Official Proof inside Kazanori has replied re gearbox problem

• Thread starter jjbk
  • 122 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, adjusting INDIVIDUAL gear ratios was in PAST Gran Turismo games and it's NOT in this one. Also, if you don't like the people who complain, then don't post in their threads so they don't jump to the top of the queue.

Gearing makes or brakes a tune. However, there was at least one gearing glitch in GT4 and from my tuning days back in FM2, absurdly long gears either gave you an advantage where TCS was forbidden in RWD cars or gave you a faster time due to less shifting. Especially the latter was totally against an RL experience, as nobody ever would run a competitive car using just 3 gears.

So, yes, gearing would be a nice have to but also it would open another loop hole for exploits. Tuning is, comparatively, very limited in GT5 as it is.

It's a design choice, either like it or not, but endless bitching about it doesn't change a thing.

It's commonly known Kaz has answered the gearing issue and gave an explanation already. What makes this whole thread even more outrageous in my view.

He also didn't "spam". He only did 2 tweets per day. If it was 1 tweet per hour, that would be spamming. It is entirely reasonable to expect a response from a tweet especially when other people have been responded to when they asked their question AFTER his.

And that's why I "jumped" this particular thread. (a) If you seriously think that "the man himself" owes anyone an answer, you should think again. PD offer another means of feedback, but one can't seriously expect an individual answer. (b) It is considered spaming everywhere, also in business life, if you post your request/question/etc. more than once. What absolutely takes the biscuit is that the OP made it sound he represents a considerable number of GTP members and therefore demanded an answer.

This is, to my taste, going too far and people should reconsider what is appropriate and what not.

There is neither a "right" to complain nor a "right" to get the complaints answered nor that the developer change their style because after all they offer a product, let it get reviewed and leave it to you if you chose to buy it or nor.

Shame and all that they haven't pleased all people, but I just about had it with the random number of people who chose to meet at the #1 resource for all things GT to endlessly complain about the game about every single detail, no matter how small it is.

Gearing makes or brakes a tune. However, there was at least one gearing glitch in GT4 and from my tuning days back in FM2, absurdly long gears either gave you an advantage where TCS was forbidden in RWD cars or gave you a faster time due to less shifting. Especially the latter was totally against an RL experience, as nobody ever would run a competitive car using just 3 gears.

So, yes, gearing would be a nice have to but also it would open another loop hole for exploits. Tuning is, comparatively, very limited in GT5 as it is.

It's a design choice, either like it or not, but endless bitching about it doesn't change a thing.

It's commonly known Kaz has answered the gearing issue and gave an explanation already. What makes this whole thread even more outrageous in my view.

And that's why I "jumped" this particular thread. (a) If you seriously think that "the man himself" owes anyone an answer, you should think again. PD offer another means of feedback, but one can't seriously expect an individual answer. (b) It is considered spaming everywhere, also in business life, if you post your request/question/etc. more than once. What absolutely takes the biscuit is that the OP made it sound he represents a considerable number of GTP members and therefore demanded an answer.

This is, to my taste, going too far and people should reconsider what is appropriate and what not.

There is neither a "right" to complain nor a "right" to get the complaints answered nor that the developer change their style because after all they offer a product, let it get reviewed and leave it to you if you chose to buy it or nor.

Shame and all that they haven't pleased all people, but I just about had it with the random number of people who chose to meet at the #1 resource for all things GT to endlessly complain about the game about every single detail, no matter how small it is.

I'm pretty sure that [bolded statement] falls under "free speech."
Given that we are talking about communications to someone in a different country, I don't know what applies; but on this forum we have every right to voice our complaints so long as we do so in a reasonable fashion and in accordance with the AUP.

Anyhoo, the other points of your post are valid.

I personally don't think he owes anyone an answer, but if someone is asked a question, it's normally polite and professional to respond. But, you are right. He doesn't owe us anything.

I had never heard of the gearing glitch so I never knew there was anything broken in the first place. If they are getting the glitches ironed out of the custom gears, that's awesome and we shouldn't be complaining. BUT, none of us know whether there were exploits that needed to be fixed or whether it was just omitted from the final product. Judging from Kaz's response, I would assume they had to get something fixed.

