Official Playstation Store Thread

Welp. enjoy all you're jaggies then I guess... :rolleyes:

And this, my friend, is why you are a jaded little kid, incapable of real enjoyment.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will be entirely capable of having a blast with great games, while you cry your bitter bitter eyes out about jaggies and other bull crap that is absolutely pointless.

Sad, so very sad.

And this, my friend, is why you are a jaded little kid, incapable of real enjoyment.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will be entirely capable of having a blast with great games, while you cry your bitter bitter eyes out about jaggies and other bull crap that is absolutely pointless.

Sad, so very sad.

You really ought to lighten up.

stuffedpsnmain.jpg

US PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
  • WipEout HD ($19.99)
  • Burnout Paradise PSN ($29.99)
  • GEON Emotions ($9.99)
  • Mega Man 9 (free demo, $9.99 to buy)

Add-on Game Content
  • BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, National Geographic: Safari ($7.99)
  • BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, Videogames ($5.99)
  • BUZZ! QuizTV Question Pack, Sci-Fi ($5.99)
  • Soul Calibur IV Customization Equipment 2 ($1.99)
  • Rock Band
    • “Limelight (Original Version)” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “Tom Sawyer (Original Version)” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “Red Barchetta” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “The Camera Eye” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “Vital Signs” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “Witch Hunt” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “YYZ” – Rush ($1.99)
    • “Moving Pictures (Album)” – Rush ($10.99) This pack includes “Tom Sawyer (Original Version),” “Red Barchetta,” “YYZ,” “Limelight (Original Version),” “The Camera Eye,” “Witch Hunt,” and “Vital Signs” by Rush.
    • “Bandage” – Hot Hot Heat ($1.99)
    • “Love Spreads” – Stone Roses ($1.99)
    • “She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult ($1.99)
    • “Shoot the Runner – Kasabian ($1.99)
    • “Sorrow” – Bad Religion ($1.99)
    • “You’re No Rock n’ Roll Fun” – Sleater Kinney ($1.99)

Game Demos (free)
  • NBA 09 The Inside Demo
  • NBA Live 09 Demo
  • Mega Man 9 Trial

Game Videos (free)
  • PAIN Amusement Park-New Characters Video
  • Resistance 2 Shattered History Trailer
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell’ Highway Eyes Only Network Trailer
  • Burnout Paradise Bikes Network Trailer
  • Dead Space Animated Comic Issue #5 Network Trailer
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld Gameplay Network Trailer

Blu-Ray Trailers
  • 88 Minutes Blu-ray Trailer
  • Made of Honor Blu-ray Trailer

PS3 Wallpaper (free)
  • Soul Calibur IV #5 Tira Witch
  • Soul Calibur IV #6 Voldo Jack-O-Lantern

PS3 Themes (free)
  • Buzz! Quiz TV
  • Wipeout HD Theme - All Teams #1

US PS STORE FOR PC UPDATE

PSP Games
  • Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade ($14.99)
  • Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords ($14.99)

Game Demos (Free)
  • Pipe Mania Demo for PSP

PSP Themes (Free)
  • Buzz! Master Quiz (also available from PS3 Store)

EU PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
  • WipEout HD full game (£11.99/€17.99)
  • Burnout Paradise full game (£24.99/€29.99)
  • Mega Man 9 full game (£6.99/€9.99)
  • Burnout Legends full PSP game (£14.99/€19.99)
  • Burnout Dominator full PSP game (£17.99/€24.99)

Game Demos
  • Mercenaries 2 demo
  • Beijing 2008 demo
  • Mega Man 9 demo

Add-on content
  • Buzz! Quiz TV "Video Games" quiz (£3.49/€4.99)
  • Rock Band DLC (listed after the break)
  • High Stakes Poker add-on 2 (free)
  • Rock Band DLC
    • All that remains pack (£1.69/€2.29)
      • "Chiron" (£0.69/€0.99)
      • "This Calling" (£0.69/€0.99)
      • "Two Weeks" (£0.69/€0.99)
    • Rush - Moving Pictures
      • "Tom Sawyer" (Original) (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "Red Barchetta" (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "YYZ" (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "Limelight" (Original) (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "The Camera Eye" (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "Witch Hunt" (£1.49/€1.99)
      • "Vital Signs" (£1.49/€1.99)

Game Videos
  • PES 2009 trailer
  • Valkyria Chronicles trailer
  • Ferrari Challenge trailer
  • Pure launch trailer
  • PAIN Amusement Park: Trauma trailer
  • PAIN Amusement Park: Call Da Shot trailer
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer

Themes and wallpapers
  • Bioshock theme
  • Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel theme

I bought Wipeout HD, and had fun with it, got Rush - Moving Pictures for Rock Band and YYZ is crazy fun on guitar, bass and lead. I still need to try drums. Also, I got the Mega Man 9 demo. I forgot how hard that game could be. In what little time I played it I couldn't get past the second elephant blowing the ball at you.

