Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
I think the OP failed to read the "agreement" he made with sony.
You mean Scaff's informative post regarding Home made long before he made any kind of agreement regarding the beta?

Hmm, lots of perverts in Home....

Amen, to that. I hate those guys. I always tell them to get lost. If they don't, I report them.

Just to see how long it took me to get harassed, I did the same as the guy in the video. I didn't get half way to the quad when some creep starting harassing me with his headset. I reported him, told him so and switched to a guy. He wasn't happy.

Whenever you see these guys, report them. Sony will need to do something soon.

Amen, to that. I hate those guys. I always tell them to get lost. If they don't, I report them.

Just to see how long it took me to get harassed, I did the same as the guy in the video. I didn't get half way to the quad when some creep starting harassing me with his headset. I reported him, told him so and switched to a guy. He wasn't happy.

Whenever you see these guys, report them. Sony will need to do something soon.

Will do. That is when I get home of course haha.

Red Bull to be first company to charge into Home

The first third-party partner for Home, Sony's upcoming social networking platform, has been revealed. Revolution is reporting that Red Bull will have its own Home space, dedicated to the real-life Red Bull Air Race. The space will include "an aeroplane racing game based on Red Bull's real world Red Bull Air Race series."

The brand marketing manager for Red Bull UK, John Beasley, says "the game gave us the first opportunity to recreate in the gaming world what we try to do in the real world, which is to facilitate interaction, to give people stories, memories, experiences and a really good opportunity to interact with the brand." Calling Home an "easy environment for brands to take that first step into gaming." No doubt that means we'll be seeing a lot more non-gaming brands coming to Home in the future.

If you want to know more about some of Home's upcoming content be sure to check back with us later in the month.

Whats the first song in that vid? Also, home looks great, im waiting for the OPEN beta.

You mean the one that, as FoolKiller said, I made long before I joined the Beta and that consists entirely of information that Sony themselves have put out into the public domain.

Not a single thing I have posted breaks the NDA and as an Sony Beta tester (a full tester not just a public invite to the Home closed one) I have always strictly upheld the NDA's, even when I get soooooo frustrated with not being able to (Killzone 2 being a good example - I've been playing that for months - but I can't talk out it).

I think that its you that have 'failed' to actually read what has been posted before commenting.

Scaff

Last edited:
WOOHOO!!! I finally got in last night.

We decorated the Christmas tree so I only got on for a few minutes. I downloaded all the other areas and set out exploring.

So do the Echochrome and Ice Breaker games have to download to your system? I notice they had little progress bars when I tried to play them, but the train cars game was immediate.

Anyway, I need to figure out how to play the train cars game. I only got past the first level.

And as far as clothing options go: the layered long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans look is basically what I wear when I am not at work.

What limited time I spent looks nice. I was just trying to explore. Although at one point I was attempting to watch the Far Cry 2 trailer and some guy came up and started talking to me, but I wasn't paying attention, so I think he waved like three times before I noticed.

In all honesty, I am not one to just start talking to strangers online often, so I doubt the social aspect will be used much by me outside of talking to people I already know.

I'll put more time into it later this week so that I can really check it out. I am pleased with how smoothly it runs. After my LBP experience I was worried that my connection was a major issue. But Home is working just fine and the LBP devs mentioned server stability is still an issue.

EDIT: I hope the full version allows us to decorate our personal space with some holiday themed items.

Hmm, lots of perverts in Home....
I was honestly stunned by how stupid some people are. Assuming someone actually ís a female because they have an avatar (a computer-generated puppet) which looks like a female! :lol: The whole thing is basically an RPG, you can be whoever you want to be. :)

I have several avatars, including a nice-looking girl and a fat, bald dude with no shoes. I pick whichever one suits my mood best.

My avatar is a lean, tall, handsome chap with trendy clothes and a designer haircut.

Realistic much? :P

I do, however, have a pair of red shades just like the ones available in the wardrobe...

I was honestly stunned by how stupid some people are. Assuming someone actually ís a female because they have an avatar (a computer-generated puppet) which looks like a female! :lol: The whole thing is basically an RPG, you can be whoever you want to be. :)

I have several avatars, including a nice-looking girl and a fat, bald dude with no shoes. I pick whichever one suits my mood best.

