge has the best A.I. in the business. The drivers are very engaging and adjust to your track position.

If Shift provides a sim experience with Ferrari Challenge style A.I. then it's a winner, however, I have just read the IGN review and I'm still not convinced.

Like I said before I hope a demo is coming but, if not, I might just flip a coin and take a punt.

I remember seeing the FC pre-release videos & not having any clear sense of what the physics would be like.

What I meant was, if a small developer like Eutechnyx can produce reactive AI (albeit far from perfect) why on earth does PD continue to turn out such predictable, boring AI?

The last thing that I want to mention before wrapping this up is that while the online mode for the game doesn't offer a huge number of options, it's really fun. There's a basic Quick Race option (both ranked and unranked) which is pretty much exactly what you'd expect. But then you have a Driver Duel mode, which plays out sort of like a King of the Hill match. There are a handful of levels in the ladder that you're trying to climb, and you start at the bottom faced off against another racer at the same level. You'll both be in the same car (which is randomly chosen for you), and the car and track match the level that you're on. So on the first level, you'll be in pokey rides on easy tracks, while at the top you'll be in supercars on the most technical courses. The interesting thing here is that if you lose, you go all the way back down to the bottom. It's fun and fast-paced enough to keep you going for a good while.
- From the IGN review.

Is it just me or does every reviewer completely gloss over the details of on-line racing. :ouch: Considering what we already do know about Shift, how the on-line operates remains a relative mystery and less than a week from it's release date. Why? Can you as a player, entering on-line mode choose:
- which car
- which track
- what conditions
- how many laps
- specify what assists are allowed
- who you'll be racing against
- etc.

Are these early reviewers prevented from mentioning specific details or are these guys just totally out of touch with what's important for people who are interested in running organized on-line events or leagues?

Not only that jj, but the reviewer does not seem to have tried the game with a wheel. And it's still not really clear about the physics - did he drive in the most sim mode? There are a number of references to GT, holding out GT as the standard for sim-racing, but we all know (well a lot of us anyway ;) ) that GT itself isn't the last word in realistic physics. So there are still a bunch of unanswered questions...

I remember seeing the FC pre-release videos & not having any clear sense of what the physics would be like.
For sure, I don't mean fine detail but you could tell it wasn't going to be an arcade experience...even from it's style.

What I meant was, if a small developer like Eutechnyx can produce reactive AI (albeit far from perfect) why on earth does PD continue to turn out such predictable, boring AI?
I really don't know. I think, at least up to now, Kaz has had a passion with the cars rather than the game. Visually that's clearly evident too...I mean I can't think of any game that has had better car models than in GT throughout the last 10 years.

I think Kaz didn't realise that so many players adopted his games in the way that they did. PD, lead by Kaz, is a very much closed environment...as in he doesn't even like to know what the competition are up to...and he's only been really interested in the games community for the last couple of years. Evidence such as not knowing how far we would like damaged to be pushed is another clear example that he is still out of touch...especially with GT's biggest market, the West.

Once he is open to suggestion then maybe GT will have better A.I. Maybe that will be the case with GT5.

EDIT: On the basis of the IGN Video Review it seems this game ain't for me.

EDIT: On the basis of the IGN Video Review it seems this game ain't for me.

You can't decide anything based on this lame reviews.

The guy call himself "hardcore racing simulator fan" and playing with all assists on and help racing line. Usually he plays 3-d person view only, this is probably the first time he tried cockpit view. He knows nothing about anything, the only one thing here you can decide - graphics.

I hope they put a demo of it on the PSN. I could always go rent it...but its like 8 bucks to rent it....I've rather not if I don't have to. A quick demo would do just fine.

From IGN review:
"So again, the career mode feels more like I'm going through a "to do" list in a mostly linear order (though you always have a lot of events you can choose from) rather than hopping around, trying out different stuff and building up my stable of cars. Again though, I'm sure a lot of folks will find this perfectly acceptable, and maybe even preferable to a more open-ended setup, though it was certainly worth mentioning as I'm sure I won't be alone."

He needs to realise that this is a racing sim and not a driving game. Not so much about getting a stable of cars but one or two (and three) cars that would propel you to win some races in a season. Basically it's about you becoming one with the machine- which is quite impossible to do if you happen to have 80 cars. It's great that he did give the game a score it very much deserved (and four pages to boot) but obviously as with most mainstream rag, he just didn't get it at all.

