Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
It's those gates that quickly kick up your time. If you're not perfectly vertical and moving right between them, then it penalizes you for "hitting" one. If you can get your penalties down to just three seconds for a few gates, you'll be able to make sub-1 minute. :)

I didn't even notice there was a time penalty, other than not getting the green gate icon to light up. :(

I'm also embarrassed to admit that it took a couple attempts before I finally figured out that I had to rotate my plane to match the ghost plane in some of the gates. :embarrassed:

Yeah, sorry I disappeared D-N, my internet connection died and my PS3 froze after rebooting, so I just turned it off and went to bed (It was ~2 AM anyways :P)

I like to fly the plane into the crowd trying to get into said planes :P

From,
Chris.

Yeah, sorry I disappeared D-N, my internet connection died and my PS3 froze after rebooting, so I just turned it off and went to bed (It was ~2 AM anyways :P)

No worries. 👍

I like to fly the plane into the crowd trying to get into said planes :P

Trouble maker! ;)

I flew around with the throttle pulled all the way back to go as slow as possibe trying to see if they put any hidden Easter Eggs in the space, like on top of one of the island rock pillars, but so far I have not come across anything unusual.

I found out all you have to do is find an empty spot of fence and it should say Red bull race instead of someones online name.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

100_1360.jpg

100_1361.jpg

That's about $20 for what looks like a program that allows you to make custom clothing designs for Home?

Actually the thing that looks like home in background cant be home. Second picture and the middle picture inside that. Home doesnt have those options...the wardrobe doesnt look like home either. Interesting find though.

Actually the thing that looks like home in background cant be home. Second picture and the middle picture inside that. Home doesnt have those options...the wardrobe doesnt look like home either. Interesting find though.
Right, that isn't in Home, but what D-N is saying is that this appears to be an app for Home, thus it would add that to Home if you bought it.

Kind of like Home doesn't have Pac-Man, unless you get the Namco Museum thing from the Hong Kong store.

Right, that isn't in Home, but what D-N is saying is that this appears to be an app for Home, thus it would add that to Home if you bought it.

Kind of like Home doesn't have Pac-Man, unless you get the Namco Museum thing from the Hong Kong store.

Exactly... of course it's only specualtion on my part based on how very similar the avatar and clothing looks. Although perhaps it's some kind of fashion design game/software that just so happens to be using the same or similar graphics engine used in Home?

We need someone who can translate the Japanese description for us.

Here is the official listing.

Unfortunately, because the info is all in Flash, it won't translate all the words. :indiff:

Just had a go of the red bull air race tonight. Quite fun, but you do get bored of it quickly. My best time was 1'00.84. But I was expecting this game to be harder.

Just had a go of the red bull air race tonight. Quite fun, but you do get bored of it quickly. My best time was 1'00.84. But I was expecting this game to be harder.

I suspect the point of these mini games is purely for casual gamers, and in some cases, just a tease or demo of a more challenging feature rich version that perhaps you'll be able to download or purchase on disc.

Exactly... of course it's only specualtion on my part based on how very similar the avatar and clothing looks. Although perhaps it's some kind of fashion design game/software that just so happens to be using the same or similar graphics engine used in Home?

We need someone who can translate the Japanese description for us.

Here is the official listing.

Unfortunately, because the info is all in Flash, it won't translate all the words. :indiff:
No translation necessary. PS3Fanboy trashed it in English.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2009/01/15/ps3-fanboy-hands-on-dress/

And no, it is not a part of Home. It is a fashion design game that looks like Home. Oh, and after the 2,000 Yen for the "game" you have to pay for the brand logos as well.

I just noticed they added a shortcut to some of the options by pressing the SELECT button, now you have the following options when you press that button:
  • Change your Communication Settings
    • The only thing you can do here is to turn on/off voice chat and or text chat. In order to change your audio input and output devices, you'll have to press the PS button and go to the Settings menu in the XMB, then select Accessory Settings, then select Audio Device Settings.
  • Add Someone to Your Block List
    • They don't make it clear, but the only way to get someone off your block list is to press the PS button and go to your Block List located at the Friends menu in the XMB. Then simply highlight that person, and press triangle to view your options. One of them is to delete them from your block list.
  • Go to your Personal Space
    • If you own multiple spaces, it currently does not let you pick which one and instead only takes you to your Harbor Studio.
  • Open the System Friends List
  • Submit a Report
I realize many may already be aware of this change, but it was new to me, so in case others may also not be aware of it I thought it might be nice to mention it.

I suspect the point of these mini games is purely for casual gamers, and in some cases, just a tease or demo of a more challenging feature rich version that perhaps you'll be able to download or purchase on disc.

Yeah, If people wanted harder flight games they would've bought one I suppose. It is fun just to jump on and have a go after wa while.

• Go to your Personal Space
    • If you own multiple spaces, it currently does not let you pick which one and instead only takes you to your Harbor Studio.

Maybe that's determined by what space you set as your default personal space?

From,
Chris.

I wonder if it's possible for some of you based in the US to add my US PSN id to your friends list please?

Thank you. It's SanFran_Cubicle :)

I just got my own PS3, but there's been a PS3 in the household for ages. I still live in the UK, but I'm fed up of going into Home and not being able to understand anyone because they're all speaking French, German, Spanish or Polish!

I'm just trying out a different Home on different servers, and I 'know' more people in the US than I do Europe :)

Anybody know if you go on multiple servers does home reserve 3gb of space for each server or just 3gb in total?

I've wondered that as well, and could have easily tried it with my HK account, but apparently I'm not motivated enough. :lol:

Anybody know if you go on multiple servers does home reserve 3gb of space for each server or just 3gb in total?
No, it doesn't. I had less than 10GB free when I started using it and have run it on six accounts.

It looks like there have been some Home updates. I can confirm that there are now three planes to choose from in the Red Bull Air Race game and a leaderboard with the best times. I didn't have time to check out any of the other Home spaces though.

There's also a contest where you have to find eight codes inside Home. You can win a PSP-3000 with it. :) So far, I have found none. :lol:

There's also a contest where you have to find eight codes inside Home. You can win a PSP-3000 with it. :) So far, I have found none. :lol:

Seriously! I'll be on it tomorrow evening searching every polygon! :dopey: Is it just one, or a few or is there any details on this and any more updates?

WHAT, are you for real, hell I'll be on after school tonight. Hopefully it will be leaked all over youtube by then.

Some interesting updates, maybe I'll check them out, I especially like the fact that they've added an extra plane and a competition as well.

Back