Official Playstation Store Thread

Careful with the Rock Band DLC guys. Trying to catch up all at once is a quick way to go broke.

Too late, lol. I actually expected the songs to be £2 each, so I went all crazy/giddy when I saw the prices. I spent a quarter of what I thought I would and got more songs! Win!
....off to sing Baba O'Riley again heehee 👍

....off to sing Baba O'Riley again heehee 👍
If you are playing with friends that is the perfect song to make your drummer make a beer run in. He has plenty of time before his 30 seconds of playing.

By the way, I've downloaded some songs and they don't work, they don't load a sample on the song select screen and when you pick them, it just loads for minutes on end without starting the song. I downloaded the songs and then bought Rock Band but didn't connect it to the internet (I opened it at my Gran's, away from our wireless internet), so is it related to a patch? I noticed all the songs that didn't work are songs that came out after The Who pack, this is what makes me wonder if its related to a patch allowing these songs to work?
Just want to make sure before I delete all of the DLC songs and then re-download to try and fix it.

By the way, I've downloaded some songs and they don't work, they don't load a sample on the song select screen and when you pick them, it just loads for minutes on end without starting the song. I downloaded the songs and then bought Rock Band but didn't connect it to the internet (I opened it at my Gran's, away from our wireless internet), so is it related to a patch? I noticed all the songs that didn't work are songs that came out after The Who pack, this is what makes me wonder if its related to a patch allowing these songs to work?
Just want to make sure before I delete all of the DLC songs and then re-download to try and fix it.
Which songs specifically? The Pax Pack songs had an error but there is supposed to be a patch for that, but it should only affect those three if you downloaded the pack. If you bought them separately the one creating the issue is "On the Corner of dude and Catastrophe."

Otherwise I don't know because I didn't buy any between The Who and Pax.

Which songs specifically? The Pax Pack songs had an error but there is supposed to be a patch for that, but it should only affect those three if you downloaded the pack. If you bought them separately the one creating the issue is "On the Corner of dude and Catastrophe."

Otherwise I don't know because I didn't buy any between The Who and Pax.

The songs that don't work are:
Electric Crown
Sleepwalker
Constant Motion
Girls On Film

I'll try updating the game tomorrow and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't then I'll have to re-download them and see if that fixes it. I can't see it being a problem with download though, as they are all related in the fact they were released after The Who pack...suggesting to me that something changed in the DLC files after that which they patched the game to take into account.

I think "Baba" has amazing drums, what do you mean?

And they just released every single song? Damn. :lol: Good to see our EU friends get in on the fun though. 👍

I got an email from Playstation yadda yadda. It included a code to get a Motorstorm 2 Demo. Did everyone get this or is it rare?

TB
I haven't' received said email, kekke.

Cool, but i cant see why they limit a demo to certain users!? Don't they want all the promotion they can get? A public demo is great promotion.

My Review of the demo:

It was like the old Motorstorm but nicer graphics, better handling (still very arcade, as Motorstorm should be). The layout and all is almost exactly the same. Old Motorstorm players will feel at home.

Will old Motorstorm players get bored as fast due to lack of depth?

Probably, it's not a very big difference between driving a monster truck than driving a motorcycle. Even though they look different and the crashes are a little different. But thats about it. It's still a very cool game, very hardcore! I dont know about the full version though. Might be some more interesting gameplay there. All i've played is the demo course which is similar to the demo course to the first game. There is a video of all 3 vehicles driving one race each below.

I got an email from Playstation yadda yadda. It included a code to get a Motorstorm 2 Demo. Did everyone get this or is it rare?
Right now is the early private demo. By invite in EU, for Qore members in the US.

Later it will be released to the public.

Did anyone try the Fracture demo? I have a feeling it will be rubbish, but it should be amusing for at least a couple of minutes.

Probably, it's not a very big difference between driving a monster truck than driving a motorcycle. Even though they look different and the crashes are a little different. But thats about it. It's still a very cool game, very hardcore! I dont know about the full version though. Might be some more interesting gameplay there. All i've played is the demo course which is similar to the demo course to the first game. There is a video of all 3 vehicles driving one race each below.

What!? Dude, there is a HUGE difference between the Motorcycle and the Monster truck. HUGE.

What game did you play? Because it wasn't MS2.

Yeah they are very different techniques and paths required for the different vehicles. Am looking forward to this game for the chance to let my hair down lol.

Did anyone try the Fracture demo?

It's actually a little better than I thought. It's PS2 material graphics wise, but gameplay wise it's a helluva lot better than Haze (shooting gun aspect) and It seems really similar to Too Human (looks). I'd by it at $20.

Think Dark Sector/TimeShift/The Darkness/Haze level, but a little less of a FAIL.

The Darkness was far from a "failure". The only negative aspects are the open world gameplay and the ending sequence wasn't too great. Other than that it was pretty cool.

I just played some of the Fracture demo. While it isn't exactly bad, it doesn't really stand out. The story probably won't be anything special.

The Darkness was far from a "failure". The only negative aspects are the open world gameplay and the ending sequence wasn't too great. Other than that it was pretty cool.

I think that is one of the more underrated games so far this gen. It was a really cool game, different, but cool and yet you never ever hear about it.

It's actually a little better than I thought. It's PS2 material graphics wise, but gameplay wise it's a helluva lot better than Haze (shooting gun aspect) and It seems really similar to Too Human (looks). I'd by it at $20.

Think Dark Sector/TimeShift/The Darkness/Haze level, but a little less of a FAIL.

What PS2 were you playing, and where can I get one?

Some of you seriously take this generation for granted. You need to go back and play some PS2 games, you're memory deceives you.

Some of you seriously take this generation for granted. You need to go back and play some PS2 games, you're memory deceives you.

I agree, I went back to PS2 for some older games I like and I never remember it looking like it did! Soon enough I got used to it and when I went back to PS3 I was amazed how good it looked.

Ha, I cant believe people still complain about something no one even knew existed until it was pointed out(N64 era). If you are going to use Ps2 as the reference for Jaggies you might as well go way back to SNES's Super FX chip and Star Fox........... "Wow Fracture has Super FX graphics".

Anitialasing has zero effect on gameplay or overall graphical effect. I'll take frame rate over AA any day. Not defending the game but the unimportance of jaggies. I dont recall seeing anyone complain about the massive amount of jaggies in Daytona U.S.A. when it first came out. Like an Arab on an airplane, no body cares until its pointed out.

Back