And I'm willing to bet that the reviewer didn't even try the Pro mode- or he did and quicky switch back to casual/experienced mode. It's pretty much impossible to drive in that mode with a controller as oppsoe to a steering wheel.

Last edited:
And I'm willing to bet that the reviewer didn't even try the Pro mode- or he did and quicky switch back to casual/experienced mode. It's pretty much impossible to drive in that mode with a controller as oppsoe to a steering wheel.

So we are told anyway. Nobody has actually played the game in pro mode and commented on the necessity of the wheel.

So we are told anyway. Nobody has actually played the game in pro mode and commented on the necessity of the wheel.

Here's a full review (translated from Swedish from Gamereactor)

ext: Petter Hegevall

Peter has sat behind the wheel of a toktrimmad EVO IX and called out to chastise the asphalt in EA's upcoming Need for Speed: Shift to once and for all make up the game show's past

After an hour I am ready to give up. Although I have promised myself not to lose patience, faith that I have informed myself on the Shift developed by the people behind history's most difficult racing game, GTR 2nd But still ... I cut almost together at first. Yelling at the TV, pulling my hair. I lose race after race. My blue Honda Civic is so dull that time stands still, the sway of an old hammock, and the brakes to overheat after just one lap. Opponents fly by right from the start, each curve will become a new irritant. I'm worthless ...

Need for Speed: Shift starts really badly. Not only difficult (I'm playing with all the facilities refused from the start) but really bad. It takes a while to get accustomed to the unforgiving physics, and a while to get rid of that unchristian poor Civic. I switch to the steering wheel, penetrating into my old racially old man back in the newsroom PlaySeat, throw your controller behind the couch and takes new tag. Civic is gone, replaced by a heavily tuned EVO IX and I sit as grounds in his chair with his hands in an exemplary Ten two-grip. Now, it takes off, literally. Now wake Shift to life. Seriously.
This is an advertisement:

Seriously.

This is exactly how I would summarize the Need for Speed: Shift. A solemn simulator to sneeze at the smooth arcade racing series' last six games arranged for us. Forget the flimsy Fjose races in Undercover or Most Wanted, forget free cities, but details and cheese-scented between sequences with the gaming Hollywood rejects. Shift is a new direction for EA. An attempt to attract all of us who are waiting in vain (and suktar) after Gran Turismo 5, or GTR 3rd Need for Speed: Shift is a very successful merger of GTR 2 and Project Gotham Racing, with a display reminiscent of Forza Motorsport.

It's about racing simulator, including the ability to trim and decorate their cars. If unforgiving, tough races where the drivers are tested at every single curve. Shift is not perfect, but a damned good start on something that can easily outperform last year's fiasco. When Need for Speed: Shift starts (career mode), is one of the Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo completely without a car. You get to test their skillz in a tuned BMW M3 at Brands Hatch and, depending on how well it is the game itself in severity, the number of facilities that will be activated in the car and how much money you get to buy even the first cart. I win the race at Brands Hatch, and starting my career at Expert difficulty level.
This is an advertisement:

20 $ 000 in his pocket for it to act smart, get through the necessary slave races and then be able to trade up. Career State is divided into five different sections. The first four parts of the shift is called "Tiers" and where the racing circuits around collecting stars. For each race won it receives a number of stars that makes you can eventually unlock the next portion of the game, with the stars as their currency.

Two-thirds of the stars in every race you win by putting himself as number one in the race. The rest lost it by performing some minor småuppdrag, or challenges, during the show. Often these challenges circles around a number of overtaking, or that it will rub off the color of one of the opponents' carts. If you want to be ******, this is a rather awkward part of the shift, and a futile way of trying to make this simulator a bit more mainstream. A little more ... Grid. For me, it works not at all and I do not care respectfully in these small challenges, and instead focus wholeheartedly on to win. Just to win.

At the beginning of the game informed you that the drivers in Need for Speed: Shift universe is divided into two different categories. Aggressive driving and driving precision. My first race at Brands Hatch, is pretty wild to when I involuntarily happen to push out an innocent little Seat Leon Cupra out into the gravel. The game considers me as aggressive and therefore my småutmaningar before each race circuits almost constant around which includes bilburet violence. "Run on an opponent," "makes an angry overtaking", "do so to an opponent, spins, turns and goes by without you doing it." Ridiculous. A piece of Need for Speed: Shift, which I dislike, and that does not belong in a racing game with an otherwise so-serious approach to asphalt racing as it actually exists here.