Don't sound like a dick when you do it, we want to keep GTPlanet's image up. Don't send him tweets making out that thousands of GT fans hate him.

What the official post did was not really the right thing to do even though he got results, but if Kaz was visiting the forums recently i don't think he would be really happy anyway, the influx of new members have derailed the forums to a certain degree (and the mods have been doing a good job in controlling them but its too much work, i think!)

DAVE

Last edited:
Well done for bringing it to Kazunori Sans attention!

👍

What the official post did was not really the right thing to do even though he got results, but if Kaz was visiting the forums recently i don't think he would be really happy anyway, the influx of new members have derailed the forums to a certain degree (and the mods have been doing a good job in controlling them but its too much work, i think!)

DAVE

Kaz gets lots of tweets and only replies to a few, I'm sure he's fully aware of what problems there are and what the community wants.

(By "official post" I assume you meant Original post/er?)

Kaz gets lots of tweets and only replies to a few, I'm sure he's fully aware of what problems there are and what the community wants.

(By "official post" I assume you meant Original post/er?)

Yea! you get what what am saying :)

DAVE

Last edited:
If I were kaz, I'd have an intern screen through all tweets first and have him/her generate a neat and tidy one page report on a daily/weekly basis.

Otherwise, I'd go crazy.

amar I tweeted him for last few days, they were very kind and respectful, on day 4 I started getting Disrespected by him not answering, so I changed my Tone, that is the perfect customer V Business owner relationship in any country. Almost forgetting the fact PD has nowhere we can post what we think is a big problem, Twitter is all we got.

After he replied, I thanked him, and told him its 1 of our most needed fixes, So I was very kind, If a business owner ignored a customer 8 calls in 4 days, I think he would be lucky to still have his business

It is funny, that people always have to claim about things in GT5. If you read a lot of threads, you would think, PD should overwork the complete game in all parts.

And when every question turn into the last one with the gear box and how it was formulated, Kaz stops his works on GT5.

PD has no obligation to listen to you nor to update the game. And when you turn out to get angry and bother him, it will no end badly for him....but for sure for you all.

It is funny, that people always have to claim about things in GT5. If you read a lot of threads, you would think, PD should overwork the complete game in all parts.

And when every question turn into the last one with the gear box and how it was formulated, Kaz stops his works on GT5.

PD has no obligation to listen to you nor to update the game. And when you turn out to get angry and bother him, it will no end badly for him....but for sure for you all.

Maybe you're right. But if they forget us, who bought his product, maybe we won't buy GT6.

We are in a modern world. The forms of communication have changed. Twitter is a form that customers communicate. They know and that's why they've got it.

Kaz are not going to stop GT5, not as it gave him amounts of money.

GT5 is a great product, probable the best in its league. But when i bought it I expect some things that aren't in the game at all. I'm not telling that this things should be a priority or should be adressed yesterday. It's not a matter of time. But, online has a good thing, you can do patches, and convert a good game in a expectional one.

If they don't want us to tell him things like the gear issue in twitter, it's simple. Just PD make a web page or site with a poll with the things we want. I think is a constructive way.

I really don't like the fact that you acted like a 12yr old and tossed around the "GTPlanet" name, as though, its perfectly ok to do so. As if "we" have your back.

I'm sure PD is quite well aware of the gear ratio issues, similarly to how they disabled the point to point races in the track maker. This guys spend every day looking at their game. They know what is and what isn't in it and WHY they are not in it.

Next flooding of Kaz will be for support of the G27.
Please stay tuned for that One !!

Great, thanks. Flood Kaz with lies about "everyone" being concerned about these minor issues, maybe then he'll ignore the issues the majority of people actually care about and instead tend to the whims of you and three other people.

@jjbk
In my opinion, your twitter-thing shows, how not to act with publishers and developers. And you did it as bad as anybody can do.

Noting that there are still many inconsistencies in GT5, you have not the right to push to an answer by Kaz or PD or bothering them with same questions 4 times a day... and to formulate your questions as if PD is obliged to answer you.

In my opinion the best way is to make is huge poll at the main page of GTPlanet, so that PD can see all the time what main points the community want to be updated.

But being harsh and demanding is just stupid.

