[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I am, Russia is/was using the same educational system as I am brought up with.
Even if the educational system in Russia is more ralaxed now as everywhere else in Europe with lack of respect for teachers and such it kicks the American educational system in the butt :P.

With your superior education, it should be easy to find sources for all the things you claimed as fact in your previous posts. I'll be waiting, and no, the things your friends tell you don't count as legitimate sources.

Have you been to the South...? Cause last time I checked the State government wasn't using national guard or mass police units to arrest and potentially kill homosexuals. Perhaps we need a big event like the winter Olympics to bring that out...?

The fact that gay marriage is legalized shows a far more progress in humanity here than there, end of story. What American said it was the best country to live in? Now you're being obtuse on a ignorant or troll like level, I'm sure your next post will clear it up. But let me save the rest of the thread and forum the trouble. All one would have to do is read your posts in the Conspiracy thread to see just how out of touch you can be.

You still miss my point, Russia have its problems. I do not deny it. But so does most of countries, especially USA. I have said that I find Russia not up to modern standard when it comes to human rights but USA is almost like Russia but instead it is ethnicity/race that is the big divider. Look at this election, latinos and mexicans are rapist and "bad hombres" if you ask those that voted on/for Trump. There were posters that said that USA is the greates country, which is not. If I remember Norway was nr1 to live in :P
@peobryant
Yes I have to say, compared to most Americans, my education my is superior and I can study what I want with out paying a dime for the education :P But if you have money I am sure that you can get super good education in USA too, so do not think I want to diss USA. But it has a lot of problems and it is not far off Russia in lots of areas.

Don't change the subject.

I didn't.

No Republicans voted for ACA, none.

Never said that they did.

Again, in my post I very specifically said that Congress has been obstructionist for six years. ACA was passed before that.

It's elementary math, and I don't know how to put it any clearer to you.

Even your failed champion, Hillary Clinton admitted ACA is a disaster. It stands as one of the largest tax increases on the working middle class families and small businesses over the last two decades. The blame falls squarely on Obama.

While I don't agree that the ACA is a "disaster," anybody who does feel that way would be right to blame Obama for it. I'm not disputing that. But, again, it was more than six years ago, and therefore isn't relevant to what I said.

You still miss my point, Russia have its problems. I do not deny it. But so does most of countries, especially USA. I have said that I find Russia not up to modern standard when it comes to human rights but USA is almost like Russia but instead it is ethnicity/race that is the big divider. Look at this election, latinos and mexicans are rapist and "bad hombres" if you ask those that voted on/for Trump. There were posters that said that USA is the greates country, which is not. If I remember Norway was nr1 to live in :P
@peobryant
Yes I have to say, compared to most Americans, my education my is superior and I can study what I want with out paying a dime for the education :P But if you have money I am sure that you can get super good education in USA too, so do not think I want to diss USA. But it has a lot of problems and it is not far off Russia in lots of areas.

Again, please provide sources for these claims.

@peobryant
Yes I have to say, compared to most Americans, my education my is superior and I can study what I want with out paying a dime for the education :P

And I've said you haven't a clue I didn't miss any point, you lack one and you lack the integrity to admit to yourself. You've now back peddled to a position where "yeah every country has issues man, why you grilling me", yeah and the sky is blue. What obvious statement do you want to roll out next?

As for the racists stuff, first off media has been a great tool to of provocation for making it seem that America is back in the days of Jim Crow but now Muslims and Latins are apart of it. If you watch the rapist comments, he is clearly talking about criminals of gangs/cartels. He never said all Mexicans illegally coming are rapist, now he then says I assume there are good people that also come over. However that is my only issue with his talk (among other things), he can't allow himself to say something positive and something that is a realistic probability. I could easily say without a doubt that not all illegal migrants are bad people, he couldn't and that is a large issue.

Now does that mean that the U.S. is by and large racist? I don't think so, can it be compared to Russia, I don't see how last I check Russian wasn't some great melting pot of cultures and races.

Also who cares who the number one country is, that's a non-point you keep going to to save yourself and keep some peace in the debate. I don't care who is number one, I never claimed anything in that regard. I took charge because you talked out of term and scope of your knowledge it's easy to see.

