Official Ferrari Challenge Thread

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 1,184 comments
I thought the PSP version was canned due to the amount of piracy on the system. They just didn't think it would be viable/profitable. Not sure where I heard this though must admit.

I thought the PSP version was canned due to the amount of piracy on the system.
I don´t think so: PS2, Wii and DS has also a lot of piracy.

I think that System 3 should have centered around the budget with the PS3 version, to make FC the second best racing franchise for the console.

A problem I see is the low visibility area in the cockpit view:

fcjy0.jpg

i watch the videos,and can say that at the end of one of the videos the abs set was 5,tc and the sc was set 2 ( out of 6)...if we close all of them( assists), i think the game will be challenging..i hope so.

graphically not so important for me but the videos have low quality i guess...on the official site the graphs are emough for me...i am still waiting for the launch of the game...do not want another delay...

A problem I see is the low visibility area in the cockpit view:

fcjy0.jpg

It's not a problem to drive at all - and it gives great feeling of speed. Notice that POW depends of the car you're driving - F430 CH has a sticker on the windshiled, while street cars has none.

No problem there, and adjustment is just an great bonus - I'll prefer to move forward AMAP.

F430 CH has a sticker on the windshiled, while street cars has none.
Thanks.

I suposse that of the road cars, but really the "problem" is with the Challenge cars. Could be the sticker in the 430 be removed with the vinyl editor?.

About the driver position (or seat) adjusment, the problem I see is that moving forward you can to lose the interior mirror.

EDIT: in the GC 2007 demo, the 430 had some more visibility windshiled area

fc2ok5.png

Not very optimistic after seeing these vids. The steering seems way too easy to balance. The "topless" vid shows the AI is incredibly slow!

Not very optimistic after seeing these vids. The steering seems way too easy to balance. The "topless" vid shows the AI is incredibly slow!

Agreed... and while some of these issues could be rather easily tweaked, especially regarding the performance of the AI in terms of speed... and perhaps like many games, there are optional AI levels, and that video was using the lowest level AI... at least one can hope.

The issue that I saw in those videos, specifically the "Topless" video, and would be next to impossible to fix without making major changes, was the very odd camera effect where your car and the cars on the tracks have an elongated/squeezed look to them. :ouch:

As a longtime enthusiast of classic Ferraris, I'm sure I'll get this game any way due to having so many great classic prancing horses, but my hopes for it being a graphically & physically realistic game are shrinking very quickly!

the very odd camera effect where your car and the cars on the tracks have an elongated/squeezed look to them. :embarrassed:uch

Yes, too many fish eye effect. I think the view point has a look similar to some PC racing sims (it remember me to GT Legends, for example).

I also liked that the car accelerates while drift, as in the F355 Challenge. This decrease the simulation feeling.

After to seeing the video again, I see the player was using all the assistants.

Really all the gameplay videos in the net are horribles, but I think not for the game: because players make its horribles.

Agreed... and while some of these issues could be rather easily tweaked, especially regarding the performance of the AI in terms of speed... and perhaps like many games, there are optional AI levels, and that video was using the lowest level AI... at least one can hope.

There will be 4 levels of difficulty:
Beginner
Intermediate
Expert
Legend

I'm still wondering if it is going to be possible to play with a multi monitor setup. Some time ago, amar said that this isn't going to be implemented but I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it is possible.

While the preview itself is OK - sustained from comments untill I have gold in the hands - Mark Cale did it again :D

Quote:
"Remember: automotive handling is the Ferrari Challenge’s crown jewel. Mark Cale even went so far as to call Gran Turismo a “fake simulator” by comparison. Ouch - Developer Burn! We’ll find out how much truth there is to his claims this Labor Day."

Article:
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/ferra.../a-2008061813567922076/g-20070316153840129094

Detail-lovers should notice that article claims "Activison" as a publisher - which is very intresting. As this article is made by US-staff, I'm tend to beleive that AV could be publisher for US only, while System3 remains as EU publisher. But, if System3 managed to get Activision to be their worldwide publisher, than maybe we can expect some further intresting bits regarding this. Activision still has no racing-games in their portfilio, while Bizzare Studious are working on some non-racing game apparently.

Having FC:TP in their hands could be a good push forward towards franchise-establishemnt. We shall se, as always.

Looking forward to hear more about it soon. I watched the 2 videos on gamesradar and it didn't look to bad with looking to move freely but other videos on the web make the physics seem bad and the pivot thing that people have mentioned, but they do have the aids on and are jabbing with the dpad I think. Maybe in different setting modes its more real.

I think driving games can benefit from 60fps and it should be standard. 30fps for Gears of war or uncharted is fine but FC being 720p and locked at 60fps would be better maybe? Hopefully it's going to be interesting to play and wet weather driving is cool.

17%5B1%5D.jpg

12%5B1%5D.jpg

13%5B1%5D.jpg

16%5B1%5D.jpg

14%5B1%5D.jpg

I am all for delays. It just means more time to develop and or test and either work out bugs and glitches and or add features. After all, it's not as if there is a shortage of great games, or for that matter a shortage of things we can do with our time while we wait.
  • games released on time with glitches & missing features < delayed games with fewer glitches and more features

I am all for delays. It just means more time to develop and or test and either work out bugs and glitches and or add features. After all, it's not as if there is a shortage of great games, or for that matter a shortage of things we can do with our time while we wait.
  • games released on time with glitches & missing features < delayed games with fewer glitches and more features
Ok, but, why did say any launch date?. When they finish the game "without glitches and more features", then they can talk about release the game, and not to have the people expecting during nine months!.

I don´t know if is worse so delay, or people who justify, giving us lessons for kids about how the delays can improve a videogame.

Ok, but, why did say any launch date?. When they finish the game "without glitches and more features", then they can talk about release the game, and not to have the people expecting during nine months!.
Oh I don't know. Possibly because fans love to talk about and build up hype over games in development, and would likely be quite peeved if they never heard a word about a game until it was actually ready to be released?

Seriously, just look at the countless numbers of threads on various game sites where fans are screaming because the developer hasn't even announced a release date for a game that is still months away from being finished... then they get pissed if and when the game is delayed... when you stand back and look at it for what it is, it really is rather absurd.

If gamers don't want to be disappointed about delays, then stop asking for or reading about release dates. it really is as simple as that.

More importantly, what is more important... having a game released when it was originally announced it would come out, or waiting a little while and more than likely getting a better game?

I'll say it again, it's not as if we gamers don't have other options to keep us busy until the game is ready... and I'll bet even with more development and testing time, considering how large and complex games are these days, it will still likely have glitches and missing some features gamers would have liked to have seen, but imagine what the game might have been like without the extra time?

Here is something to help keep you busy while you paitently wait for games:

"Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears."
Barbara Johnson

"It&#8217;s not that I&#8217;m so smart, it&#8217;s just that I stay with problems longer."
Albert Einstein

"Trust your mind to think with time; patience is the key."
Nathan Watson

"Our patience will achieve more than our force."
Edmund Burke

"Patience is counting down without blasting off."

"Patience is the key to paradise."

"Patience wears away stones."

Back