Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Maybe I could play Turbo Lag at chess, to get me playing again, actually playing rubbish people made me overconfident and thats what made me rubbish and not carefull enough.
You really are addicted to Home Paulie, aren't you, I won't be on today, but will see you on there another day. About the downloadable content, I don't expect it to be free, just not so expensive, not that it matters as I need pre-paid PSN cards before I can get any of it.

No I'm actually quite rubbish at it. That's what he meant. Now, back to redecorating my house.

Use my GTP account and did up ma home. Came back and I was between my sofas and glitched under the map lol. Then I went and done this sofa glitch and it was cool and also feel down the map again lol

Time to sofa my other account :)

You really are addicted to Home Paulie, aren't you,

I still did some racing today, and finished off and published my tune for a Ford GT at Daytona 650. I also fixed the gear ratios on my RX-7, to be honest I didn't spend much time on Home at all today.
The main potential I see in Home is to start a club for The Lion's Den to initiate TLD sponsored race events in the full GT5. Home is just a pawn in my quest of ever improving TLD.:lol::mischievous::cheers: I could also use a club to give exclusive previews of what's to come in TLD to the members, as they have useable notce boards in them.

Just having a proper look around the Japanese version of Home... got to say, it's alot more impressive than the EU version! I know that alot of people are extremely miffed about this fact, but hopefully the EU version will get more areas soon. I don't understand the mentality of the folk who are really miffed, however... even creating websites specifically to voice their disgruntlement with the evil empire that is Sony (curse their devious hides!)

All I have to do is learn a bit of Japanese now, and hope that I can remember the menu navigation without needing to read the text...!

Anyone notice the new stuff in the US Home store? A bunch of new clothes and a couple of new furniture items. The clothes are kind of expensive though at $1.99.

Anybody else having this problem? For the past couple days, i have been doing Ice Breaker. And every morning it is gone! Do i have to save it or what?:grumpy:

Every time you log out you lose your prizes. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. At least I hope so. I'm getting tired of playing Pac Man just to get my Namco clothes back...

TB
Every time you log out you lose your prizes. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. At least I hope so. I'm getting tired of playing Pac Man just to get my Namco clothes back...

I have good new for you then... you only have to start the Namco demo in your XMB. Once it starts, just quit. Go back to Home, and voila... you'll get 16 messages saying you have received an item.

It is stil an inconvience, especially having to place them in your personal spaces all over again, but as you say, hopefully they'll fix this issue.

The joys of living in a beta virtual world. ;)

I have good new for you then... you only have to start the Namco demo in your XMB. Once it starts, just quit. Go back to Home, and voila... you'll get 16 messages saying you have received an item.
Yeah, but if I'm going to go through the trouble of starting the demo up (do I really need to read that warning every... single... time?) I figure I might as well play! :lol:
It is stil an inconvience, especially having to place them in your personal spaces all over again, but as you say, hopefully they'll fix this issue.
I haven't had to replace the arcade machines. Once I win them back, they're all right where I left them. Am I just special?

I play xevious to get them back. I watched my dad play our arcade on xevious, wow you veterans, he says because he grew up with it which I guess is true. He knows where all the hidden sol towers are and the flag too.

I play xevious to get them back. I watched my dad play our arcade on xevious, wow you veterans, he says because he grew up with it which I guess is true. He knows where all the hidden sol towers are and the flag too.

Just load the game.. you dont need to play.

lol my dad is Galaga pro, some reason he always gets over High score... I cant :indiff:

Xevious was the most annoying out of all for the items...
Plus the game got me annoyed.

Dig-Dug was like errmmm what to I do again. Secind hardest for me lol

Anyone else make a cheap Santa? White shirt, red trousers, boots and tubbyness and beard?

I know I did :)

Cheapness ftw!

For you...that is

I havent played in ages so I wouldnt know what I was doing.

Galaga was the easiest...

Anyways sofa glitching is pretty cool

We found out that the owner could only get ontop and no-one else. Is that right?

Yeah turbo was running around like a mouse in my house whilst i was on the roof, quite funny actually. Same goes for his house.

Ok so I finally made it onto Home last night for the first time in a while, made me a nice female character just to see how many odd people are around on Home now that its open beta. Heres my favourite:

Guy: "Hey there I really like your ass and boobs"
Me: "You do know this is VIRTUAL REALITY right?"
Guy: "Yeah I kno you 🤬 40 something truck driver!!"

I rofled so much at that worst comeback ever!

Also I got this random one:
Guy: "Beautiful"
Long Pause
Guy: "I'm Italian you know"

Yesterday was a good one for comedy

3 people at the Square started insulting everyone lol

but their insults were

"you mum"
"your all gay"
"**** you/off"

Then I noticed everyone is sooo childish lol

Also the chances of a girl on home = 1/1000+.... so why bother...
A lot just follow the girls wanting to go to their house...

