Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
I heard the closed beta will be taking more people in at the end of the month.
You need to download the Home theme from the Playstation store & that serves as your application & you'll be notified if you are chosen.
Downloading ASAP!:eek:

Here's some info from the Playstation Blog,

Later today, the PLAYSTATION Store will be updated with a PlayStation Home theme. By downloading the theme, users are submitting an application to join the PlayStation Home Beta test community. We will be using a variety of criteria including activity on the PLAYSTATION Network to determine eligibility for the Beta community. Existing beta testers have automatically qualified to be part of the expanded beta.

We’re really excited about this milestone and want our most loyal fans to be a part of the evolution of PlayStation Home.

In Europe, SCEE is also beginning their expanded closed beta, directly targeting consumers who have been most active on PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store. SCEE will be in email contact with their PSN audience very shortly.

Let us know what you think.

Notice the part about activity on the PLAYSTATION Network, start downloading videos & demos!!
It wouldn't kill you to get an episode or 2 of Qore too!! :P
I like the part about us existing testers being automatically included. :)

How do I sign up for the Beta?! I've looked and looked and haven't found anything.

You just have to download the Theme. It will automatically register your name for an entry. Sony will find the most active users to enter in the beta. The reason for this is to chose people who will actually play it and report back with problems, instead of people who just want to see it and be in a 'beta'.

I've been in quite a few Beta's for Sony (two Socom, Warhawk, and some others I can't talk about) and I STILL haven't been selected for this. Quite depressing.

There are 2 different Home themes in the Playstation store, make sure you get the new one, it will say in the description that it's the application for the Home beta.

I've been in quite a few Beta's for Sony (two Socom, Warhawk, and some others I can't talk about) and I STILL haven't been selected for this. Quite depressing.
Wouldn't mind sharing the secret on how you got in on those, would you?

Wouldn't mind sharing the secret on how you got in on those, would you?

I've registered every piece of Sony hardware I've ever owned, as well as games, and I try to keep up as much as possible with beta sign ups and announcements. Getting into the Socom Beta's was more about connections and people I knew, but Warhawk and the others, were all sign ups / offered to me.

You could always get in on Qore too. I'll be honest with you though, Beta experiences aren't generally pretty. You have to deal with a lot of broken game content, things that don't work, freezes. It can be an ugly process.

I've registered every piece of Sony hardware I've ever owned, as well as games,
Reading this I am surprised I haven't gotten one. I registered so much stuff that I got a membership, with card, into their Backstage Pass customer support program.

I havent checked today, but last night I couldnt find the theme on the European store, I'm guessing this is only an American thing. Is it?

Yep US only at the moment, keep your eyes open for a european offer, Asia and now the states have had theres so just us to go now LOL

I'm registering my stuff right now. 4 PS3 games, 2 PS one games, one PS2 game(GT4), one PS3 console, and one PS2 console.

Its taking quite a bit of time.

I've registered every piece of Sony hardware I've ever owned, as well as games, and I try to keep up as much as possible with beta sign ups and announcements. Getting into the Socom Beta's was more about connections and people I knew, but Warhawk and the others, were all sign ups / offered to me.

You could always get in on Qore too. I'll be honest with you though, Beta experiences aren't generally pretty. You have to deal with a lot of broken game content, things that don't work, freezes. It can be an ugly process.

Ok, i just registered all of my stuff, but why couldn;t i register MGS4? or GTA4? It says cause its not SCEA sso it won't. Now how do i hear of these betas if im accepted or invited to any? O, and how do you sign-up to any betas and isn't the socom beta not even out yet?

Ok, i just registered all of my stuff, but why couldn;t i register MGS4? or GTA4? It says cause its not SCEA sso it won't. Now how do i hear of these betas if im accepted or invited to any? O, and how do you sign-up to any betas and isn't the socom beta not even out yet?

You have to register the video games that you have for more beta game opportunities.

Armored Core was not accepted as a 1st party game even though its SCUS(which is 1st party).

You have to register the video games that you have for more beta game opportunities.

Armored Core was not accepted as a 1st party game even though its SCUS(which is 1st party).

Ok, but how do i register for betas? How do people hear of betas if they are accepted?

For some beta's, you don't "register", and for some, you do.

It's also wise to change your opt-in status. You have to opt-in to be contacted by Sony for them to select you for a beta. I.E. you have to be a member of Playstation Underground and receive correspondence from tem.

For some beta's, you don't "register", and for some, you do.

It's also wise to change your opt-in status. You have to opt-in to be contacted by Sony for them to select you for a beta. I.E. you have to be a member of Playstation Underground and receive correspondence from tem.

Yeah it asked me to sign in using my PSN name, so i did, does that mean taht im opt-in with sony. Like when i signed it, i have had that account for a long time, since i got my PS2, it asked me if i wanted to make a user tag so people can see me and add me if they want. So i did, does that kind of mean that im opt-in with sony?

Ok, I don't get it, do i get an e-mail that tells me that i have been accepted into the beta. Like HOME, is it going to be by e-mail?

Ok, I don't get it, do i get an e-mail that tells me that i have been accepted into the beta. Like HOME, is it going to be by e-mail?

I seem to remember my invite was by email & I was able to download it in the Playstation store.

Ok, so basically, all of the BETAs will be by email invite, and then it will be available in the PS store? ok thats sounds cool, Thanks!

Ok, so basically, all of the BETAs will be by email invite, and then it will be available in the PS store? ok thats sounds cool, Thanks!

No I didn't say that, I said that's how the first Home Beta worked, it would make sense that it will be that way in the future but they could also contact you with a message on the PS3

Oh, sorry, i have never been to a BETA. I dont know how it works or something, i do have QORE 1 and 3, Oh, speaking of which, if i game shared those off of a friend, will i still get the BETA's?

Back