Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Saw this guy today, very wierd

100_1026.jpg

Last edited:
By the way is there a list of all the spaces available at this time?
If not I'm happy to make one for those interested.

Yep, seen one of those too, and people with clothes you cannot pick (yet).
There are several outfits you can win by finishing or reaching a specific score in the different arcade games. I'm not sure there is any award for winning a certain number of bowling and pool games, or dart, chess, and checker matches... but you can definitely win new outfits by playing the arcade games.

The outfits are generally easy to identify based on the game they played. For instance, the shirt you win for playing Ice Breaker even says Ice Breaker on it. And the outfit Scoopy posted:

Saw this guy today, very wierd

100_1026.jpg

Is a replica of the character you play in Echochrome, thus was won by playing the arcade version of echochrome in Home. 👍

This "HOME" business is such a tease. I can see a lot of promise, but at the moment it's very lackluster. Not much to do other than playing pool/bowling. As someone else said, the clothing/furniture shops are going to make Sony a bundle. I'll probably spend a fair amount trying to psuedo pimp my pad/character.

;)

There are several outfits you can win by finishing or reaching a specific score in the different arcade games. I'm not sure there is any award for winning a certain number of bowling and pool games, or dart, chess, and checker matches... but you can definitely win new outfits by playing the arcade games.

The outfits are generally easy to identify based on the game they played. For instance, the shirt you win for playing Ice Breaker even says Ice Breaker on it. And the outfit Scoopy posted:

Is a replica of the character you play in Echochrome, thus was won by playing the arcade version of echochrome in Home. 👍

Unlocked the Echochrome outfit and ice breaker hat

many thanks Scooby:D

Last edited:
So how do you give feedback for Home Beta? The only thing I found was the report users for bad behavior thing, and you do that by pressing the select button.

I also tried looking for the feedback website, and found it here:

https://secureus.playstation.com/PSN/SignIn?src=account&url=http://www.us.playstation.com/Beta/Home

I'll log in with my ID, but then it says:

You are not participating in any beta program.

Don't worry--there will be other beta tests coming soon. Be sure to apply!

Thanks again,

The PlayStation Underground

Maybe the invite was meant for one of my other accounts? I dunno.

I think what's happening is the 'closed beta' is actually now the open beta being rolled out ridiculously slowly via emails to avoid server overload, so you don't count as a proper closed tester.

Which is really annoying, as a whole lot of codes are now being sold on ebay/going to people who won't use them.

/jealous.

Or if you prefer it in English, log in to a Hong Kong account... they both have the same Game Space which include four games of darts located near the pool tables.

Last edited:
i'm sure all additional content will cost extra
I'm sure there will be a lot of clothes that will be for sale, but I can see exceptions as well. As previously discussed, there are already free additional clothes from playing the arcade games. I can definitely see how game developers and Sony may easily give away clothes in the same way they give out trophies... maybe some clothes will be tied to a trophy.

I can also see companies working out a deal with Sony to provide free clothes that have their logo on them.

The possibilities are quite immense; however, I'm still not convinced Sony is ever going to turn a profit from Home. I've heard estimates in the $25 million dollar range as to how much Sony has already spent developing Home. :eek:

And that doesn't count the hardware costs in terms of servers, nor the marketing costs, nor the upkeep. Sony is going to have to get a lot of sponsorship deals done and sell a lot of "stuff" (clothes, accesories, virtual real estate, etc), otherwise I can see Home becoming a monthly fee service... the numbers just don't add up... not that I'm complaining, I'm just not convinced Sony can make enough from Home to keep it a free service - but I'll be pleased as punch if they can. 👍

Last edited:
I can confirm you need 5,000 points (level 5) to earn the Ice Breaker beanie cap. Not sure about the shirt of the pants, since I haven't earned them yet.

Hong Kong = Darts = Awesome info! No checkers or darts in the US version, which sucks, 'cause I love both games!

I bowled a 234 in a game and in practice scored a 267. No 300, but I'm still working on it.

Hong Kong = Darts = Awesome info! No checkers or darts in the US version, which sucks, 'cause I love both games!
I also like how they offer different variations of popular dart games as well. 👍

As far as chess, there are games available in the US and EU versions of Home. They are located on the second floor of the Mall, at the top of the spiral stairs to the right, overlooking the center of the Mall. There you will find three chess tables... but no checkers. There is also another video screen nearby.

I bowled a 234 in a game and in practice scored a 267. No 300, but I'm still working on it.
👍

I think what's happening is the 'closed beta' is actually now the open beta being rolled out ridiculously slowly via emails to avoid server overload, so you don't count as a proper closed tester.

I agree:tup:

Also are codes transferable can they be gifted?

Well I was given a code, 👍 Got it downloaded and installed with no problem, trying to do the tiny 26mb update however is a different story. Got to 83% once, then failed, 14% another time, failed. Now it just sits @ 0% for ages, then I keep getting error messages, 80710723 and 80710092. :banghead:

Edit, Now @ 1%. :crazy:

Stupid question but how do you get HOME?

I have never thought of this for some reason :lol:
Plus I havent really looked into HOME in detail yet :indiff:

I didn't get any e-mails from ANYONE yesterday, nor today. It's really weird because I usually get tons of e-mails. :grumpy:
I guess companies are taking the weekend off.. :D

Back