My expectations of bilfysiken and the körkänslan in Shift has been enormous. Completely unrealistic it is, after all, the people behind the GTR 2 and GT Legends who put together this. Well, did you not? Although I have tried to repeat it in about 100 different småtexter over the past year? This is how it happened (in greatly simplified form, of course): Core team of Swedish SimBin Studios (which accounted for most of the skills in the development of GTR 2) drug and shaped studio Blimey Games. Bilfysiken in Shift is based on the devised for use in Blim previously announced games, "The Ferrari Project". Blimey purchased, Slightly Mad Studios was born, and work closely with the EA as well.

I would thus be lying if I said that körkänslan in Shift recalls in particular the GT Legends. For the do it, but a few important differences. The cars are slightly heavier, tires physics have improved and changed to simulate more momentum and the system of friction are bulls, more sensitive. Forget what you learned in the Gran Turismo games where there has never been waxing through curves, or where a four-wheel-driven sports car over and slid through the curves in the same way as a front-wheel drive.

Forget also that you learn in Forza Motorsport 2 where excessive stability assistant made it possible to brake into the corners while suddenly starts to tear into the steering wheel to turn, without losing hold. In Shift, with facilities refused, it is important to use the quiet movements. Throttle calm, reassuring steering wheel movements. Everything suddenly and erratically punished quickly at high speeds and terms to be clear and let gravity move before starting to rotate the car through the hairpin are.

Shift requires patience, time and training. Like most simulators. We must find balance in his car, learn to gas analogy and to move the center of gravity effectively. It is very important to the tougher levels of difficulty to not force the tires to do several things at once. Just like in real life. If you do it quickly loses momentum and goes often to.

Fastest is always on the brakes to first, strong and sometimes even excessively, select narrow lines and then Gas from the curves. It requires some training but once it sits is racing both rewarding, exciting, addictive and terrible intensity. Unfortunately, unlike for example, GTR 2 is the computer-controlled opponents a little too aggressive and a bit of pre-programmed to a very tight financial and driving style will be financially beneficial to the extent it does in real circuit racing.

To become so successful that it really should be, run smart and with a focus on hard braking into the corners and a lot of gas out of them, you need to take to the grid where the human resistance (which surprisingly often seem to believe that Need For Speed: Shift is the same as Race Driver: GRID) will be an economic driver can easily win on pure intelligence and good knowledge of the runways.

Perhaps the best part of bilfysiken in Shift, in addition to a very stable simulation of tire adhesion, is the difference between different types of cars and powertrains. Short, small cars are fast in the curves, over-driven, but compact and stable. Rear Wheel Drive muscular monster Corvette Z06 and Ford GT are swaying, disorderly, super strong and loves to stick out the back end. Unlike, for example Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, you can go wide if you feel like it. It is perfectly acceptable to turn off all assists and tackle curves Samuel Hübinette rather than Mattias Ekstrom, if that is the case you want to be perceived.

Fun to drive, the four-wheel drive cars with a steady hold and superior kurvegenskaper allows a more steady and fast driving than any other type of powertrain. Just as it should be. Slightly Mad Studios, for example, caught the körkänslan in Mitsubishi EVO IX perfect and gave it just the right character. It is a kamikaze-money directly driven, witty, fast acceleration and stable but with a bit of ground in the engine and a pale top speed. I tuned the form is 9: an, however, one of the game's very best and most easy to drive cars that I always seem to return to when the super-monsters making cornering unpredictable and chaotic.

There are several different racing disciplines in Shift. Apart from regular competitions against eight other opponents here are Time Attack, Race, Elimination, race, Car Battle Drift. Most fun is the Time Attack and duels where you meet a rival and have to beat him in three attempts to win the prize money. Drift is worst-event which leaves a lot to be desired.

In addition to operating-piece, there are a few other smaller problems, in Shift, which must be highlighted. That lag in governance, which I talked about in the console versions is the game's greatest weakness and cause problems, especially if you want to see the entire car on the screen while driving. As in the case of GTR 2 differs körkänslan depending on the view you play in, which I guess has to do with the simulator foxes in Slightly Mad Studios worked with the absolute worst urgrymma cockpit view. As in the case of GTR, GTR 2, GP Legends, Live for Speed and GT Legends is the only way to get really good at Shift to play the cock-pit view which, unlike many others of this generation racing game not made by a visually delightful but körtekniskt useless decoration, but actually plays a very important function.

