Players got a early copy for GT7?

• Thread starter The Cake
  • 239 comments
anyone in the UK getting it early?
I ordered the physical game via BASE.COM this time, was a decent price. Mine hasn't been shipped yet, but I didn't expect it too. If Sony's servers are allowing game downloads/patches now, it could be to help take the strain off the servers.

If it lands more than 2 days early, I'll post in here. But as long as it arrives for release day I'm not too fussed, as we won't be able to run the full game regardless before the 4th.

Way back when I used to work in a retail record store in the 90s, we were told that the store could get in big trouble if we sold a title before it's release date (we would always receive the title at least a day early, sometimes earlier.) I wonder if Playstation is going to take some sort of action against Amazon or if Amazon is too huge of a distributor for them to worry about upsetting.

Way back when I used to work in a retail record store in the 90s, we were told that the store could get in big trouble if we sold a title before it's release date (we would always receive the title at least a day early, sometimes earlier.) I wonder if Playstation is going to take some sort of action against Amazon or if Amazon is too huge of a distributor for them to worry about upsetting.
Maybe Amazon had to ship them out because the warehouse was overrun with copies.

I remember getting my gta 5 copy one day early at a local store and feeling like a bandit 😂 funny how this is slowly dying with streaming games and digital on the rise

I remember getting my gta 5 copy one day early at a local store and feeling like a bandit 😂 funny how this is slowly dying with streaming games and digital on the rise
🤣🤣 I was friendly with the guys at Game (may have been Eelctronics Boutique back then) and had the likes of MGS2 and FF10 all a couple of days earlier, I was the envy of the whole school lol

I preordered mine anniversary edition directly after availability on 21. of septembre on Amazon Germany. Until now, nothing pre-shipped 😐

Good Day, will we be able to steer using the gyro feature of the PS5 dualsense gamepad? (tilting it side to side) or will we need to use the thumbsticks for the steering?

Last edited:
Please don't ruin the surprise for the rest of us. (Guess I'll have to stay away from social media for the rest of the week)🤫
I agree. I’ve been handing out a few poo-likes because I dislike it being ruined pre-launch.
If someone poss the intro and I accidentally clock it I’ll be mad.

Good Day, will we be able to steer using the gyro feature of the PS5 dualsense gamepad? (tilting it side to side) or will we need to use the thumbsticks for the steering?
Think so. You’ll find out eventually.

Last edited:
Could you let us know how the PS4 voucher from the anniversary edition works? Just wondering if I could give it to a friend or if it's somehow linked to the PS5 copy or bonus content.
Another question is: can this PS4 version be upgraded later to PS5. Somebody said that not ((

Why would they make the Digital version locked until friday and the disc version playable in advance? what a joke seeing people playing now and gloating to the rest of us pffft.. avoiding these threads now! Talk about rubbing your face in it 👎

Yeah I spat my dummy out! so what :P

Why would they make the Digital version locked until friday and the disc version playable in advance? what a joke seeing people playing now and gloating to the rest of us pffft.. avoiding these threads now! Talk about rubbing your face in it 👎
Logistics issues... or so Square Enix said when FF7R shipped early to customers back then before the game unlocked for digital. I don't know the details. Someone might explain it better.

Another question is: can this PS4 version be upgraded later to PS5. Somebody said that not ((
If I remember right, the digital edition contains both the PS4 and PS5 version. If you buy a physical PS4, I believe you'll have to pay $10 for a PS5 upgrade.

If you don't want to get spoiled with info why would you read a thread where people got their copies early?
Why indeed. I do understand why some people don't want news ahead of receiving the game. Personally, I'm looking forward to someone showing how the career mode works. If that's an early leak or a review I don't mind. It'll inform my decision to buy the game or not.

It's maybe more a case of keeping the leaks to specific threads, like this one and the news thread. People can then read or avoid those threads at their leisure. They'd have to avoid the news page too if they wanted to avoid information, but that's easy enough.

Last edited:
I agree. I’ve been handing out a few poo-likes because I dislike it being ruined pre-launch.
If someone poss the intro and I accidentally clock it I’ll be mad.

If you don't want to see footage of a game, don't go on a discussion forum about the game.

The game has been launched. Accidentally, but it has. The game has been sent out to regular consumers who have paid for it and now get to rightfully play the game and release recorded footage of it. If you accidentally "clock" that footage, in a place where that footage belongs, that's entirely on you.

Yes, it sucks that some people got the game a week earlier than announced. I'm also jealous. Too bad. I got GT6 three days early, this time around I have an exam the Monday after GT7 releases and won't really be able to play it until then. Maybe you'll get lucky with a different release 🤷‍♂️

Why indeed. I do understand why some people don't want news ahead of receiving the game. Personally, I'm looking forward to someone showing how the career mode works. If that's an early leak or a review I don't mind. It'll inform my decision to buy the game or not.

It's maybe more a case of keeping the leaks to specific threads, like this one and the news thread. People can then read or avoid those threads at their leisure. They'd have to avoid the news page too if they wanted to avoid information, but that's easy enough.
A player on reddit touches on the career mode, you can jump over there and take a look.

Back