Ooh Barracuda - The End of 'Christine' R.I.P

• Thread starter Barracuda
  • 386 comments
Personally I'd prefer the 66-67 Charger to the rest of them. The lines are absolutely gorgeous.

Just a bit of an update, though I've said it in another thread, I changed the gasket again as well as the speedometer cable o-ring. It's still leaking, but I think it's leaking slow enough to just maintain it with a quart every now and then. I'm also selling my car audio stuff because I can't use it in the Barracuda, and I need the money to pay for a new windshield.

mycudasmall58yz0.jpg

At the cost of $275 which we really don't have. My dad and I kick ourselves now because the guy asked what we wanted to have listed as the sale price, and we just had him put it at $3,000.

You can guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. The only issue is that the windshield has gotten worse making the visibility limited. I've also gotten used to driving the Windstar so I'll have to get used to the much harder gas and brake pedal, but no big deal.

I tried to get a vanity antique plate, but they apparently removed that ability last year. I'd still rather have an antique then a regular plate though, and at no extra cost why not.

It could have been better, but I just wanted to make a quick video now that I can legally drive it. It's hard to tell if the steering wheel is straight until you get going which is why I drove up a bit once I put it in drive. Even then, as you can see, it wasn't straight so I had to swerve a bit, and I also lifted off earlier then I wanted to. Also sorry about the camera re-adjusting, It was pretty bright out.

There will be more and better videos to come, but for now, enjoy.

I also was driving around today and accidentally parked a bit weird. When I looked back it turned out to be a great picture angle so I took this shot with my cell phone. I'm surprised how well it came out.

[Click for 1600x1200]

Last edited:
I sure hope that wasn't WOT because if it was, I will destroy you in our little drag race we have planned. :mischievous:

Seriously though, good to see it out on the road. 👍

I sure hope that wasn't WOT because if it was, I will destroy you in our little drag race we have planned. :mischievous:

Seriously though, good to see it out on the road. 👍

I think he had the brake on a little since he said he lifted off to early so that's probably why. You should have brake stood it. :P

What is a Barracuda? If it's a bug-eye muscle car I don't want to know

My car is a Barracuda, and yes it's a muscle car, or at least the 67-74s were. If you don't want to know, then why did you even post in my thread.

Unfortunately that was wide open. In my car's defense the engine is not running as good as it can, and is not the performance version. I need to work on the timing, etc.

My car is a Barracuda, and yes it's a muscle car, or at least the 67-74s were. If you don't want to know, then why did you even post in my thread.

Unfortunately that was wide open. In my car's defense the engine is not running as good as it can, and is not the performance version. I need to work on the timing, etc.

Well I hope you that works out for you because even cars I don't like still has a soul

It's all good. I'll have my moms point & shoot Fuji camera to take a few videos of my car in a couple of weeks. We can have a little visual comparison then. :D

After posting in the "What tires are on your ride?" thread today it got me wondering about changing the size of my tires. Right now I have P195/75R14, which is actually quite embarrassing in my opinion. I wouldn't mind leaving the front ones how they are, but the back could definately use a wider tire. My question is, how wide of a tire do you think I could get (nothing too crazy mind you), and would they be able to fit on the rims that I have now.

Speaking of rims you've also seen how my rims are pitting. I was thinking that I could either buy brand new rims (which could be costly), or just get them blasted and powder coated. I had talked about painting my rims red, so I'm wondering what your opinion would be if I got my rims powder coated red (with baby moons of course).

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also checked with the insurance company and they won't cover my windshield. He said I could file a claim, but it would most likely be rejected because the windshield was like that when I bought it.

Red wheels with moons would look cool with your body color. Do you know what the width of your current rims are?

Unfortunately I don't know the width of my rim. I've seen the same rims somewhere around the internet so i'll see if I can found out.

I think you should stick with those tires for a while until it can actually spin those somewhat. I think even my Civic would destroy that in a drag.

I think you should stick with those tires for a while until it can actually spin those somewhat. I think even my Civic would destroy that in a drag.

I would still like to get my rims powder coated (depending on what the price is), but that does sound like a good idea. I do plan to definately get a four barrel as soon as possible, hopefully that will help out a good bit.