No any republican wouldn't have. Here is the simple premise for all to understand agree or disagree, at this point reality is here, and that is as I said last night. No one would have beat Trump other than potentially Sanders as @McLaren somewhat convinced me/reminded me of, but even that would be hard fought. No republican with RNC backing was going to win this, because Americans who voted didn't want a politician they believe that someone out from the weeds was going to give them what they wanted. And that was quite well stated by election results for President, as Hillary lost key state after key state after key state, that poll forecasts suggested she'd easily conquer.

I've said the same thing of a pattern when Obama got elected but in reality it's silly because when you think about why these people were elected especially Obama and Trump...it's due to that outsider I'm here to save you mentality.

Bottom line is the US is very evenly divided. The last 5 Presidential elections have been won by relatively narrow margins. In the case of both Gore & Hillary Clinton, they won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college vote. The participation rate is pretty abysmal & the swings that have decided these elections are relatively small.

In the case of this election there wasn't a high turnout - not even on Trump's side. In fact, Trump received less votes than Mitt Romney in his losing effort. This illustrates the unpopularity of BOTH candidates. The difference seems to be that Clinton lost a few percentage points of the blue collar vote in a few key states & had a few percentage points lower participation from millennials - that was enough to tip the electoral vote to Trump.

It certainly would have been fascinating to have seen a Sanders/Trump match-up, but the DNC did their best to make sure that didn't happen.

Take it to the human right's thread where it's more appropriate.
The accusation was that Clinton's campaign was built on legitimising feminism and "social justice warriors", and implied to be a) diametrically opposed to American vales and b) just plain unnatural. As was pointed out, Trump's victory seems to have legitimised bigotry in some quarters, which is really no surprise given that Britain underwent the same thing following Brexit.

So defending the idea that everyone is worth caring about seems like a very valid thing to do here, given that the post I was responding to is already showing symptoms of a sinister parody of America, where everything is perfectly acceptable so long as certain people get their way. It's tyranny, which is ironic given that Americans pride themselves on rejecting tyranny in all its forms. But it's not a crime if you commit it, right?

The accusation was that Clinton's campaign was built on legitimising feminism and "social justice warriors", and implied to be a) diametrically opposed to American vales and b) just plain unnatural. As was pointed out, Trump's victory seems to have legitimised bigotry in some quarters, which is really no surprise given that Britain underwent the same thing following Brexit.

So defending the idea that everyone is worth caring about seems like a very valid thing to do here, given that the post I was responding to is already showing symptoms of a sinister parody of America, where everything is perfectly acceptable so long as certain people get their way. It's tyranny, which is ironic given that Americans pride themselves on rejecting tyranny in all its forms. But it's not a crime if you commit it, right?

Yes and you gave a response fit for the Human's right page, and I agree those talking anti-sjw should also take it there. I think you and @Carbonox and others are going into territory that deserves a greater scope. Which as I recall from the 2012 election thread is why certain other threads were made. Because they tried to have conversations that over lapped (not surprising) existing threads that deal specifically with it. So again I see it as far more appropriate to hash out said division of said subject there. Also for your last line, you're talking mainly about a poster who isn't American (at least I think DR Troll isn't one so forgive me) and being the catalyst of your response now tirade, and then posing it to us who never even brought up the SJW/Anti-SJW rhetoric.

I can study what I want with out paying a dime for the education :P
So who does pay for that education? If you say "the government", I'd remind you that the government does not and cannot spend a dime that it doesn't take from somebody, by force if necessary.

So tell me, who pays?

No. I plan to make a new thread to cover the Midterms. When it will be, however, remains up in the air. I'm thinking on how I would format the post so that I don't have to change much when it is closer to the election.
I'd like to say you've done yeoman work here.👍

In the case of this election there wasn't a high turnout - not even on Trump's side. In fact, Trump received less votes than Mitt Romney in his losing effort.

There were way more 3rd party votes than usual. Looks like voter turnout was up.

I didn't.

Never said that they did.

Again, in my post I very specifically said that Congress has been obstructionist for six years. ACA was passed before that.

It's elementary math, and I don't know how to put it any clearer to you.

While I don't agree that the ACA is a "disaster," anybody who does feel that way would be right to blame Obama for it. I'm not disputing that. But, again, it was more than six years ago, and therefore isn't relevant to what I said.

