Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Guy's, just remember, doing the above will not ensure you get into a beta, it just helps your chances.

That said, I just got in the R2 Private beta, just have to wait for them to roll out my sequence number.

It kinda makes me mad that you see this funny. Kind of like making fun of it. Making fun of my ethnic backround.
I'm sorry you've taken it that way and I apologise if you found it offensive.

The song is called "Homeless", and in this thread we are talking about "Home" or indeed the fact that none of us have it yet (except for a lucky few in the closed beta), and that was the joke... There are other versions of the song on YouTube, but this one starts with the guy saying "We are Homeless" - plus it is a Ladysmith Black Mambazo song and their own version is far and away the best.

So rest assured that I categorically was not making fun of the band or their ethnicity...

When was that? I dont watch FOX FAMILY so, i guess i would never know that this ever happened. Oh, and what do you mean you got into the R2 private BETA? How? Like is it that you got an e-mail? Or from QORE?

Last edited:
No, this is separate from those (Qore and what have you). I haven't received my confirmation code yet, but I have been accepted. I will hopefully be in the next wave (there are generally 4 waves for private betas).

I'm sorry you've taken it that way and I apologise if you found it offensive.

The song is called "Homeless", and in this thread we are talking about "Home" or indeed the fact that none of us have it yet (except for a lucky few in the closed beta), and that was the joke... There are other versions of the song on YouTube, but this one starts with the guy saying "We are Homeless" - plus it is a Ladysmith Black Mambazo song and their own version is far and away the best.

So rest assured that I categorically was not making fun of the band or their ethnicity...

Ah, I know. Sorry I took it personal. :crazy:
But, yeah, it was kind of funny too. I was just feeling weird yesterday.

I just got my code for the new closed Beta, I was already in the Beta though so the new invites might not come out as quick, but you might want to check your emails.

Same here.

Hey, if you guys want to know what the e-mail looks like go to ps3fanboy.com, and scroll to the HOME closed BETA article. I haven't recieved anything yet either and i really want it. The whole part is that if its going to be area based or something like that, I can't play with like half my friends on my friend list. Im in the US some are in Europe. That should change. My thoughts are to have it so you can create a HOME and invite all of your friends to it, but when you leave that HOME you are in a differnt place with all the other people, anyone know what im saying?

Its so Sony can have stronger ad revenue with HOME. What's the point of offering a aston martin car to americans where they would get more cash in the UK as the car is british and more widely accepted.

Hey, if you guys want to know what the e-mail looks like go to ps3fanboy.com, and scroll to the HOME closed BETA article. I haven't recieved anything yet either and i really want it. The whole part is that if its going to be area based or something like that, I can't play with like half my friends on my friend list. Im in the US some are in Europe. That should change. My thoughts are to have it so you can create a HOME and invite all of your friends to it, but when you leave that HOME you are in a differnt place with all the other people, anyone know what im saying?

I believe the way they are saying is that it will be possible to invite friends to your virtual house regardless of were they are from, I believe you will be able to start games from home with them aswell. It is only region locked when you are wandering around the world. I heard some excus about language, but how many languages are spoken here in Europe! I would say it was for larger revenue from addvertisers and less cost in connecting world wide servers hosting this world.

Public areas of Home are region locked. Private areas are by invite, so people from anywhere can visit those.

Nope, not in the least, unless you go through the task of banning every person from another country you find.

SL also doesn't have outside advertising like Home does.

From,
Chris.

See thats the thing, second life can do total worldwide public spaces using their servers and it also is free supported by advertising, I don't see why Sony cant do the same with the only exception that Home has much richer graphics that SL. I also might be due to the substantially lower user base PS3 would have compared to PC but still..

Robin

I also might be due to the substantially lower user base PS3 would have compared to PC but still..
The user base of an entire gaming system is more than likely higher than that of a single game, though.

Well, SL advertising isn't anything like Home's:

Home: On the wall, on the floor, on the clothes, on the bowling lane, on trophies, on your left pupil, etc. at all times.

SL: Click search, specifically search for said company (means you already need to be aware that it exists, go to company's land, wait 15 minutes for low quality "advertisements" to appear, and leave.

I don't think SL is supported as much by advertisements either, but more for the money $10,000 "Lindens" a month for a entire island (10,009 In-game Meters, IIRC), which they also get from any verified members who buy land, with the amounts varying depending on what size lot you have (minimum is usually 512 IGM).

From,
Chris.

Home will do the same buy selling big houses or apartments, clothing etc to users and spaces to companies so in that respect it should be even more economically viable compared to SL.

Makes you wonder why Sony are messing around on it so much when its potentially such a winner for the system..

Robin

I havn't heard a drop of news on playstation home in a month, Hopefully they will hit us with some new info soon. I was hoping for some news when I saw this thread had been resurected. but nah... No Home For You!, Come Back One Year!

The only news I've heard is that it's not gonna be out with the 2.5 update, bad news really but meh, honestly home is starting to look like a waste of time.

Yeah ive also heard its coming in October with the 2.5 Update... although this might only be a public beta... but hell I just want to try the damn thing..

I read somewhere that PSM reviewed it and said Home was going to be boring sighting the main problem as there was no one around and it was a ghost town... gosh how thick are they... ofcourse its empty! Its still closed BETA! and thats what they were playing on... :dunce:

Robin

Yeah ive also heard its coming in October with the 2.5 Update... although this might only be a public beta... but hell I just want to try the damn thing..
I have heard the public beta thing to. It seems definite to be before the holidays by the talk, but nothing confriming if it is with 2.5 or not.

It sounds like it will be in a long-term beta limbo, like everything Google does, just so they can finally get it out as it is now mostly functional.

Back