Official WRC Series Returns: EA Sports WRC, to Launch November 3 on PC & New-Gen Consoles

• Thread starter Famine
  • 207 comments
I hope for a 306 maxi absent from the WRC for too long
I don't see why it wouldn't be. The 306 has been in DR2.0 and it would be dumb to not have it.
Too bad we will not get Pikes Peak thanks to Sony and PD sitting on the licence.

Some nice hill climb tracks and cars would go nicely.
I dont think PD has an exclusive license to Pike's Peak, they only are the title sponsor of the Hill Climb.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. The 306 has been in DR2.0 and it would be dumb to not have it.

I dont think PD has an exclusive license to Pike's Peak, they only are the title sponsor of the Hill Climb.
They acquired an exclusive licence in 2017. Can’t find any info to say that they no longer do

I don’t have a definitive answer to give you.

It’s Unreal Engine, and that’s basically all I can say. I’m not a qualified enough technical expert to tell you whether it’s a 4 or 5, what tech it’s using etc.

What I can say however is that the team spent a significant amount of time ensuring that the DiRT Rally 2.0 physics would feel the same as in that game, before then beginning to iterate and make cars handle even better.
I really hoped that this was based on the Dirt Rally 2.0 series rather than the arcadey Dirt series. This got me really excited! If it plays the same than I am all in for it! Can't wait!

I had a fairly brief moment of existential angst before forking out the dosh for the standard edition regarding how exactly Codies/EA will persuade me to stump up extra cash for the game once those five VIP passes run out, but I've a feeling I'll be paying extra for the opportunity to use historic vehicles, which is fine with me.

Having barely touched rallycross in 2.0 I personally don't think I'll miss that mode too much in WRC despite it being very well implemented IMO in the previous game.

Last edited:
I had a fairly brief moment of existential angst before forking out the dosh for the standard edition regarding how exactly Codies/EA will persuade me to stump up extra cash for the game once those five VIP passes run out, but I've a feeling I'll be paying extra for the opportunity to use historic vehicles, which is fine with me.

Having barely touched rallycross in 2.0 I personally don't think I'll miss that mode too much in WRC despite it being very well implemented IMO in the previous game.
Ditto. The World Rallycross stuff was great…..except I never used it. Just never bothered with it.

Give me a bunch of historic cars instead any day. The great thing with a rally game is that because there’s only one car on stage you can basically recreate any event, any season, anything if you have the right cars. McRae’s ‘98 Impreza in Rally GB? Great, I’ll set it up and I’m battling Sainz and Makinen in no time. I don’t care what the names of the other drivers actually are in game, I’m there.

The fact the KT games would never let you set up custom events was absolutely shocking in hindsight.

I preordered it but i have the feeling that everyone will get back to dirt. It’EA and they track record with fifa and f1 is terrible. So sad for codemasters.

Last edited:
I've been back on the CM challenges, driving the 98' Impreza WRC car, great fun loving everything about it. I've just got the Greece challenge to do then I'm into the last set in the Focus/Fabia/6R4. I really hope the new game lives up to DR1/2 and it's hardcore nature and they haven't dumbed it down for the masses.

Last edited:
I've been back on the CM challenges, driving the 98' Impreza WRC car, great fun loving everything about it. I've just got the Greece challenge to do then I'm into the last set in the Focus/Fabia/6R4. I really hope the new game lives up to DR1/2 and it's hardcore nature and they haven't dumbed it down for the masses.
I won't complain if the difficulty slider from DiRT Rally 2.0 makes a return.

I also pre-ordered it. If its anything like Dirt Rally 2 with WRC licence more tracks and cars it cant disappoint i guess. its even cheaper than what i paid for DR2.0 in 2019. Would be great to see a rallycross addition to it though even as dlc. Had a lot of fun with that.

Edit: EA allready told someone on their forum there wont be rallycross..😕

Last edited:
That feels like a waste to me. I wonder if the WRXC license is included under the WRC license, since the WRC Promoter holds both championships. I never really touched RX in DR2.0, so I could care less about it. Hopefully it does come later on for those that will use it.