Maybe some people are taking this real serious :indiff:

Last night a guy asked me if I wanted to go to his place. I told him there was nothing we could do there that we couldn't do here (The Plaza). He said, oh, yeah. Never mind. :rolleyes:

Of course, my avatar was a chick with a Pac Man shirt. :P

Just having a proper look around the Japanese version of Home... got to say, it's alot more impressive than the EU version! I know that a lot of people are extremely miffed about this fact, but hopefully the EU version will get more areas soon. I don't understand the mentality of the folk who are really miffed, however... even creating websites specifically to voice their disgruntlement with the evil empire that is Sony (curse their devious hides!)

All I have to do is learn a bit of Japanese now, and hope that I can remember the menu navigation without needing to read the text...!
No need... Unless there was an update over the last couple days, the Hong Kong version of Home is identical to the Japanese in terms of spaces. Many of the posters, billboards, and videos have different content, but that's about it. In fact, I think they both have the giant Christmas tree and snow covered plaza... which I guess I find a little odd that they get the seimi-Christmas themed plaza, but no one else?

The benefit of the Hong Kong Home is it is available in English. 👍

As far as spaces go though. I guess I would disagree that the JP/HK spaces are a lot more impressive.

The theater space in JP/HK, while certainly cooler than the NA Home Theater, and twice as many screens, neither of them come close to what the EU has... which is a two story complex with 10 screens (11 if you want to include the lobby) with lots of exclusive videos. So hands down EU wins there.

Also, try and find any chess or checker games any where in the JP/HK spaces... they don't exist. In fact, NA home also has no checker games, and the only chess tables they have are three located in the Mall. So again, EU wins there.

Also, the EU homes have the 'designer stores' in the Mall which also include several free items... those are not available in the JP/HK versions of Home, and they were not available in the NA version either, but that may have changed as I saw Joey posts about new clothes being made available, but I have not been on Home in a couple days. Regardless, EU 'won' in that department as well.

Sure, JP/HK has the Home Cafe, and Darts, which are not in the EU version, but NA doesn't have them either. Also, while there is a virtual Namco arcade in the JP/HK game spaces, you can easily make your own in any version of Home you like. 👍

Like the EU version, JP/HK also does not currently have the 3rd party spaces (Uncharted & Far Cry 2).

Bottom line for me at least, every region has it's advantages and disadvantages, and yet, it really doesn't matter that much as you can easily set up a PSN account in any region you feel like. All you need is an address in that region/country, which can be found in a few seconds by simply using a search engine on the internet. I've even put in fake addresses and fake email addresses, and as long as the area code is correct, it doesn't matter.

I also agree that I simply don't get all the fuss over the supposed unfairness regarding EU PS3 related content. :odd:
  • Have they forgotten that the EU PSN stores have more exclusive content than any other regional PSN stores?

• Show me another regional PSN store that has that great (and free) summer music series that EU stores got?

• Show me one other regional PSN store that has the great (and free) short film series currently available and updated weekly on the EU stores?

• There have been countless numbers of game trailers, videos, interviews, trade show videos, themes, etc that were only made available on the EU stores. In fact Australia, which is part of the EU region had a year long series showcasing music videos of various artists from Australia and the UK.

For anyone who doubts me, feel free to check out GTP's official PSN Store Update thread. You'll find I have been tracking regional PSN content for over two years, and often reporting on where to go to find the exclusive content for which EU has been the source on countless occasions.

While it is true that NA PSN stores do get a lot of content before EU, so do the EU stores, and as far as exclusive content, EU has the most exclusive content than any other PSN region... so if anyone has a beef, it really should be the rest of the world. Heck, other than old PS1 games, the regional store that get's by far the least amount of content is the Japanese store... even less than the Hong Kong store... and this is coming from a major Japanese company no less in a country which per capita has the largest numbers of gamers.

So again, I really am flabbergasted by the continually propagated myth that some how EU is "always being left out" in terms of PS3 content.

The same goes with games.

Perhaps they forgot, about all the PSN games that were released in the EU stores before NA, and in most cases before everyone else:
  1. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (came out in NA three weeks later)
  2. Super Rub 'a' Dub (came out in NA a month later)
  3. Go! Puzzle (came out in NA two weeks later)
  4. Tori-Emaki (came out in NA two and a half months later - still not available in JP)
  5. Mesmerize: Distort (came out in NA two months later - still not available in JP)
  6. The Trials of Topoq (came out in NA two months later - still not available in JP)
  7. Aquatopia (came out in NA a month later - still not available in JP)
  8. Operation Creature Feature (came out in NA a month later - still not available in JP)
  9. Dark Mist (seven months and it's still not available in NA)

Or how about the PSN games that are currently only available in the EU stores like:
  • GTi Club+ (three weeks and it still remains an EU exclusive)
  • Astro Tripper (two weeks and it still remains an EU exclusive)

In terms of PSP games, the EU PSN stores have had a lot of games that are currently not even available in NA or any where else for that matter, like:
  1. B-Boy
  2. Burnout Dominator
  3. Burnout Legends
  4. Carol Vorderman's Sudoku
  5. Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover
  6. FIFA 09
  7. Fired Up
  8. KAZooK
  9. Killzone Liberation
  10. LocoRoco 2
  11. Medal of Honor Heroes
  12. Medal of Honor Heroes 2
  13. NBA Live 09
  14. Pursuit Force
  15. Sid Meier's Pirates!
  16. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09

They also got a few PSP games before anyone esle did, like:
  1. Beats
  2. Go! Puzzle
  3. Super Stardust Portable

In addition to all that there have also been numerous game demos and add-on content that was first released in the EU stores before anywhere else. In fact, some add-on content has been exclusive to EU stores. Sure, NA has also had numerous game demos and add-on content that was first released here, but the way some have pictured it, they never get anything before everyone else, which is absolutely untrue.

