Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are adding Super Formula and Formula E, I think it's safe to assume that these open wheelers from GT's past might show up in GTS.
West_Surrey_Racing_1983_Ayrton_Senna_01.jpg
latest
latest
latest
f686m.jpg
images
images
Now wouldn’t it be great if we had a fourth ‘Daily Race’ for specific Gr.X models. So many cool cars that we rarely get to race competitively.

Maybe even make it an actual daily race so we can get through a bunch of cars.

If they are adding Super Formula and Formula E, I think it's safe to assume that these open wheelers from GT's past might show up in GTS.
West_Surrey_Racing_1983_Ayrton_Senna_01.jpg
latest
latest
latest
f686m.jpg
images
images
I could see the Formula Gran Turismo returning but not the others.

Don't know if you realize this, but we technically already have the F687/s ;)
Nope. The F687/S is based on the Lotus 99T, and the F1500 is based on the earlier 97T.

Now we just need some fantasy stock cars in the shapes of Crown, Legend, and Skyline. ;)

Hijacking this formula/open wheel talk;

I think the Ferrari(s) have a lower likelihood than any of the other potential returning open wheel candidate cars due to licensing. It probably has less to do with Ferrari and more to do do with Mercedes and/or F1. I think I recall (take this with salt) in the past with the CM F1 games the partnership decreed that multiple modern F1 cars/teams from the same season can’t be placed in the same game, but individual cars are fine (i.e. GT with the respective games with Ferrari/Mercedes, Forza with Renault, and I believe it was The Crew that had a Redbull or two). F1 also has/had a rule about drivers (or rather anyone) not being allowed to own/purchase championship cars for several years after the season passed, to avoid teams stealing/copying tech from each other. I’m pretty sure Vettel was prevented from buying one of his championship winning Red Bulls for exactly that reason.

It could be that the Mercedes and Ferrari’s are too close together (despite being from different eras) to a point where F1 doesn’t allow them together, it could be Mercedes doesn't want Ferrari’s in the same game, or maybe even that Ferrari doesn’t want to be represented with outdated cars. ORRRR, there could be no problem and it could actually still be on the table. Think the first three of those options are most likely though.

The FGT is kinda low on my likely list (IMO) because it’s a standard car and requires a remodel and it’ll still be a very outdated car. I would actually see a re-imagining of the FGT based on modern regulations (maybe even the 2021 regs?) as more likely. Though the OG FGT could return, maybe renamed as something like “FGT2000” or something, signifying era. The other older formula cars probably aren’t super likely just cuz they’re all old PS2 models, and I’d bet PD would try harder to get the actual licensed cars.

I think the most likely car is Senna’s F2 Car, the only reason we “don’t have” his “actual” Lotus is because of the broken partnership with Lotus, not the partnership with the Senna institute. Obviously the altered the model in small ways to keep the car but avoid licensing issues, unfortunately that sacrifices the “official” Senna connection in the process.

Isn't F1 licensing rather than Ferrari? Looks like F1 doesn't want too many F1 cars appearing in a single game to undermine the official F1 game

Ferrari is definitely a diva with their license. As you know in GTS, the default decal Brand options are very limited for the Ferrari cars. Also, in GT5, Ferrari stipulated the Ferrari F1 cars could only be used against themselves as effectively one-make races, and not against any other car, even the FGT.

I’m not sure why the F07/F10 were pulled from GT6, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it were Ferrari’s decision.

Well Forza 7 seems to have lots of F1 cars like the Mclaren, Ferrari and the Renault albeit different era and seasons.

Ferrari F2007 and the Ferrari F10 will not compete with the Mercedes.

Either Ferrari, F1 or Codemasters creating a problem I really think its codemasters that are whining about it since other games having some form of F1 cars might be threatening their F1 videogames.

Ferrari F2007 will not compete with the Mercedes.

Don’t forget a V10 era car had the Monza lap record for 14 years ;) didn’t get broken till 2018 season, and by less than half a second. And 2004-07 was on grooved tires, too.

F2007 vs. W08 would potentially be a Group C in Gr.1 situation. Crazy top speed but slower elsewhere.

Interesting little fact to know: The YouTube channel Gran Turismo TV has just changed all the past updates video names. Feel free to speculate over it :lol:

Then:
Introducing the "Gran Turismo SPORT" January Update

Now:
Introducing the "Gran Turismo SPORT" Free Update - January
I wonder if PD saw the argument of the content updates not being free and they decided to add the word "free" on all update trailers and not just the January Update '19 trailer just to clarify. Just my two cents that's all.

Ferrari is definitely a diva with their license. As you know in GTS, the default decal Brand options are very limited for the Ferrari cars. Also, in GT5, Ferrari stipulated the Ferrari F1 cars could only be used against themselves as effectively one-make races, and not against any other car, even the FGT.

I’m not sure why the F07/F10 were pulled from GT6, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it were Ferrari’s decision.

Also the fact that Ferrari are the only manufacturer to appear in the disclaimer at the opening screen speaks volumes, backing up that claim IMO.

I’m completely with you! All updates are welcome because they are free!
That's why a lot of people still play this game. And I think it's better to release some content free of charge rather than paying first just to have them or have nothing at all.

Well I think Ferrari owns the licence to its own F1 cars regardless of what FIA thinks

J.D
I think the new track will be Monaco or Twin Ring Motegi.

If it was Motegi there’s a 100% chance it would be in the Super Formula GT League cup, and it’s not. I personally am on the Spa bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back