Official Playstation Store Thread

Garbage in garbage out... Prices drop after the release is the most obvious.

If they actually tried sometime instead of just putting out just to sucker people into buying it then yeah I'd feel better about them. Oh and then there is their tactics of buying everything off for the 360 to look good...

I could say the same for Microsoft but, shhhh... I might sound like a fanboy.

I think Skate is an excellent example of what EA can do. Burnout, Need for Speed, Command & Conquer, Battlefield, Sim City, oh and don't forget those big hitters like Crysis and Rock Band. I don't believe you hate all of those games.

Burnout got old and they figured oh... just give em more crashes, but it's not even that great just flashy...

NFS... need I say more...

C&C... tried it... sold it.

BF... good but still ****ty bugs killed everything (no pun intended)

Sim City? I played that in middle school but they didn't have to have good anything back then anyways. lol

Crysis... hmm, can't play it. 💡 Even then from the game play I've seen it's no where close to what they promised it to look like or play like. xD :cough: game size :cough:

Rock Band... I don't do rhythm because I'm rhythm challenged and these make it even worse because they aren't anything like the real thing. Best way I heard it is "simon says" game. Not to mention the accessories breaking during the ign's (I think?) review.

Is that pretty much inline with my above statement? if not... well, I guess I just don't like EA games. : shrug:

edit: BTW, G-police looked pretty good.

I could say the same for Microsoft but, shhhh... I might sound like a fanboy.

I think Skate is an excellent example of what EA can do. Burnout, Need for Speed, Command & Conquer, Battlefield, Sim City, oh and don't forget those big hitters like Crysis and Rock Band. I don't believe you hate all of those games.

Command and Conquer was developed by Westwood Studios and published by Virgin Interactive. They were doing well with the franchise until EA bought them (just when they were finishing Tiberian Sun). Red Alert was brilliant, Tiberian Sun was brilliant. But EA rushed them on making Red Alert 2, and it wasn't as good as it could have been. Then they renamed Westwood to EA Pacific and forced them to make the god-awful C&C Generals. The majority of the Westwood staff (including the brilliant music composer, Frank Klepacki) then got fed up with them and formed a new company called Petroglyph. EA tried to continue the franchise with Tiberium Wars, which was Generals in disguise with a few units from older games that weren't very inventive. They also threw away the Tiberian Lifeforms from TS, making the sci-fi story of the game series not make sense anymore.

This was just one example of EA gobbling a game developer up, rushing them to make crap, and make millions on unsuspecting fans. There are undoubtedly others. But anyway, we're off topic.

Command and Conquer was developed by Westwood Studios and published by Virgin Interactive. They were doing well with the franchise until EA bought them (just when they were finishing Tiberian Sun). Red Alert was brilliant, Tiberian Sun was brilliant. But EA rushed them on making Red Alert 2, and it wasn't as good as it could have been. Then they renamed Westwood to EA Pacific and forced them to make the god-awful C&C Generals. The majority of the Westwood staff (including the brilliant music composer, Frank Klepacki) then got fed up with them and formed a new company called Petroglyph. EA tried to continue the franchise with Tiberium Wars, which was Generals in disguise with a few units from older games that weren't very inventive. They also threw away the Tiberian Lifeforms from TS, making the sci-fi story of the game series not make sense anymore.

This was just one example of EA gobbling a game developer up, rushing them to make crap, and make millions on unsuspecting fans. There are undoubtedly others. But anyway, we're off topic.

I've got red alert 1 and 2 and I agree 2 could have been better, having said that they kept to the same formula, cut scenes and characters (like Tanya) and it worked well but generals was like WHAT! I dont like the Tiberium style games, I like the more down to earth stuff... maybe Red Alert 3 is in the pipe line! and maybe for PS3 but knowing EA they will mess that port up!

Robin

I only hate the games that EA makes, not the companies they bought out.

The last 3 Need For speed games features modding and visual flare yet none of them have post race replays? I can except the arcade gameplay if i can enjoy seeing a replay of my ride drifting around corners. They have all these cinematic pre and post race cameras that look cool but no in game replay? That sucks and they took replays out of Burnout after Burnout 2. They care too much about deadlines and porting to every gaming system imaginable rather than making a complete game.

EA the publisher is great, EA the developer is not. EA the developer game's never get delay, their release dates are set many months in advance. Need For speed has been very stale the last 3 years and they release a new one every year and thats why Midnight Club 3 is better than the last 5 Need For speed games combined and Midnight club 4 looks to continue the trend. We see a new MC every two years and the work shows. NFS's one years work also shows and it wont stop because people keep buying the crap like Madden.