In the case of minus points to even the GUI have a boot when it is scribbled and often illegible with rotten fonts cool and packed with excessive information. To read the text which lies to the left (on the challenges, driving style, opponent, motståndartider) is almost impossible when it first presented in an extremely compact linear but also made semi-transparent.

Apart from the cluttered interface is Need for Speed: Shift extremely neat. Car models are the most delicious I've seen in a racing game ever, including Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. Polygonantalet is to say the least massive and the fantastic real-time reflections in the paintwork is impressive large. Even inside the cars look brilliant Shift out with the most realistic interiors I've seen.

The courts are, like cars, scandalously realistic and often drenched in wonderfully charming (and hot) evening sun forming lens of radiation effects on the car's polished roof. Komer to do horrible high-resolution shadow projections and wonderfully delicious effects of focus and motion blur. To Slightly Mad Studios also had the good taste not to use very little bloom (this generation's largest graphic torture anyone?) I am A simulator-heart like mine.

As to the distinction between the different versions of Need for Speed: Shift (PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) is the PC version that feels best. With a powerful PC, you can scare up the graphics beyond what the consoles can handle, and because the shift must be played with a steering wheel (according to me) is the PC edition, which I would recommend the warmest. The two console versions are identical except on the loading times for the PlayStation 3 is a few seconds longer.

When I first tested Need for Speed: Shift, I am surprised how unforgivable and simulator money it actually was. Today, after having passed all the game's races, I am pleased to Slightly Mad Studios chose the hard way. Sure, this is not flawless and it will most likely be run on the Forza Motorsport 3 next month. But Need for Speed: Shift is a cruel first-attempt and a good racing game. My tip to you as tired of the superficial arcade racing in Race Driver: GRID will be the purchase of a cruel wheel, and an example of the shift. Autumn is saved.

Last edited:
Here's a full review (translated from Swedish from Gamereactor)

Well, GTR 2 wasn't "the hardest racing game ever". Actually there is a common opinion it already turned to some arcade direction with finish at Race 07/Race Pro which are barely simulators. The most "hardcore" racing game SimBin ever made was GTL

And SHIFT is nowhere near GT5 Prologue in graphics. Neither in car models, nor environment.

So as usual if you want some real opinion about the game - get the demo (if any)

First up, love the Sweedish review, cheers for posting it up. Right secondly, It's not suprising there are so many who are "unsure" of this games credentials, it's need for speed and EA after all! Just look at the title I gave this thread! But what I would say is the resounding thing the previews and reviews all have in common is the comment "this ISN'T what we expected from a NFS game" I'm hearing examples of similarities between GTR2, GT5p, Forza 2, gotham racing ect ect ALL good games! I'll rephrase that ALL EXCELLENT GAMES! Maybe if your a truley hardcore sim racer then shift won't be Sim enough, but then neither is the GT series or the Forza series, from all the media we've trawled through though we've seen sim based physics mentioned time and time again, We haven't heard the words "arcade racer" For me thats good enough I enjoyed games from gotham racing series upto the GTR series and as many here didn't like Grid (ok some like it)
Once the game is released however there will be plenty of GTP members posting up there thoughts and experiences of the game, and most I'm sure will be with the wheel and on the highest dificulty level with the assists turned off, this should give those on the fence a prety good idea of whats what. More than a restrictive demo I think, why no demo though? Personaly I think EA is marketing it at the larger Arcade market as well as the sim market and alot of people wold be put off by a demo which wasn't arcade enough. anyway enough of that, and now for somthing completly different!

Can you as a player, entering on-line mode choose:
- which car
- which track
- what conditions
- how many laps
- specify what assists are allowed
- who you'll be racing against

- which car = yes cars you unlock and customize can be used online and restrictions to class should logicaly be there.
- which track = yes
- what conditions = time of day I think is selectable online
- how many laps = yes upto 20 laps I think
- specify what assists are allowed = not sure
- who you'll be racing against = private lobby yes clean and aggressive racers selectable on open lobbys.

Right those awnsers are what I've gleaned from interviews and posts on this thread, I could be wrong or have been mislead but to my knowledge the awnsers are correct. You could trawl through this thread for 3 days to find the awnsers for yourself though, thought not LOL

One final thing, simply because a game isn't Simulation enough for your personal preferances, dosn't make it a bad game.

Last edited:
Well, GTR 2 wasn't "the hardest racing game ever". Actually there is a common opinion it already turned to some arcade direction with finish at Race 07/Race Pro which are barely simulators. The most "hardcore" racing game SimBin ever made was GTL

And SHIFT is nowhere near GT5 Prologue in graphics. Neither in car models, nor environment.