Does anyone know what Geon Emotions is?

Last edited:
Foolkiller can i add you to my friends list so we can hook up for some Rockband? Whats your main psnID?

Another great Store Update.

Foolkiller can i add you to my friends list so we can hook up for some Rockband? Whats your main psnID?
<--------- FoolKiller79 is the one I use for all non-Gran Turismo stuff.

We can get you, me, and Giancarlo and have some fun. He likes drums, I like bass.

This store update was insane. Europe got one that looked like a normal week in the US and the US got their biggest one yet.

Heh indeed that would be cool, but it seems like whenever you're on FoolKiller, i usually sign off...at about 11:30 PM? I'm always open to play though; i've actually been playing nothing but RockBand for quite a while. :lol:

LaBounti and i do play sometimes.

Heh indeed that would be cool, but it seems like whenever you're on FoolKiller, i usually sign off...at about 11:30 PM?
Yeah, my gaming comes either after my wife goes to bed or something I wanted to watch on TV goes off. Weekends are more flexible though.

Plus, lately I have been playing a lot of PAIN.

I'm always open to play though; i've actually been playing nothing but RockBand for quite a while. :lol:
Yes, I have noticed. You also seem to squeeze in a little COD4. There was one night I was thinking about sending you a Rock Band invite and when I checked you were in COD.

LaBounti and i do play sometimes.
The question is: Do you all have all the DLC I do? I think my game total is now over 130 songs, that includes the inital on-disc songs.

After I check out the non-Rush offerings from this week I may buy some of them as well. I'm pretty sure I want the Bad Religion and The Cult songs.

Also, when I do multiplayer now I just hit random song and go.

The Cult song is on Guitar Hero:AS It was fun might get it. I have like 113 songs. I just setn Giancarlo the list of songs I have.

does anyone know if the Burnout includes all the updates the game has had so far? at this price I am seriously considering it.
It is likely the base game, but as I understand it the updates are all free (the Bikes trailer said so), so it would just be a matter of dowloading them once you get the game installed.

does anyone know if the Burnout includes all the updates the game has had so far? at this price I am seriously considering it.

The updates for Burnout have all been free and will be included with this, you would have to download the main game first and then when you fire it up you will be prompted to download the updates.

The updates themselves are simple great, they have added lots of new cars, new challenges, the bikes, night & day cycle, weather and trophies.

On top of that more updates are in the works as well, with a new island to add to the map (which is already big) and the rumoured (but not confirmed) planes update.

Well worth the money in my opinion, I love the game and Criterion have done a stunning job with the amount of free content that as been added.

👍

Scaff

Have to agree with Scaff, Criterion have been brilliant in updating the game with free extra content. They seem to have got the right idea of keeping people continually hooked on their game without charging people for extra things. I just wish more game developers would follow suit and give us more content for those other games which seem to just fade away into the back of our minds after awhile.

Anyway, well worth the money and a great buy. I've had it since January and still have't completed it!

<--------- FoolKiller79 is the one I use for all non-Gran Turismo stuff.

We can get you, me, and Giancarlo and have some fun. He likes drums, I like bass.

This store update was insane. Europe got one that looked like a normal week in the US and the US got their biggest one yet.

I'm all for getting a band together too 👍, I've got oodles of DLC, so no worries there. I mainly play expert guitar (hard difficulty on certain songs) and sometimes medium drums.

Loving the Moving Pictures DLC, even though the EU store update is screwed up and wont let me buy it as an album but I dont care, lol, I wanted to play it badly.
I'm disappointed that we still don't have Peace Sells or the non-Rush DLC for this week...I wanted Stone Roses so bad!

I'm all for getting a band together too 👍, I've got oodles of DLC, so no worries there. I mainly play expert guitar (hard difficulty on certain songs) and sometimes medium drums.
Is Rock Band region locked for online?

If not add me to your friends list (I'm not already, am I?) and we can play. I just do medium on everything, except vocals. I prefer bass.

Anyway, any friend requests won't get approved by me until this weekend because I won't be home until extremely late tonight. I have a football (American) game tonight and loosk to be busy tomorrow as well.

