Players got a early copy for GT7?

• Thread starter The Cake
  • 239 comments
Ooh, well. We got the car list out the way and a few other things as far as dynamic weather, how progression unlocks and rewards.

There is legit footage out there. But its all getting taken down.

The leak / early release is out of PDs hands. It's a retailer **** up. From what I've seen, every early copy so far, has been Amazon US.

"Officially, Gran Turismo 7 is due to launch on Friday, March 4, with digital edition buyers currently able to “pre-load” — download all of the game data ahead of schedule — before the game unlocks at 0001 UTC on March 4"

Yep started my download of the 25th edition

Last edited:
Someone at Amazon is getting fired, but whoever it is will always be appreciated by many.
Are you seriously saying that you're happy if someone gets fired (which won't happen, luckily) because someone else got your precious VIDEOGAME a few days before you? I hope you're not any older than 13 or I d be really worried for your mental health. People with no job can't feed themselves or their family, do you think that someone should wish a fate like that upon someone else just because they've got their game "spoiled" ? (then again, I find the concept of spoiling a RACING game utterly fascinating but that's besides the point).

Are you seriously saying that you're happy if someone gets fired (which won't happen, luckily) because someone else got your precious VIDEOGAME a few days before you? I hope you're not any older than 13 or I d be really worried for your mental health. People with no job can't feed themselves or their family, do you think that someone should wish a fate like that upon someone else just because they've got their game "spoiled" ? (then again, I find the concept of spoiling a RACING game utterly fascinating but that's besides the point).
I never said I was happy about the person getting fired, I'm happy about the game shipped already to some, thus information about it arriving earlier than expected.

I couldn't see this covered in the thread - has the "day one patch" also dropped for those with early access or is the footage pre-patch?

I couldn't see this covered in the thread - has the "day one patch" also dropped for those with early access or is the footage pre-patch?
Considering the servers are probably offline, I don't think we will see it before the 4 March (if there is one)

Last edited:
Notes: Many of early gameplay footage on YT are now taken down, with MUSO TNT LTD being the listed claimant. MUSO TNT LTD was previously involved in takedowns for early footage concerning story-heavy, first-party Sony games such as TLOU2 and Spider-Man.
Maybe I'm spoiled because all of my content is on a censorship resistant platform, but I don't see how that company has the power to take down content not under NDAs just because they contain spoilers. I don't know if the blame should go to MUSO, or Sony for allowing MUSO to do this.

Anyway, something I'm anticipating is seeing the cockpit view with jelly cars. The amount of shaking will probably be glitchy to say the least.

These takedown censoris a shame for PD / Sony

They are acting illegal.

Mandatory Only activation on 4th would have solved this problem.

So please upload your gameplay-videos to censor resistent platforms.

Last edited:
These takedown censoris a shame for PD / Sony

They are acting illegal.
How do you figure that one?

Whether the T&Cs allow for end-user content broadcast ahead of official launch date or not (and it's unlikely that there is a specific date exclusion within the T&Cs), SIE is perfectly entitled to ask streaming services and video hosts to remove material it feels breaches copyright... and the services and hosts are perfectly entitled to agree to remove it or not.

There's nothing illegal in any of this. You can approve or disapprove if you like, but nobody's broken any laws.

So what is the reason to take it down? I dont understand it.
SIE is perfectly entitled to ask streaming services and video hosts to remove material it feels breaches copyright... and the services and hosts are perfectly entitled to agree to remove it or not.
It doesn't need to be something that breaks the law. The copyright holder can ask on any basis at all, and it's up to the host to decide whether it's a valid request or not by it's own T&Cs. The law doesn't come into it.

Pretty possible we will see gameplay footage very soon from guys like Super GT or Jimmy Broadbent and picked american Youtubers/Streamers and other invited by PD/Sony. So PD/Sony doesn't want to have the average Joe showing it before.

But this is still no reason to take down gameplay of legit delivererd copies!
You're still missing a step here.

Sony can request that hosts remove material it feels breaches its copyright, for any reason. The second step you're missing is that the hosts can agree to that request or not. If the hosts are agreeing to the requests, then clearly they think the request is valid.

SIE can't unilaterally remove material. Only the sites that host the material can remove it.

I'll be camping next to my mailbox eagerly waiting for my 25th Anniversary Edition to arrive from Gamestop. My neighbors will be confused, and thats fine. They'll probably think my wife tossed me out, LOL.

Anyone ever received a pre-order from Gamestop, does it usually arrive the day of release, or do they ship it out the day of release?

@Famine

Ok, but then i will also report Jimmy Broadbent and the other payed reviewers to YouTube because of Copyright-claims.

Sorry, either they take down ALL GAMEPLAY videos or none. It cann ot be right like that. But this is only my opinion.

When i purchased my game legally, i can stream it however i want.

Last edited:
Ok, but then i will also report Jimmy Broadbent and the other payed reviewers to YouTube because of Copyright-claims.
Kay. So what?

People who have review copies have agreed to the embargo and will be releasing whatever they're allowed to release when the embargo ends. The hosting services won't take action against these people, whatever weird tantrum you have about it.

Sorry, either they take down ALL GAMEPLAY videos or none.
It's... not up to you. It's up to the hosting services. What is it about this you're not getting?
Not really. You get to do what you want within the bounds of the terms of service of the platform you choose to use.

What does "payed reviewers" mean?

@Famine

Sorry, either they take down ALL GAMEPLAY videos or none. It cann ot be right like that. But this is only my opinion.

But Jimmy has not put up GT7 content.

It's pretty standard stuff for publishers to remove leaked footage before release date, even from legit copies that have been delivered early.

Last edited:
Back