Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
And people actually pay up to $25 to buy a second hand/repaired smoke alarm with no guarantees of safety from someone who isn't qualified to repair and distribute them? I want to meet them as I have some chocolate teapots and bottomless buckets for sale.

no, usually I repair them, and then take them to a local home security store(literally called The Security Store) and they verify the repairs I've made, and they resell them. I actually make no profit whatsoever on the detectors. as for the audible/visual alarms, I haven't sold any. I'm thinking about refining the design, getting a patent on the design, and then if they're approved by the UL, ADA, and NFPA, then I might start selling them.

Last edited:
i don't think simplex deserves all of your bashing. If he does have adhd (which seems pretty reasonable) he probably is very good at this sort of thing, and socially disadvantaged so isn't able to get along very well with everyone. Granted he's not the picture of a great member, but i don't see why you guys are all on him.
qft

:lol:

As one of my co-workers says: talking to yourself is okay and answering yourself is also acceptable. But, if you say something to yourself and then go "huh?", you need help.

lol, this cracks me up. The lack of logic in these claims is astounding.

@ PAPPACLART, a couple of things here....

Firstly if you wish to respond to multiple quotes, please follow the instructions below instead of quoting each into a separate post, thus making double-posts:

Next to the "Quote" button at the bottom of each post is a button which looks like 2 overlapping speech-bubbles. This is the multiquote button.
For each of the posts you wish to quote, click on this button, and a small white + sign will appear in a green circle within the icon.
On the last post you wish to quote, click the "Quote" button as normal, and now when your reply box opens there'll be all the quotes from each of the posts you clicked on, in one post. There's convenient spacing between each quoted part so you can respond to each one in turn.

Secondly I think you misunderstand the point of this thread.
People on these forums sometimes post unbeleivable statements, i.e. Ludicrous Claims! and other members quote those here where they are debunked, or occasionally proved true.

It is not somewhere where you can instigate a guessing game based on something you may / may not have made up. If you can supply proof that you have what you say you have, then it's not a Ludicrous Claim.

For instance, if you had posted in the "What Car Do You Drive?" thread:

"I have a 1HP Lawnmower that can accelerate from 0-150mph in 16 seconds and do a QM in 10.75@130mph and sounds like a Spitfire."

then someone would probably have brought this to the attention of the forum by quoting it here.

(I'm using most of your quote in the example, but way over-exaggerating it with the underlined portion for the purposes of demonstration. :))

Tell us what you've got, and let's get back on topic with real Ludicrous Claims!

Thanks for the Lesson.

I do understand the point of the thread as I did read the first few posts. I made a claim myself and am yet to back it up. I have been in Valencia for a weekend and left the night of my posts and have not had the time to prove my claim:sly:

Anyway, it is funny how you guys would all think that something worth £2500 and accelerates 150mph in 16 seconds is outrageous!:)

Anyway, it is funny how you guys would all think that something worth £2500 and accelerates 150mph in 16 seconds is outrageous!:)

Hang on, it's a motorcycle isn't it... and for that performance you must have bought it second-hand.

And if I was a moderator or something you'd all be agreeing with me and stuff.

Moderators aren't always agreed with, y'know.

Seriously, trolls are never agreed with because their opinions are (near) always opposite of whatever bucks the crowd, and their sole purpose is usually to lure users into arguments. Judging by your post history, that seems to be your objective aswell.

From,
Chris.

And if I was a moderator or something you'd all be agreeing with me and stuff.

If you were a moderator you wouldn't be saying such things to begin with.

And many of us have disagreed with the moderators quite publicly I might add, so just stop trying to sound victimized.

How am I a troll? I'm not Simplex, but I also have mental problems and friends with them and am just saying, his explanations are a lot more logical than they may seem to people unfamiliar with these things.

Moderators aren't always agreed with, y'know.

Seriously, trolls are never agreed with because their opinions are (near) always opposite of whatever bucks the crowd, and their sole purpose is usually to lure users into arguments. Judging by your post history, that seems to be your objective aswell.

From,
Chris.

Yup I always look for loopholes in Famine's logic and try to explain it in the most illogical manner possible. I think I used a Plot graph last time.

What happens if you make an ludicrous claim in the ludicrous claim thread? Is that grounds for a whole new thread for pointing out the ludicrous claims in the ludicrous claims thread? would that be then called the absurd claims thread?

yo.jpg

Back