The problem is not the math, it's your argument that Republicans have been the only obstructionists in regards to bills that would have provided much needed relief, and yes, these are in the last SIX years. It's completely errant and devoid of reality that you are casting blame on one side while conveniently neglecting to review the Democrat's own obstructionist record of bipartisan bills.

So what about the bipartisan bills that the Democrat-controlled senate blocked? Let's looks at some examples that would helped the economy, small business and the middle class.

1. What about The American Small Business Tax Relief act which passed the house in June 2014 which the Senate did nothing?

2. What about the The S Corporation Permanent Tax Relief Act of June 2014 that passed the House then the Senate did nothing?

3. What about the The Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act that passed the house in December 2013 and the Senate did nothing?

And yes the ACA is still relevant, the costs keep rising every year, in some cases tripling this year, it is still VERY relevant.

In the case of this election there wasn't a high turnout - not even on Trump's side. In fact, Trump received less votes than Mitt Romney in his losing effort. This illustrates the unpopularity of BOTH candidates. The difference seems to be that Clinton lost a few percentage points of the blue collar vote in a few key states & had a few percentage points lower participation from millennials - that was enough to tip the electoral vote to Trump.
Yeah. She counted on retaining Obama's support among young people and minorities, she mostly retained the vote share but turnout was much lower than for Obama. People just flat out were not energized to vote for Clinton.

No any republican wouldn't have. Here is the simple premise for all to understand agree or disagree, at this point reality is here, and that is as I said last night. No one would have beat Trump other than potentially Sanders as @McLaren somewhat convinced me/reminded me of, but even that would be hard fought. No republican with RNC backing was going to win this, because Americans who voted didn't want a politician they believe that someone out from the weeds was going to give them what they wanted. And that was quite well stated by election results for President, as Hillary lost key state after key state after key state, that poll forecasts suggested she'd easily conquer.
I agree that no other Republican would have won, but I don't think it's true only Sanders could have beat Trump. Any other establishment Democrat probably ekes out a win and Sanders maybe takes a sizeable win. I don't think any reasonable Democratic candidate is unpopular enough to lose MI, WI, PA, and OH all at once.

Graph of voter turnout for the last 3 elections. Trump had less voters than Romney and even McCain. It wasn't some enthusiastic show of support for Trump really. Problem was the Obama coalition completely collapsed under Clinton. Joe Biden or whatever slick suit they could have nominated wouldn't have matched 2008 or 2012 Obama's vote totals, but I don't think you'd see the utter collapse we saw for Clinton. We're talking 6 million votes, I have a hard time believing Biden or Warren or O'Malley would be that unpopular.

Reality is Clinton is uniquely disdained as the most cynical example of corporate oligarchy, corruption, and hypocritical meddling around the world that they could have nominated. She's hated for a lot of dumb stuff like Benghazi and emails but the baggage is miles long and a lot of it's a legitimate criticism. Superpredators, foundation donations from the Saudis, meddling in Syria and Libya, her connections to financial elites. There's just so so much baggage that's unique to Hillary Clinton when it comes to a national election.

Last edited:
As for the racists stuff, first off media has been a great tool to of provocation for making it seem that America is back in the days of Jim Crow but now Muslims and Latins are apart of it. If you watch the rapist comments, he is clearly talking about criminals of gangs/cartels. He never said all Mexicans illegally coming are rapist, now he then says I assume there are good people that also come over. However that is my only issue with his talk (among other things), he can't allow himself to say something positive and something that is a realistic probability. I could easily say without a doubt that not all illegal migrants are bad people, he couldn't and that is a large issue.

Trump has said, it seems to me, deliberately racist things (not to mention sexist & Islamophobic). A "normal", way to make the point would have been to say that there is an illegal immigration problem with many people coming across the border, including some (even "many" would have been acceptable) rapists & bad people. Instead, saying "they're rapists ... & some, I assume, are good people" is a horrible way to make the point. You & I both know that most illegal immigrants are decent, poor people desperate to find work to help support themselves & their families - they are pretty much precisely:

"... your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door
."

In particular, it is disgusting when Trump, someone who was born into a life of privilege & comfort & with every material advantage available to him, feels entitled to slander the poor & powerless. Trump may have won the Presidency, but he remains one of the most loathsome individuals I've come across in public life in the US.