I remember reading that Burnout Paradise as included in the PSN has all the updates so far included in it. And if you look at it's picture, there's the car that comes on the cover of the disc box as well as a bike. So it probably is true.

Oh, and i have ~40 DLC in RockBand, FoolKiller. I just sent LaBounti a list but didn't save a copy of the message...it's a random collection of stuff, but i do have a lot of Police and NIN in particular. LaBounti maybe you could forward FoolKiller my list, please? :D

I remember reading that Burnout Paradise as included in the PSN has all the updates so far included in it. And if you look at it's picture, there's the car that comes on the cover of the disc box as well as a bike. So it probably is true.

It has, but as I mentioned above, you download the core game from the store and then when you run the game it downloads the updates.

Once you've done this, you can congratulate yourself on successfully signing up to an amazing experience with Burnout Paradise. You now have access to all the original Burnout Paradise disk content.

That's all 5 neighbourhoods in the Paradise City open world filled with hundreds of Road Rage, Stunt Run, Marked Man and Burning Route events. Every street in the city features a Road Rules record time and Showtime score to beat. Take it online, and you'll witness the seamless arrival of up to 7 friends. Collaborate with them to beat 350 Freeburn Challenges – simple challenges taking you all over Paradise City.

Once you've got the initial download, start it from the Game menu on the XMB and it will immediately download all our latest updates.

We've been busy since we launched the original game, so please be patient, while the game upgrades itself to include the very latest stuff. You're downloading the Bogart Pack, Cagney Pack, Burnout Bikes Pack and Burnout Trophy support. To give you some idea of what that means, here's a whirlwind tour of all the awesome new content we've brought to Burnout Paradise since the game released:

• * Online Stunt Run (game mode)
  • * Online Road Rage (game mode)
  • * Online Marked Man (game mode)
  • * 35 new car-based Freeburn Challenges
  • * 35 new car-based Freeburn Challenges featuring leaderboards and against-the-clock gameplay
  • * 35 new motorcycle-based Freeburn Challenges
  • * 35 new motorcycle-based Freeburn Challenges featuring against-the-clock gameplay
  • * 38 against-the-clock race events featuring day and night gameplay – Burning Route and Midnight Ride
  • * All new game player licenses and motorcycle-specific progression
  • * Nakamura Rai-jin Turbo RWD (car)
  • * Hunter Olympus (truck)
  • * Nakamura VF1100 Street Bike (motorcycle)
  • * Nakamura Firehawk (motorcycle)
  • * Fan-created Hippie Wagon (paint-job)
  • * Fan-created Hunter Oval Steel Racer (paint-job)
  • * Tiger GT (paint-job)
  • * Rossolini Tempesta Dream (paint-job)
  • * Completely overhauled ranked and unranked race system
  • * Day and night 24hr lighting cycle and associated gameplay
  • * Dynamic weather system
  • * PlayStation 3 Trophy support
  • * PlayStation 3 Custom Soundtrack support
  • * PlayStation 3 1080i support
  • * PlayStation 3 improved standard definition display
  • * A mountain of improvements and top-requested fixes from our community
Source - http://criteriongames.com/index.php

Regards

Scaff

Is Rock Band region locked for online?

If not add me to your friends list (I'm not already, am I?) and we can play. I just do medium on everything, except vocals. I prefer bass.

Anyway, any friend requests won't get approved by me until this weekend because I won't be home until extremely late tonight. I have a football (American) game tonight and loosk to be busy tomorrow as well.

I have no idea, but we can always try anyway. I'm wondering whether there is because when I play online there seems to be an awful lot of people without the European disk content, but that could just be people who imported it. We shall see anyway.

Just read on gamespot that a Bioshock demo is confirmed... can't remember the date but its soon... Looking foreward to trying it out and also see if there really is a difference between the two versions.

Robin

Just read on gamespot that a Bioshock demo is confirmed... can't remember the date but its soon... Looking foreward to trying it out and also see if there really is a difference between the two versions.

Robin
According to the PlayStation developers blog the only difference is new challenge levels or modes or something like that. Everything else is supposed to be the same.

Yes but im sure there might even be the tinyest of graphical or performances differences... im just curious because GTAIV was said to be indentical and it wasnt.

Yes but im sure there might even be the tinyest of graphical or performances differences... im just curious because GTAIV was said to be indentical and it wasnt.
True. But from what few screenshots I have seen any difference is barely noticeable.

I just want to play the gorram game.

Back