To all of you who criticised his twitter action, there is no other way you can directly communicate with PD. Sending e-mails to Sony is useless and I tried to find e-mail to PD and found nothing. Yes, we can sit here, make threads about different things that needs to be done (add support to G27 is easiest of them) and hope that "Translator San" is reading all this and making notes in his pad. Maybe they know all this but lack of communication toward GT fanbase is what motivates people to do this sort of action.

Maybe you're right. But if they forget us, who bought his product, maybe we won't buy GT6.

I think, if GT5's development taught us anything, with the hushed tones, vague website updates, and untold levels of secrecy and confusion... it's that nope, people will still buy the game. In droves ;).

To all of you who criticised his twitter action, there is no other way you can directly communicate with PD.

It's not so much him messaging Kaz on Twitter; that on its own is perfectly acceptable. Spamming the man numerous times a day, with the same message, and naming GTPlanet in said spam is what's frowned upon. He is not a representative of the website, and it sends a very negative message to have GTP mentioned in the Twitter-equivalent of "are we there yet?" pestering.

Polyphony Digital is a multi-billion dollar company, do you really think they care what some kid has to say in Kansas? This isn't directed at somebody specific nor is it meant to be rude, I'm simply making a point.

Fixed for ya.
They got a third of a billion dollars in revenue from this single game. W T F :crazy:

SOMEONE made a 1/3rd billion. But not all goes to Sony/PD. Lots of middlemen to pay off and manufacturing/ shipping costs etc. Not to say they didn't pocket a goodly sum...

I had the price breakdown for game sales given to me one time and they make like 5 bucks profit in the end per game in most cases. (that's after salaries, disc pressing, packaging, marketing budget ect...)

I understand a lot of you want changes made to the game, but being a total ass to the man is unacceptable.

I understand a lot of you want changes made to the game, but being a total ass to the man is unacceptable.

I agree with you. But apparently, being an ass is the way PD will listen and accept they made some really tiny and stupid mistakes. Cuz, there's no denying here, they have.

They even notice the community without being assholes.

No rudeness intended, but I'd like to see an example. If they did so, we would've got better TG challenges, interesting premiums instead of electric crap-boxes, G25/27 support, save during endurances, fully customizable transmissions, brake upgrades, and a better working painting system. So, apparently and to me at least, they don't listen...

I'd like to be wrong, though.

No rudeness intended, but I'd like to see an example. If they did so, we would've got better TG challenges, interesting premiums instead of electric crap-boxes, G25/27 support, save during endurances, fully customizable transmissions, brake upgrades, and a better working painting system. So, apparently and to me at least, they don't listen...

I'd like to be wrong, though.

Do you ever bought a game completely created out of a community wishlist? Game developers have their own designers and the leading producers live mostly in their own creative world and have their visions of a good game.

You are correct, that there are some things needed to be noticed by PD. But they can´t or they won´t implement everything because they almost follow their own ideals.

Do you ever bought a game completely created out of a community wishlist? Game developers have their own designers and the leading producers live mostly in their own creative world and have their visions of a good game.

You are correct, that there are some things needed to be noticed by PD. But they can´t or they won´t implement everything because they almost follow their own ideals.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a game completely made out of a community whishlist, that's why I didn't bought an X360. I respect and like Kazunori's ideals and visions regarding game design, I like the design of the menus and the passionate feeling of the game and that's his work. We should owe to Kaz those calm and inspiring menus that show cars at glorious graphics before entering a race track with loud rock 'n roll matched to some astounding driving physics, but we also owe to him some un-interesting cars few boffins will ever drive, a ridiculous AI, and having to spend $500 for a supported high-end wheel.

I think that outer constructive criticism is important for the sake of self-improvement.

Bastard, I think your the first person who I've read who likes the menus.
I hate them BTW.

Bastard, I think your the first person who I've read who likes the menus.
I hate them BTW.

I really like their smooth design and style, both graphics and music wise. Their functionality could be better though.

As a friend of mine who's a Forza fan puts it: "This menus are really serious and cool. Forza is just lame and childish" :lol:. Those original Bossa Nova and Jazz tunes matched to the car in a photomode location are, at least to me, amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back