So as usual if you want some real opinion about the game - get the demo (if any)

It's harder than both Forza and GT and even the recent GTR Evo. SMS/Blimey are/were responsible only up to GTR2 and GTLegends; Race 07, GTR Evo and Race Pro are all Simbin's only. And I'm sure with the PC version where you can crank up the resolution, the graphics is better than what you get from any console racers, GT5 Prologue included.

Like any reviews- read at your own discretion.

The guy call himself "hardcore racing simulator fan" and playing with all assists on and help racing line. Usually he plays 3-d person view only, this is probably the first time he tried cockpit view. He knows nothing about anything, the only one thing here you can decide - graphics.

Exact feeling I have when reading or watching reviews for game genres I love. They claim to be hardcore in this and that but suck at the game. I'm assuming the gameplay footage shown during the review is them playing. The first thing I noticed was the guy playing with driving aids and hitting everything in his path.

I'm looking up impressions from users on dedicated racing game forums. I feel these users know what they're talking about.

A scandalously accurate interview taken with thought right from the court, the interviewer clearly understand the needs and accurately to the point of bilfysiken and körkänslan. I would be lying if I said my småutmaningar wasn't completely delicious with excitement. This is an advertisement. I mean...:crazy: ARGH! :lol: @ Translation software. 👍

Great find. And the author clearly understands the needs of a community such as ours, much more than the IGN reviewer, who was writing a preview for the masses. I think I understand more about this game, from the perspective I was looking for, than from any single interview so far. It was written by "one of us", so to speak.

- which car = yes cars you unlock and customize can be used online and restrictions to class should logicaly be there.
- which track = yes
- what conditions = time of day I think is selectable online
- how many laps = yes upto 20 laps I think
- specify what assists are allowed = not sure
- who you'll be racing against = private lobby yes clean and aggressive racers selectable on open lobbys.

I hope you're right Hereward. :) A few weeks ago I spent more than an hour scanning the pages in this forum trying to find these answers and couldn't find anything concrete. It seems all based on guesses or assumptions or innuendo. (Hey--nobody from GTPlanet would do that, right?) :sly: It seems so obvious that these features are necessary but one never knows. We'll see.... ;)

It's harder than both Forza and GT and even the recent GTR Evo.

LOL. Dude, GTR Evo (and same Race Pro) is around PGR 4 level. Even kids can drive, and win, cause AI is really far from being fast. GT5 Prologue is A WAY harder to control cars, just put pro mode and recommended "real life" tires

So saying it's harder than GTR Evo doesn't say too much.

LOL. Dude, GTR Evo (and same Race Pro) is around PGR 4 level. Even kids can drive, and win, cause AI is really far from being fast. GT5 Prologue is A WAY harder to control cars, just put pro mode and recommended "real life" tires

But you conclusion that GTR evo is arcadey cause of AI doesn't say much either except LOL DUDE. Neither GT nor Forza are at the same level to GTR, or GTL simulation.

Put gtr2 on full sim and let's see how it goes. And why shouldn't kids be better at driving then you or me.I know a lot of kids that would beat you in LFS, rfactor or gtr and they are 13/14 years old.

It's not just based on 'the review'. I just didn't like what I saw. The glossy looks and hollywood presentation doesn't rub with me at all and the gameplay looked lacking, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm more perceptive when I see games in action but the footage didn't impress me in the slightest. On a personal level my pre-release perceptions of a game usually ring true to me...as in I evaluate what I see, not just the look but how I imagine the gamer is playing the game and how it is reacting to player input, and on that basis I'm not impressed, at all. Still way to much of an arcade game...which is great for people who want that type of gaming experience.

Like I said a demo would be nice to see but it seems it's not going to be forthcoming.

A scandalously accurate interview taken with thought right from the court, the interviewer clearly understand the needs and accurately to the point of bilfysiken and körkänslan. I would be lying if I said my småutmaningar wasn't completely delicious with excitement. This is an advertisement. I mean...:crazy: ARGH! :lol: @ Translation software. 👍

Great find. And the author clearly understands the needs of a community such as ours, much more than the IGN reviewer, who was writing a preview for the masses. I think I understand more about this game, from the perspective I was looking for, than from any single interview so far. It was written by "one of us", so to speak.