Trump has said, it seems to me, deliberately
Trump very deliberately deals in memes. Supposedly his votes cost less than $5 each, a modern record low. He may be some kind of visionary genius or political Superman, sent from Hell or Krypton to conquer the planet.:P

@LMSCorvetteGT2

Just take my word for it or google it yourself about school and stuff. All I am doing is giving you my point of how I am those around me see the world. It is not taken right out of the blue, it is by reading/talking and even seeing the world around me. Russia is not a 3third world country you know, and if you believe Trump and his speeches USA is heading in that direction :P

@BobK School is paid by taxation of course, as is healthcare and welfare if necessary, infrastructure and military of course. So what? Everyone pays their share ie about 1/4-1/3 of their salary. :P If my education was not paid by the taxpayers I would not have the opportunity to get education. Like in USA, and I would be just a window cleaner or something like that.

Instead my education is paid by the taxpayers and I pay my share 1/3 of my salary to the system. So tell me what is worse for the country? Many low educated citizens that cant get work and if they get work, the low salary they receive as a window cleaner or similar the country struggles to even get even to pay for public grade school and other critical infrastructure systems. Or is it to pay for my and others education and then when I/we earn quite a big salary they take 1/3 of it and now the country get quite large sum of money compared to if I was a window cleaner. I earn waaaay more then a low level worker and can buy what I want and still pay my share to the country that made it all possible. So which is better? paying someone for their education or just let everyone live in the gutter? No one is taking my freedom away, just more opportunities. USA needs to wake up and adapt the modern way.

Last edited:
Trump very deliberately deals in memes. Supposedly his votes cost less than $5 each, a modern record low. He may be some kind of visionary genius or political Superman, sent from Hell or Krypton to conquer the planet.:P

I would characterize him as more of an "idiot savant". He's been like that since long before he got into politics - saying ignorant but pertinent things.

Which is roughly the number of votes gotten by Johnson, Stein, and "other". Johnson brought in 4x as many votes as he did in 2012.
Out of curiosity, how many votes did third party candidates get in total in 2008 and 2012?

I would characterize him as more of an "idiot savant". He's been like that since long before he got into politics - saying ignorant but pertinent things.
Wasn't Nikola Tesla an idiot savant who changed the world?

Wasn't Nikola Tesla an idiot savant who changed the world?

I'm thinking you're describing Thomas Edison more, at least that seemed to be Tesla's opinion of the man he worked with for many years. Thomas would solve things more by trial and error rather than using the math to figure it out and that aggravated Tesla because he worked painfully slow because of it.

Last edited:
Left, right and center, we all want and demand greater economic growth
That's not what people need.
People need this (from bottom to top, the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs):
2329410_orig.gif

The economic growth is the horse our societies are currently riding but it has yet to be proven this is sustainable in the long run, nor that it will be necessary, nor that it will even be desirable.
https://ourworld.unu.edu/en/the-end-of-the-growth

Also GDP is an indirect and unreliable way to measure national well-being. Clean you neighbor's house for $100, then ask your neighbor to clean yours for $100, and you'll have added $200 to you national GDP, but created zero well-being.

Today is a day for tremendous optimism or pessimism depending on which candidate you supported.
Or depending of which planet you live on - literally. In case someone still think that all Trump dumb campaign's speeches were just trash talking, things will happen for real:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

Well, well, well.

It appears all the elitist, progressive, socialist, politically correct Democrats that loved to promote anyone with an opposing view as a fringe cook in the minority just got the reality check they needed.

You folks lost the election and lost it resoundingly.

Bye-bye ACA

Bye-bye progressive gun grabbing SCOTUS appointments

Bye-bye oil, gas and coal industry destroying regulations.

Bye-bye over reaching EPA regulations.

Bye-bye wholesale promotion of illegal immigration to just pad the Democrat voting roles.

Bye-bye ACA.. wait I already said that but it needed saying again. It looks like I may get to keep my doctor and keep my plan - it's only going to take an act of Congress LOL

Bye-bye over reaching BLM regulations.

Bye-bye witch hunting IRS - although it would be great if the IRS went after liberal progressives the way they went after conservatives.

Bye-bye Clinton pay-to-play schemes.

Hello special prosecutor to look into Benghazi and the use of a none-secure email server.