I’m going to assume the low price is to offset all the DLC yet to be announced. We’ll see.
It's likely there will be a paid aspect to come post launch, but given how much launch content we're getting, makes me excited as to what may be coming after.
That feels like a waste to me. I wonder if the WRXC license is included under the WRC license, since the WRC Promoter holds both championships. I never really touched RX in DR2.0, so I could care less about it. Hopefully it does come later on for those that will use it.
I'm not sure if it is part of the same license deal, given Codemasters were able to license RX previously without the WRC license. Other WRC games similarly haven't featured RX either so it's unlikely the 2 go hand in hand.

Would seem a shame for the content to go completely unused moving forward.

I'm not sure if it is part of the same license deal, given Codemasters were able to license RX previously without the WRC license. Other WRC games similarly haven't featured RX either so it's unlikely the 2 go hand in hand.

Would seem a shame for the content to go completely unused moving forward.
From what I found, the Promoter only took over in 2021. Before that, they probably were different licenses. I wonder if time constraints have contributed as well. Especially since RX is now all-electric from last August, and that would entail new car models and all. I have a feeling RX will be coming later.

I am reading in many posts that using UE is a terrible news as it is nowhere near the quality needed for a racing gamea and it suffers from shuttering.
Honestly i don’t have an opinion on this.

Many are also saying graphics are pretty disappoinyoing. But i think this console generation is disappointing in general.

I really don't know much about the pros and cons of each respective engine but am I right in saying ACC is the only big name racer that uses Unreal? And yeah, it stutters a little and I don't think the engine is the best part of the game technically - but that's a sample size of one so I'm not sure it's particularly representative of what WRC will be like. I hope that isn't the catch though....

That’s very disappointing but not surprising either, i personally would gladly pay for it as dlc and I hope that’s the route they will go rather than abandon it all together

Last edited:
Personally i care more about immersiveness in a game like this. In all honesty, Dirt Rally 2.0 also didnt provide top notch graphics, but it ran smooth and it felt immersive to me. Ive allready seen youtubers going completely in depth on the trailers graphics provided so far. zooming in on tyres and the dirt coming off wasnt to their expectation or the grass next to the track didnt behave to their liking when a car passed. I really couldnt care less when im racing a rallycar at 150kph past it .
Sure its nice when you get the best graphics available and perhaps it might give you some better replays, but other than that graphics arent that important to me.

Last edited:
Personally i care more about immersiveness in a game like this. In all honesty, Dirt Rally 2.0 also didnt provide top notch graphics, but it ran smooth and it felt immersive to me. Ive allready seen youtubers going completely in depth on the trailers graphics provided so far. zooming in on tyres and the dirt coming off wasnt to their expectation or the grass next to the track didnt behave to their liking when a car passed. Personally i really couldnt care less when im racing a rallycar at 150kph past it.
Sure its nice when you get the best graphics available and perhaps it might give you some better replays, but other than that graphics arent that important to me.
Likewise, some of the analysis is just too much, like you say, DR2.0 wasn't a stunning game to look at, it got by, Ego has been showing it's age for a while in my opinion. If you gave me a choice I would probably have taken UE over Ego for this game, just off my experience of ACC which, I think, is a pretty handsome game at times.

It's also a budget game by todays market standards, perhaps expectations in some areas need to reflect that.

I preordered it but i have the feeling that everyone will get back to dirt. It’EA and they track record with fifa and f1 is terrible. So sad for codemasters.
I've haven't played the F1 games but hopefully, they make good use of the official license with likenesses and locations etc like they do with Fifa, so it's a bit more slick/polished than the KTR games at least.

Last edited:
Didn't know rallycross in the dirt games was that popular until this thread.
I thought it was good and played quite a bit of it but always preferred rally.

Its a fully electric series now so as far as I am concerned it is dead.

I really don't know much about the pros and cons of each respective engine but am I right in saying ACC is the only big name racer that uses Unreal? And yeah, it stutters a little and I don't think the engine is the best part of the game technically - but that's a sample size of one so I'm not sure it's particularly representative of what WRC will be like. I hope that isn't the catch though....
I prefer if it was a custom engine, ur always has drawbacks, stutters of loading textures etc.

20230908_101415.jpg

Back