Two fun things to do in home are bowl, and walk around like a girl, wait for a perv to start harassing you, and switch back to a guy. The later can be a lot of fun! :lol:

Problem is, if you can file a report on them, they can turn around and file a report on you for revenge. It's best to meet a perv, go to your studio, and report them from there. That way they wont be wise to what you're doing.

Some have suggested Home needs on duty police officers or security guards. I'm all for it, after what I've seen and heard from the idiots. If money will come in to play in Home, for new items and downloads, then why not select a few honest people to 'work' as security for one hour, so they can earn Home 'money' (credits) which then can be used to purchase Home items?

Aren't we supposed to not to talk about home (beta) at all ?
Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure you will ;) ) ...

@ SL : seriously guards n police in home?? quite sad (and narrow minded) opinion imo :/
And I'm the cynic ?? LOL OK

Last edited:
Aren't we supposed to not to talk about home (beta) at all ?
Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure you will ;) ) ...

@ SL : seriously guards n police in home?? quite sad (and narrow minded) opinion imo :/
And I'm the cynic ?? LOL OK

Well judging by that video which was posted (thats all I have to go on still no Home for me) something needs to be done, maybe just Sony's own moderators or something.

Well it’s not as if you where walking incognito there. Remember you’re running Sony’s software on Sony’s hardware (both console and servers), so they must somehow be able to keep track of your “occupations” within Home. They could monitor accounts that are subject to multiple reports and eventually warn and/or ban the “troublemakers”. As each PS3 has unique IP, I’m pretty sure they could have some convincing arguments for calming down the most motivated recidivists.

Whats the first song in that vid? Also, home looks great, im waiting for the OPEN beta.

The first song is The Man Who Can't Be Moved - By The Script

I'm by no means condoning those guys in the video.
But.....Like no one thought this sort of thing would happen.
Along with abuse being hurled by immature people on the looks of your avatar.

Just Ignore them and walk on.

Just Ignore them and walk on.
Or play along, it can be very funny.

There are also people who are just messing around for fun, meaning: not in a bad way. I was bowling with hyperuk when some dude with an avatar of an old, fat, bald lady in a miniskirt gave us both a lapdance. I almost fell off the couch laughing. Freaked him out when I told him 'I love you' though. :lol:

So, with bowling, can you walk up and just play with anyone or how does that work? I noticed every lane is full. Does that matter or is it like the arcade games where you hit X and it launches into it?

You can only join a bowling game when one is finished. At that moment, up to four players can join for 15 seconds after the second one joins the first. Unfortunately, there is no way to see how far a certain game is.

You can only join a bowling game when one is finished. At that moment, up to four players can join for 15 seconds after the second one joins the first. Unfortunately, there is no way to see how far a certain game is.
So, if I counted right there were four or five lanes in the US bowling alley, which means a total max of 16 or 20 people bowling at once in the whole of the US?

I dont think i failed i too i read the agreement before making video and decided that it was worth risking for and looks like it was worth it because it seems to have interested alot of people and this is what i expected.

The topic i posted i admit seens to be a touchy subject but the reasson is stated clearly. Why should females put up with it? im not saying there week and need someone to stand up and speck for them im not people it for a reacting im doing it because i believe its right.

I have had may people agree with what i have stated in the video, the video was just a way to make this different and get it noticed. For the people saying "Report button use it ,or, woman should just make a female avarta" Reporting alone will not help the situation we need to know how the moderation system works so people will be threaten and making a new male avatra why should they have to do that ? that way they are being someone else and themselves the whole reason i made the video is so they can be them selfs and not have to worry about pervs running around home abusing them.

Just to Lernatix this was not aimed at you it was just the first sentence. Its been interesting reading the replys and seeing this video spread over the internet im glad it has and it just proves the importance and how serious people are taking this.

So, if I counted right there were four or five lanes in the US bowling alley, which means a total max of 16 or 20 people bowling at once in the whole of the US?
I guess you join a different server every time you log in... I just played some games at the bowling alley and then logged out... coming back in minutes later and there's a whole different bunch of folks on there. I even recognised some people from the PS forums the first time, but hey presto, they've gone now... I guess when you go to meet a friend, you join whichever server they are on etc.

I guess you join a different server every time you log in... I just played some games at the bowling alley and then logged out... coming back in minutes later and there's a whole different bunch of folks on there. I even recognised some people from the PS forums the first time, but hey presto, they've gone now... I guess when you go to meet a friend, you join whichever server they are on etc.
OK, that's good.

Latest Posts

Back