Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
I apply that rule of thought to all games these days. The bigger and more complex these games get, delays are almost guaranteed with these types of games... and I suspect Home will be delayed for many of the same reasons.
People tend to forget, though, that releasing a game involves more than just writing code. Marketing plays a bit part in when a game gets released, too, so even though the code may be finished, if a marketing hack says "wait", then we wait.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Duċk;2739185
We're just talking about a 2-3GB game (at most, since GTHD with 1 track and 10 cars was 600MB), not something that's 15 GB or something. We have 60GB of space to use, we may as well use it.

And even still, many of the larger sized games like LittleBigPlanet and Socom:C are going to be on an actual disc as well. With GT5P, they should let the people who want to download it do it that way, and let the people who want to buy it in a store do just that.

If your PS3 dies or something, you'll always be able to redownload it once you sign in with your account.

I'm all for downloading prologue and some games via the PSN but I also like a real disc, so I can take it to a friends house or whatever. When is SOCOM: C scheduled for release, I have been waiting for a new SOCOM game for a while, I skipped CA and am having widthdrawal.

I'm not that keen on them having all these games for download. Save the HDD for caching data and storing downloads, etc., not for keeping games on (apart from the PSN "arcade" games.
Agreed... and good news, as it is now official that GT5:P will be available on Blu-ray as well as a download.

Speaking of GT5:P and Home... In an interview with GamePlay Magazine, Kazunori Yamauchi said that they are working on Home features for GT5 & GT5:P. He said that if you are in 'Home' and want to play GT5:P all you have to do is enter the car in your garage and it will automatically start-up GT5:P - although obviously the game would have to be in the drive or on the HDD. Then when you quit the game your Home character exits his vehicle back at his place of residency.

I wonder if it will remember the last car you were using and that's the one that will be in your garage at Home? Probably not, but that would be a nice touch.

I think it would remember which car you last drove because you have to save it, they could probably programme it to read the save to see which car was last used.

Any new info on home? Its been a while

There was a new update that I downloaded that improves the graphics to similar to what they showed at E3, there was also additional customization features to the avatars.

I'm wondering if there is still going to be an open Beta or if it's still going to be released in October.

This original beta that people managed to get into, how did you do it and do you think its till possible to still get into it?... I know its quite soon but it would be nice to try it out...

Robin

PS Home delayed until 2008... Article

As for the Beta trials, don't hold your breath. The 'open' beta that has been widely anticipated looks to be no closer than it was before the launch of arguably the world's least helpful website, www.homebetatrial.com... it has to be said, the official Playstation community forum is no better when it comes to hard information about when (or even if) we can expect an open beta trial.

The problem is people are going to complain no matter what. If they don't offer some kind of release date you know people would be complaining and spreading rumors that it's been killed. :indiff:

Home still doesn't have a set release date, new screen shots of Home Japan have been released like a few weeks ago basically just showing some of the menus.

Its scheduled for some time in the spring, which I guess we are starting to enter so...

I know Echochrome is coming soon (that mind bending stick figure game) which is highly anticipated.

Robin

I agree, usually I wouldn't buy virtual stuff but I might invest in some Home stuff if its any good :)

I never heard or read that all that stuff in Home was going to cost us real money. I thought it was available for free. Where have you read it's going to cost us?

Phil Harrison in many E3 speeches said that users could buy extra items of clothing or pieces of furniture from the playstation store to use in Home.

You can also buy better houses or flats as well as pool tables and games machines. The cinema and some public games will also cost money to use.

Home for all intensive purposes is free, its just people who want to add that extra touch will be able to do so for a price. You will still be able to do most of the stuff in Home for free.

Robin.

Do you have the closed beta version? Will the version with the countdown clock be available to everyone?

Yes I'm in the closed beta.
The countdown clock wasn't in Home it was in the link I gave.

Is there any link for the DL?

There is no link, if your in the closed beta it tells you there is an update when you start Home

You had to be selected as a Home Beta tester by Sony, so, as of right now, there is no way of you getting a beta GT4, it's just an update for the people that have it already, hopefully the open beta will be out soon, and don't count on that site, do a little browsing around other parts of that site tells you it's just a showoff of that guys flash skills.

From,
Chris.

Back