Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
When ever I fire Home up I get a message saying 'chat disabled'. I don't have a mic or keyboard, just the pad. Do you need additional gadgets to work this or am I restricted to waving and psn messaging?:dunce:

When ever I fire Home up I get a message saying 'chat disabled'. I don't have a mic or keyboard, just the pad. Do you need additional gadgets to work this or am I restricted to waving and psn messaging?:dunce:

This might help:

• Press and Hold R2 for voice chat (must have a PS Eye, or headset set for audio input)
  • Press Triangle for custom chat (either with the InteliText OSD keyboard, or with a PS BT Keypad, or any USB keyboard, wireless as well)
  • Press L1 for a selection of preset text messages.
  • Press R1 for a wide selection of preset action options.
Now you have all sorts of ways to convey your message to those in Home. 👍

You do not need a keyboard to type messages. Without any kind of headset or mic, the only option that is not available to you is the first one, but all the others are.

So I hear these codes had expiry dates of 12/01/08 on a couple of forums. Does that mean that Sony is done releasing beta codes?

I think that was for some of them, it is 2nd of december here so they are still going I think.

I think the expirey date on Home beta codes was to make the ebay mupets lives a little harder, which is a nice touch if that's the case.

Hey, could someone INVITE me in to the Home club of GTP? thanks..

my PSN is NoxNoctisUmbra

Thanks for the bowling last night Mars, Scooby and Hyperuk.

Maybe we should arrange a GTP bowling night soon 👍

Nox I think you need to have admin privilages to invite. I just tried but found no option to invite. Or Maybe it's because you ar not on my GTP friends list. I know your on my PSN ID not tried there yet give me 5 mins and I'll have a go 👍

EDIT:

:dunce: Hows that going to work I'm not a member with my PSN ID.
How about your GTP tag ?

Had a quick look around, watched the 'Watchmen' trailer, decorated my 'pad', put a table and chairs on the balcony (well you need to sit down when taking in the view) and even had a chance to play a little Ecochrome. Which lead me to win a bit of clothing (which I have no intention of wearing).

Very, very impressed with what I have seen so far.

I hope to get a chance to play some more of the games tonight and have a good wander around.

I'm also thinking of setting up a 'club' for the GTP mod staff, that way we can get together and plot the downfall of members chat.

Regards

Scaff

Nox Having actually read the instructions on "How to invite Friends". It is a case of needing admin controls to invite. maybe you should PM SweetshopUnion

Thanks for the bowling last night Mars, Scooby and Hyperuk.

Maybe we should arrange a GTP bowling night soon 👍
Hurm....

I wish they would get that HVB EU update out for online. It appears that Europeans prefer bowling more than Americans.

H20hybrid is the most critical (and sometimes the most cynical) GTP member I know......if it aint perfect H20 will tell you......if it's 0.001% not perfect H20 will still tell you! I've just fell off my chair reading your post matey! Home has to be prety special guys, it comes with the official H20 stamp of gaming goodness!

Hehe, I'm not sure if if being ironical sometimes is same as being cynical, but I take being critical as a compliment for sure! Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell of that chair. :sly:
And yess, well put, sir. 👍

:( I haven't had an email invite. I have been checking my varoius email addresses for days and nothing :grumpy:.

I think I have found the reason why I would have never got an email invite anyway. When you set up a PSN account there is a section, I think it is at the end of the account process where you tick two boxes to confirm if you would like to receive promotional information from Sony and affiliated companies. Well I didn't tick the two boxes to agree, might I add that I did this on all my PSN accounts :dunce:. The reason being I didn't want a load of junk emails......kinda back fired I guess :lol:.

I'm not saying that this is the reason why I haven't had an email invite, it could be that I'm not on the list at Sony to receive an email but I guess ticking those two promotional boxes would be a big plus.

So since finding this discovery I have ticked those boxes on all my accounts but it is probably to late now :dopey: .

put a table and chairs on the balcony (well you need to sit down when taking in the view)

I've placed the footrest out on that corner there and then a chair on top to try and fall off onto the boardwalk, but no luck yet. :lol:

:( I haven't had an email invite. I have been checking my varoius email addresses for days and nothing :grumpy:.

I think I have found the reason why I would have never got an email invite anyway. When you set up a PSN account there is a section, I think it is at the end of the account process where you tick two boxes to confirm if you would like to receive promotional information from Sony and affiliated companies. Well I didn't tick the two boxes to agree, might I add that I did this on all my PSN accounts :dunce:. The reason being I didn't want a load of junk emails......kinda back fired I guess :lol:.

I'm not saying that this is the reason why I haven't had an email invite, it could be that I'm not on the list at Sony to receive an email but I guess ticking those two promotional boxes would be a big plus.

So since finding this discovery I have ticked those boxes on all my accounts but it is probably to late now :dopey: .

I think ive done what you did, unticked all the boxes thinking I was going to just get junk up to the eyeballs and maybe thats why I didnt get a code... :ouch: Oh well will tick them back but its too late.. will have to wait till the open beta which can't be too far away.

Robin

This might help:

You do not need a keyboard to type messages. Without any kind of headset or mic, the only option that is not available to you is the first one, but all the others are.

Thanks Digi, I probably won't use it but it's good to know anyway :lol:

Home is pretty nice. However a friend of mine with a Japanese account invited me to his apartment and it was way better, It had all sorts of different furniture and arcade games. I tried logging in on my Japanese account and I just couldn't get passed the language barrier. Maybe one of you figure it out.

Home is pretty nice. However a friend of mine with a Japanese account invited me to his apartment and it was way better, It had all sorts of different furniture and arcade games. I tried logging in on my Japanese account and I just couldn't get passed the language barrier. Maybe one of you figure it out.

As I mentioned before, the Hong Kong (which is available in English) and Japanese Home versions are identical with the exception of the TGS 2008 Space, which is only available in the Japanese version of home.

My favoritte thing about the HK & JP versions of home, besides the NAMCO classic arcade room and the Darts games, is the central plaza setting. If you walk under the Game Space building, there is a huge boardwalk area that has a great view of a virtual Bay... much like Hong Kong.

If you walk under the Game Space building, there is a huge boardwalk area that has a great view of a virtual Bay... much like Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has a virtual bay? And I thought Louisville was fancy with their Mohammed Ali and Louisville Slugger Museums.
:sly:

You can request to join, thats how everyone else has got in but i'll have to accept you, which I will.

Request to join the CLUB or your PSN? I was in HOME earlier today.. But will be on after night school. I hope I see the CLUB soon lol.

Request to join the CLUB or your PSN? I was in HOME earlier today.. But will be on after night school. I hope I see the CLUB soon lol.
When you are in Home, go to "My Clubs", and then use the search option and put in the name of the club you are looking for. I believe there are three GTP clubs.
  • GT Planet
  • GTPlanet
  • GTP_UK
But I have not checked recently.

Then just use the option to join, and wait for the admin's approval.

The other way is for the admin to send you an invite through Home.

Back