A little belated, but here are last week's and this week's updates:

07/11/20 North American PS Store Update

• Games
    • $2.00 Aquatopia
    • $5.00 Operation Creature Feature

• Game Add-ons
    • $ 3.00 flOw - Expansion Pack
    • $10.00 Need For Speed: ProStreet - Collector's Upgrade
    • $ 5.50 Rock Band - Metallica Track Pack 1
    • $ 5.50 Rock Band - Queens of the Stone Age Track Pack 1
    • $ 5.50 Rock Band - The Police Track Pack 01
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Metallica: Blackened
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Metallica: And Justice for All
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Metallica: Ride the Lightning
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Queens of the Stone Age: 3’s and7’s
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Queens of the Stone Age: Little Sister
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Queens of the Stone Age: Sick Sick Sick
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - The Police: Can’t Stand Losing You
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - The Police: Roxanne
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - The Police: Synchronicity II
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - T. Rex: Bang a gong
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - The Runaways: Cherry Bomb
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Creedence Clearwater Revival: Fortunate Son
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Wolfmother: Joker and the Thief
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - Foreigner: Juke Box Hero
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - The Knack: My Sharona

• Game Demos
    • MX vs. ATV: Untamed

• Game Trailers
    • Snakeball
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD - BTS Story
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD - BTS Design
    • Battlefield: Bad Company - Trailer 2

• Movie Trailers
    • Superbad - Blu-ray

• Wallpaper
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 8
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 9
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 10
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 11

07/11/22 UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Games
    • €3.50 G-Police

• Game Add-ons
    • €1.50 MotorStorm - Vehicle Pack: Rascal & Governor
    • €1.50 Folklore - The Alchemist Pack

• Game Demos
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    • Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII

• Game Trailers
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    • MotorStorm - Devil's Weekend
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - BTS: Animation
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - El Dorado
    • Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII - 1
    • Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII - 2
    • Battlefield: Bad Company
    • Beowolf: The Game

• System Trailers
    • PSN Showcase

• Wallpaper
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Wood
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Field
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Cathedral
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Atrium

07/11/22 Australia PS Store Update
(normally the same content as above, but has exclusive music videos)

• Music Videos
    • Shannon Noll - "Loud"

07/11/22 Hong Kong PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to Taiwan and Southeast Asia regions)

• Game Add-ons
    • HK$12 MotorStorm - Vehicle Pack: Rascal & Governor

• Wallpaper
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 8
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 9
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 10
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 11

07/11/22 Japanese PS Store Update

• Game Add-ons
    • ¥200 MotorStorm - Volume 3
    • FREE Imabikisou - Game Pack 2

• Game Demos
    • Go! Sports Ski

• Wallpaper
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 8
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 9
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 10
    • Devil May Cry 4 - 11

07/11/29 North American PS Store Update

• Games
    • $10.00 PAIN

• Game Add-ons
    • $30.00 The Elder Scrolls IV - Shivering Isles
    • $ 5.00 Resistance: FOM - Map Pack 2
    • $ 8.00 Resistance: FOM - Map Pack Bundle
    • $ 2.00 MotorStorm - Vehicle & Skin Pack
    • FREE Guitar Hero III - Boss Battles Track Pack
    • $ 5.50 Rock Band - David Bowie Pack 1
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - David Bowie: Heroes
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - David Bowie: Moonage Daydream
    • $ 2.00 Rock Band - David Bowie: Queen Bitch

• Game Trailers
    • Timeshift - FPS Differently Video 2
    • Ratchet & Clank: ToD - BTS: Weapons

• Movie Trailers
    • Stop Loss - Theatrical
    • Resident Evil: Extinction - Blu-ray
    • Memoirs of a Geisha - Blu-ray

• Wallpaper
    • Pain - 1
    • Pain - 2
    • Pain - 3
    • Pain - 4
    • Pain - 5
    • Pain - 6
    • Resistance: Fall of Man - 1
    • Resistance: Fall of Man - 2
    • Resistance: Fall of Man - 3
    • Resistance: Fall of Man - 4
    • Resistance: Fall of Man - 5
    • Aquatopia

07/11/29 UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Games
    • £ 3.50 Destruction Derby
    • £ 3.50 Kula World