As for the wider tires i'm really only wondering for an in the future kind of thing. So many plans, but too little money :lol:

So many plans, but too little money :lol:
I know that feeling too well, but wait until you finally fix all the little broken things with the car, so much weight get's lifted from your shoulders when you finally realize that you car runs and functions correctly, and you can finally start to improve it.

I'd vote for a set of radial red-line tires with a set of knock-off wheels. They tend to look good on older cars, no matter who made them.

The tires that are on it now have a small white stripe on the inside so I was thinking of just putting them on with the white stripe facing out if I get my rims powder coated. I think it could make the red rims look even better.

I know it's a double post but I have an interesting story to tell.

My dad was driving my car today and ended up going to the store. At the store somebody started talking to him about the car and was really interested in it. After showing the guy around my car he ended up offering my dad $10,000 on the spot for it :eek:

Of course my dad refused because he knows how strongly I feel about the car, but it's just amazing that someone would offer so much for it.

Last edited:
Because I'm short on cash and still want to work on my car I've decided to try and fix the radio. So earlier today I got under my dash and eventually got the radio out. The first thing I noticed was that I could see straight through the slits in the middle of my dash, which I'm assuming is where a speaker should be. When disconnecting the radio I also saw that the green and black wires had been cut. With this I'm assuming that the old speaker broke and the previous owner just cut and chucked it, which also explains why the red and orange wires were disconnected when I originally bought it.

radiohi7.jpg

It's obviously only an AM but I gives me something to do and my dad likes listening to Glenn Beck an them which would give him something to do when he waits for me every day. Eventually I'm thinking about creating a custom box to fit where the center console should be and putting speakers along with a way to hook my ipod up to it.

Now the story is short but it was an interesting experience to say the least. As I walked to my car it started to rain hard but let up as I got in my car. I get on the main road and am doing about 50 when a light turns yellow and I have to stop. I brake like usual, which in a situation like this is already sketchy in the dry, but when I get to the last 50ft or so my brakes lock up and I slide right up to the white line (thank god). As if this wasn't enough the light turns green and when I start going (which I actually started off slower then usual) my right tire gets traction but my left starts spinning making the ricer next to me think I'm trying to race him. All in all not a fun experience, especially when you have a father in the passengers seat who likes to criticize everything you do while driving. :indiff:

if you could find someone that could fix a stock radio without having to send it somewhere out west, it'd be a minor miracle :P

if you could find someone that could fix a stock radio without having to send it somewhere out west, it'd be a minor miracle :P

I don't think it's broken. We got the light to work off a 9 volt and tomorrow, if I have time, I'm going to test the radio off the car battery. All it needs is a speaker (which I found a good test one), and the wiring needs to be checked out in my car (why I'm testing it off the car battery).

I didn't get around to testing it on the car battery but I've made other plans to get some audio. I still reinstalled and tested it yesterday but no luck, it's just there for looks these days.

What i'm going to try to do is build a center console containing two decently loud speakers I pulled out of a gaming chair. It's still in the design process but I've made a few to scale overhead drawings to see what is possible. I'm hoping to see if I can somehow fit another radio, the speakers, and an amp somewhere. Definitely going to take some pondering because right now I don't know how I'm going to fit all of that with the dimensions I need to stick to. Next weekend I'll make a card board cutout to see if it's even worth my time.

test the thing with the speaker to make sure. have an electronics man go over the radio anyway. there are very few vintage stock radios in working order, nowadays.

they make a stereo speaker that fits in a one-hole application.

test the thing with the speaker to make sure. have an electronics man go over the radio anyway. there are very few vintage stock radios in working order, nowadays.

they make a stereo speaker that fits in a one-hole application.

I tried it with a speaker when I reinstalled it. I probably will eventually get it professionally refurbished but that will have to wait for a long time. Plus it's mounted weird and requires breaking your back pulling it out from behind the dash. There's also no place to mount a speaker, at least from what I can see.

As for the story I really should have pulsed my brakes but I didn't think I'd have to. Speaking of brakes next weekend I should also try to check and fix my brakes. It pulls to the right whenever I brake and after a short while they become a lot less responsive.

Back