Do you want to have teams in this championship

• Yes Please

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No Way

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has come up and I am unable to do the test races today. :( We will definitely be doing them next weekend though. :D

In racing series teammates could be your best friend or your worst enemy on the track. They could push you to a victory on Indy or just leave you out there all by yourself. I would make sure you know who you are teaming up with, before you do, because if your teammate wants to win, then they might just have to get you out of the way. A teammate cannot necessairly win you the championship, but they could easily loose it for you. A few words of wisdom from the young college student. :)

It seems I have chased everyone off. :lol:
How does everyone feel about Daytona Superspeedway? Me, greestlightnin, and killerclown did a race there and it provided some good and close racing. Did have to take the power limiter down a bit, but all well. Also, if we add Daytona would you like to see it added on to the schedule or have it take place of one of the Motegi races?

How does everyone feel about Daytona Superspeedway? Me, greestlightnin, and killerclown did a race there and it provided some good and close racing. Did have to take the power limiter down a bit, but all well. Also, if we add Daytona would you like to see it added on to the schedule or have it take place of one of the Motegi races?

If added to the schedule, it would guarantee that I can make 3 races, so I'm all for it

If I did add it to the schedule it would be the new 2nd race, so all the races would just be bumped down one except for the first one.

:lol:
Yes, we're now all contemplating our teammates... wondering... 💡

JUST KIDDING

The Swede came back for me in the Cubes race. :D
That's all I need to know. :)

Though I did read that post yesterday... but hesitated to post because your post was thoughtful and articulate. I'm not sure there needs to be more said. But yes, I agree it's true that some our fellow racers in the GT5 universe, may have a greater tendency than others to lose their heads at the worst times!
Hopefully nobody in this series would fall into the category of "way too easily loses head". But if they do, it'll be obvious quickly and their teammate would have a stern word or 2 I think, because most of the people signed up here are not known for shyness!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm cool w/ Daytona. Added preferably, but either way is fine.
I like Daytona.

I know my teammates are great racers and will stick with me. Bowtie and I have raced for the championship twice in his IROC series and it has come down to the last race between the both of us. We always raced each other cleanly, even though we were battling for the championship. Bowtie is one of those guys I know I can trust 100%.
Then there is my good buddy greestlightnin. He did something that surprised me and would not be excepted in most race series. I'm not going to say what happened, but it cost me the win. I have never forgotten about that and may not ever, but since that incident nothing else has happened, through our 100 something races since then. Its not that I don't trust him on track, but its because of the fact that it did happen. There will always be that little bit of uncertainty, but since then I have grown to really appreciate him as a driver and a good friend.

Last edited:
Didn't know anyone else then watermelon but we played the team game to great effect in the cubes so why wouldn't i trust her. :) The question is probably more if she should trust me.. I am a swede after all.. "pretending to be neutral since forever"

Who is going to be able/planning on running in the test races on Friday night and Saturday afternoon?

Miata_1 might be able to make the Friday night practice. I HOPE to make the 5pm Saturday practice.

I, for one, just IMO, am cool with pushing off the season start a couple of weeks since I think the change of seasons will favourably impact race series attendance. :)
Yesterday early morning when I was seeing Miata_1 off to work, we saw a flock of geese. :scared: My impatiens are gone, my supertunias are done :( , tomatoes are waning, and I'm collecting seeds from zinnias & cosmos at this point, & waiting for the last fall crop of peas to come about, hoping the vines produce before the 1st hard frost. :nervous:
I think outdoor sports, picnics, yard work, gardening, summer parties & visiting, are just a few weeks to go. *sigh* So indoor activities will again pick up.

So long as I don't have to work I will probably make both races...

I probably won't, my parents are coming to visit this weekend.
Well darn, you are going to miss out on some good testing, hopefully your teammate will come and be able to share some info with you.
I'll be able to.
Good. :)
Will that just be the Saturday evening time?
What time and what track Friday. What is the expected opening date for the season?
It will be the normal race time at 10pm eastern. I am actually hoping to do a mixture of tracks actually. Most likely Motegi and Bristol or Martinsville. I am planning the start date for the September 28/29 or October 5/6.
Miata_1 might be able to make the Friday night practice. I HOPE to make the 5pm Saturday practice.

I, for one, just IMO, am cool with pushing off the season start a couple of weeks since I think the change of seasons will favourably impact race series attendance. :)
Yesterday early morning when I was seeing Miata_1 off to work, we saw a flock of geese. :scared: My impatiens are gone, my supertunias are done :( , tomatoes are waning, and I'm collecting seeds from zinnias & cosmos at this point, & waiting for the last fall crop of peas to come about, hoping the vines produce before the 1st hard frost. :nervous:
I think outdoor sports, picnics, yard work, gardening, summer parties & visiting, are just a few weeks to go. *sigh* So indoor activities will again pick up.
I hope to see you both at the practices. 👍
Yes, autumn is almost here and everyone is flocking indoors to get away from the cold...Well not yet, but were getting there. I do have a feeling quite a few are going to be coming back online very soon. I wonder if CC570 would race in this series?
I'm going to try to make the Friday night race
Good to hear. It will be nice to have my teammate around.

Maybe any time you might need me in the afternoon/evening.
Alright sounds good. Do you think you could run in the 2pm Saturday series also?

Update:
Daytona Super Speedway is now on the schedule. The cars will be dutuned to 450PP for Daytona.

Ok, I'll race in both series then?
You are correct, you could also race in the friday night series if you are able to. I will get you signed up for the Saturday 2pm series.

Edit: I just remembered we have the same number. Uh Oh. :lol:

Sorry guys about missing last night. Just been a long week at work, was asleep on the couch well before 9.

Me and killer did an endurance race at 75 laps last night on Bristol and I only have one thing to say about tire wear. :eek::eek:
Might need to practice my tire conservation after that.

Also, heading to my lounge for practice feel free to join if able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back