• Game Add-ons
    • £ 2.00 MotorStorm - Vehicle Pack: Crazy Samurai/Quick Foot
    • £ 3.00 Resistance: FOM - Bracknell/Axbridge Maps
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Sonic Mission
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Shadow Mission
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Silver Mission
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Boss Attack Sonic
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Boss Attack Shadow
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Boss Attack Silver
    • £ 2.00 Sonic the Hedgehog - Team Attack Amigo

• Game Demos
    • TimeShift

• Game Trailers
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - BTS: Making the Game
    • Blazing Angels 2: SMoWWII - Racing
    • PAIN
    • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
    • Assassin's Creed - Altair Was Here

• System Trailers
    • New PS3 Advert - Blu-ray
    • New PS3 Advert - Gaming
    • New PS3 Advert - Evolving Entertainment
    • New PS3 Advert - Faster Processing
    • New PS3 Advert - Making of

• Movie Trailers
    • Bee Movie - Theatrical

07/11/29 Hong Kong PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to Taiwan and Southeast Asia regions)

• Game Add-ons
    • HK$39 Resistance: FOM - Map Pack 2
    • HK$55 Resistance: FOM - Map Pack Bundle
    • HK$12 MotorStorm - Vehicle Pack: Quickfoot & Crazy Samurai

07/11/29 Japanese PS Store Update

• Game Add-ons
    • FREE Mainichi Issyo - Game Pack
    • FREE Mainichi Issyo - Face Pack
    • ¥300 FolksSoul - Vol.6

• Game Trailers
    • Eye of Judgment - Review/Tutorial Pt.1
    • Eye of Judgment - Review/Tutorial Pt.2
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - El Dorado
    • Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights - Drift Nights

glad that bethesda came to their senses and released the Shivering Isles as a download as well as hard copy, it's a little steep though

Anyone play pain yet? I'd like to get it but damnit I don't have a credit card. I wish I could use a debit card for the PS store...

Anyone play pain yet? I'd like to get it but damnit I don't have a credit card. I wish I could use a debit card for the PS store...

Umm, you can use a debit card. I always do. They just run it like a credit card. Kinda like when you go to fast food restaurants and they never make you put in a pin.

Umm, you can use a debit card. I always do. They just run it like a credit card. Kinda like when you go to fast food restaurants and they never make you put in a pin.

Really? I thought it asked you if the card was a Visa, American Express or something else and then they ask for for the credit card number and expiration date.

Just tried and it doesn't work, they need a security code and expiry date, both of which I do not have. I just wished they sold the Playstation Network Cards here......

If your debit card has credit card logos, you can use it. My debit card that I got from my bank has a Mastercard logo. I can use it as credit anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Unlike a credit card, the amount is automatically deducted from my bank account.

So any one that gets Pain let me know if it is worth $10.

Also, the Resistance Bundle Pack, is that map packs 1 and 2? I never got the first one so that would be a deal for me to grab.

Really? I thought it asked you if the card was a Visa, American Express or something else and then they ask for for the credit card number and expiration date.

Just tried and it doesn't work, they need a security code and expiry date, both of which I do not have. I just wished they sold the Playstation Network Cards here......

Yeah like Solid Fro said, my Debit card is a bank/Visa debit so it works just like a Visa credit card (with expriation date and secruity code) but it uses my money, works great.

Yeah like Solid Fro said, my Debit card is a bank/Visa debit so it works just like a Visa credit card (with expriation date and secruity code) but it uses my money, works great.

Well thats where I'm screwed then, my debit card doesn't have either. It's a debit card with TD Canada Trust if anyone here cares. So is there any word of sony releasing the PSN network cards to North America?

Damn it, I wanted to buy Pain (looks fun and is cheap) but US Playstation store wont accept my Visa debit because I can't confirm my Australian address in the US store (only USA addresses excepted). :(

Should be any minute now, haven't heard anything about what's coming today. I'm hoping for a demo of Assassins Creed.

Great, i was worried there was none today. As for AC unless you really like stealth games with a lot of cinematic bits dont bother with it, i have it and its ok-ish.

Wasn't that trailer already up? I've had a GTA4 trailer from the PS store downloaded about a week ago.

If anyone gets PAIN, please share your experience. $10 is still $10. :)

So no update yet? A lot of users of the playstation boards are speculating that HOME open beta comes out today, but I highly doubt that.

Seems like we're getting a timeshift multiplayer demo, a new GTA trailer, High Velocity Bowling and another MGS4 trailer.

Back