Even with the disc based games, EU has had several released in EU before anywhere else, like:
  1. F.E.A.R.
  2. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
  3. FIFA 08
  4. Ratatouille
  5. Sega Rally Revo
  6. PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer
  7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  8. The Golden Compass
  9. SingStar
  10. The Club
  11. Conflict: Denied Ops
  12. Sega Superstar Tennis
  13. UEFA Euro 2008
  14. Race Driver: GRID
  15. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
  16. Overlord: Raising Hell
  17. SingStar Vol. 2
  18. Top Spin 3
  19. Beijing 2008
  20. Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
  21. Buzz! Quiz TV
  22. Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
  23. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
  24. FIFA 09
  25. Bioshock
  26. PES 2009: Pro Evolution Soccer
  27. James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
  28. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
  29. SingStar ABBA
Sure, some of those were released in NA around a week or so later, but some took months to get released here and many have never been released in Japan.

EU even has some games that are currently not available any where else in the world like:
  • World Snooker Championship 2007
  • SingStar Vol. 3

Bottom line, anyone who says that EU is always being left out in terms of PS3 content is simply not telling the truth, or hasn't bothered to actually check their facts. In fact, if anyone has a legitmate beef, it's those in Asian regions, including of all places, Japan. :odd:

More importantly, many people are complaining about content that can easily be gotten using regional PSN accounts. I know I use my EU one every week, because as much as some refuse to admit it, EU get's a lot of content that isn't available any where else.

Hmmm.. Maybe we should start an online petition against EU PSN complainers? ;)

At the very least, the next time anyone sees someone posting a complaint about how EU is always left out, send them a link to this post, and maybe they'll whistle a different tune. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, and I've complained about this in the forum probably a couple of times, but I'm having a very hard time creating an Asian avatar! I'm disappointed! :lol:

Yeah, and I've complained about this in the forum probably a couple of times, but I'm having a very hard time creating an Asian avatar! I'm disappointed! :lol:

Don't worry, my avatar doesn't look anything like me, either.

Don't worry, my avatar doesn't look anything like me, either.
It was a bit of let down, because when Xbox Live came out with their avatar system, I thought it was cartoonish, and bit silly looking. Playstation Home avatars looked much more realistic. I kind of enjoy creating my "virtual" me, on something like this, but while my Xbox avatar's pretty decent, on Home, I'm totally looking Hispanic. :lol: I'd love to see some improvements in that area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a funny(and scary) female related story in Home I'd like to share.

So I was on Home for the third time ever, something like that. I see this guy from my friends list on Home as well. I've played some CoD4 with him, he's Japanese, too. I decided to invite him over to my apartment, say 'hi', see exactly how interaction works on Home.

So I send a invite, and she pops in. I'm like :ouch: of course! I always wondered why 'he' talked like a girl, and the girly username, I just figured that it was some anime character name or something. Anyway, I'm like, "cool, I had no idea you were a girl, all this time, nice!". After the usual, "where are you from?" stuff, she asks, "how old are you?". I answer "34, probably little bit older than you. lol How old are you?". To the question she answers, "13". At that moment, I wanted to start looking around for Chris Hansen, or pork chop sandwitches(if you don't know that means, youtube it). It was a scary moment, but it was way more excitement that I expected from Playstation Home. For sure. :lol:

I see these guys on Home chasing female avatars around. It is funny, I'm not gonna lie. :D But other than the one I actually met from Japan, I don't know of a single girl with PS3. I pretty much consider everyone I see on there to be 'guys'.

At that moment, I wanted to start looking around for Chris Hansen, or pork chop sandwitches(if you don't know that means, youtube it).

:lol:! Porkchop sandwiches!

I see these guys on Home chasing female avatars around. It is funny, I'm not gonna lie. :D But other than the one I actually met from Japan, I don't know of a single girl with PS3. I pretty much consider everyone I see on there to be 'guys'.

That's why I made my pooky avatar. She's so purdy, and I chase all the weirdo guys around with her.

I actually like the Hong Kong Home, I didnt think to see the Square so HUGE with the other capitals surrounding it.

99% chance of a female being a male :lol: stay away get some fresh air outside lol.

Too serious on home...

I can get close but it aint me lol

+1

Why is that every time I come to my house, some of my furniture has disappeared? It only happens with the Alster Chair and that Light thing. It's getting quite annoying now.

There's only so many times we can say this before we just stop saying it - it's beta. These kinds of things will happen.

Back