I hope you're right Hereward. :) A few weeks ago I spent more than an hour scanning the pages in this forum trying to find these answers and couldn't find anything concrete. It seems all based on guesses or assumptions or innuendo. (Hey--nobody from GTPlanet would do that, right?) :sly: It seems so obvious that these features are necessary but one never knows. We'll see.... ;)

+1 👍 on the review jjaisli, the awnsers to your online questions are what I've mental pieced together from all the info available on this thread, I'm the same as you and see the online aspects of the game the most important so have been making mental notes of all the online info that has come up LOL For me AI is NEVER as good as human competitors in racing games, it simply can't compare so as long as theres a decent amount of options and private lobbys I'm a happy bunny as they say in wigan LOL One aspect for me is the moding and tuning, it's what really made Forza 2's online mode stand out, the visual aspects are not obviously as important as the mechanical tuning options but it's nice to have individuality in the look of the cars as well as tuning. I'm hearing of late 8 player online racing, same as Forza 2......I can live with that if the racing is evenly matched and to be honest 8 seems a better number to keep things stable than craming 12 or 16 in just for the sake of it! I think one of the latest videos from PAX confirms online races still score you on your clean/aggresive stats which really dose seem a big plus for me, should really see people hanging back rather than going for the "suicide pass" Also the damage system has been reported as not being too harsh on mechanical damage.......don't know however if this changes depending on what mode your in but ANY mechanical damage is better than non in an online race as this also enforces clean racing. If we take GT5p for instance (look don't kill me, it's an example and it's prolouge I'm stating) you'll see people bouncing off each other and the senery with little to no repocustions in there final place or performance of there car. And simply because of this it's all the more preverlant in "some" online races you take part in. If however suddenly it made a negative impact on your stats or made it so your car wasn't as quick for the remainder of the race you'd see a vast change in the online races.
So far I haven't seen or read anything that makes Shift a bad game. lots of slightly vairying opinions on it's level of "simulation" but nothing which says this could be a turkey, and considering the GLOBAL hate for EA and the previous poor reception of NFS titles thats quite suprising that some reviewer out for glory will eventualy rip the title apart to stand out from the crowd LOL

It's not just based on 'the review'. I just didn't like what I saw. The glossy looks and hollywood presentation doesn't rub with me at all and the gameplay looked lacking, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm more perceptive when I see games in action but the footage didn't impress me in the slightest. On a personal level my pre-release perceptions of a game usually ring true to me...as in I evaluate what I see, not just the look but how I imagine the gamer is playing the game and how it is reacting to player input, and on that basis I'm not impressed, at all. Still way to much of an arcade game...which is great for people who want that type of gaming experience.

Like I said a demo would be nice to see but it seems it's not going to be forthcoming.

you haven't tried the pro mode, which people are saying is better than GTL. Arcade game? yeah it looks like the casual mode is a little more arcadey since the physics have been given more tire grip etc for the cars. Don't knock it til you try it.

Seriously Sir, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. 👎

@ Myke, thanks for the Gameraector link, finally someone that goes a little bit deeper into the driving model of the game 👍

you haven't tried the pro mode, which people are saying is better than GTL. Arcade game? yeah it looks like the casual mode is a little more arcadey since the physics have been given more tire grip etc for the cars. Don't knock it til you try it.
I'm not knocking the game...it's just doesn't look enjoyable to me, personally. It's not the type of game I'd buy in to...that's why it doesn't impress me so much.

Like I said if people want that type of experience then I'm sure it'll be aces.

regard to everybody :)
you excuse but I have not understood as it will work' the service online ,
(I use a translator you have patience.....)
in the review IGN they speak of 8 players online max ,and' correct?
I hoped in at least 12 players :guilty:
it misses by now few we hope that Shift is a racing game excellent .

bye 👍

Hi pino-r!

I think 8 is adequate for short races of 3-5 laps on small, tight tracks. But I agree, for longer races of 10+ laps on circuits like Spa-Francorchamps or the Nordschleife, 12 or 16 (or even 20+) players would be a lot more interesting.

Let's hope the compromise with 8 players is that it results in strong, stable lobbies with little lag.

Hi pino-r!

Let's hope the compromise with 8 players is that it results in strong, stable lobbies with little lag.

thanks jjaisli :)
and' true we hope in stable online very important... ,I have ordered my copy of the game 👍 we see us online :)

:cheers:

p.s. among a few months I will buy' also SCC ;)

Either a total lie or you haven't even played the game.

Back