:)

In celebration I bought a couple guns and a few thousands rounds of ammo today - at decent discounted prices - mostly just because I can.

Yes, today is great day to be free.

LOL

Last edited:
Trump has said, it seems to me, deliberately racist things (not to mention sexist & Islamophobic). A "normal", way to make the point would have been to say that there is an illegal immigration problem with many people coming across the border, including some (even "many" would have been acceptable) rapists & bad people. Instead, saying "they're rapists ... & some, I assume, are good people" is a horrible way to make the point. You & I both know that most illegal immigrants are decent, poor people desperate to find work to help support themselves & their families - they are pretty much precisely:

."

In particular, it is disgusting when Trump, someone who was born into a life of privilege & comfort & with every material advantage available to him, feels entitled to slander the poor & powerless. Trump may have won the Presidency, but he remains one of the most loathsome individuals I've come across in public life in the US.

Okay well that's fine, we know your dislike for Trump, if you read the back and forth it goes beyond that (which is why I say take it to the America thread) and goes into is Country A more domestically and humanly responsible than Country B or vice versa.

That's not what he said, I'm surprised that the generalization of drugs and then crime and the rapist gets pinpointed as rapist. I only defend it because of the perpetuation by media to highlight a single phrase as if it was all he said. How it that intellectual in thought, it would have been easier to pin point him on why he was so hesitant to acknowledge the plight of those who actually come to the U.S. for a better life. He said "that Mexico isn't sending their best and instead sending people with lots of problems. Those who are drug runners, criminals, and rapist and some I imagine are good people". He goes on to talk about how it's not just Mexico and all of middle and south america and probably other regions of the world. If he had simply said Rapist or made that center piece of why we should fear illegals, rather than fearing them due to the economical burden they pose due to the black market crime and other financial issues...I wouldn't be saying to you to stop restating MSM lines.

@Joel with those numbers perhaps you're right. However, situations from then to now have changed. One I think Trump won simply because he wasn't a politician and people feel in a great mass they can't trust a politician. Two those who did vote Clinton were probably those who wanted her oringinally or dems in general. And others wanted her because they really feared Trump.

The Sander's voters, minorities for Obama, and young for all of them either took the time to not vote or vote third party. What this election to me was is simple and I think you've highlighted it, this was one where people don't care any more and don't want career elite politicians. They either see the process so screwed why bother, or they will just keep voting for these out of the weeds characters.

Obama to me won so well, because he was able to to translate that he was a newer politician wanted to help change America for the better. He beat highly established members in the democratic party like Hillary and that's because he was seen as not them, he was seen as this new progressive. He beat McCain because he was an established republican. If anything the past 3 cycles have shown (fourth possibly) that people are growing ever so tired of the everyday politician. And thus if you are one you will not win the keys to the oval office.

Also I'm not saying Obama and Trump are the same, just the election path is similar.

Last edited:

."

In case someone still think that all Trump dumb campaign's speeches were just trash talking, things will happen for real:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

Just to clarify, exactly what is racist about Trumps comment about the criminal act of entering the USA illegally?

Are there people crossing illegally from Mexico? Yes or no.

Are there among these people escaped and fleeing criminals? Yes or no

Are some of these criminals gang-bangers, rapists and even murderers? Yes or no

Who cares if most or even all of the people crossing ILLEGALLY are decent, poor or desperate?

I know I don't - my legal immigration into the USA took time, money and effort and was scrutinized every step of the way. Just as it is in every other country around the world.

The moment they choose to crawl over the border they are criminals and should be treated as such.

Please clarify what is islamophobic about wanting to ban the entry of refugees whose background and affiliation to unable to be verified?

Okay well that's fine, we know your dislike for Trump, if you read the back and forth it goes beyond that (which is why I say take it to the America thread) and goes into is Country A more domestically and humanly responsible than Country B or vice versa. That's not what he said, I'm surprised that the generalization of drugs and then crime and the rapist gets pinpointed as rapist. I only defend it because of the perpetuation by media to highlight a single phrase if it it was all he said. How it that intellectual in thought, it would have been easier to pin point him on why he was so hesitant to acknowledge the plight of those who actually come to the U.S. for a better life. He said "that Mexico isn't sending their best and instead sending people with lots of problems. Those who are drug runners, criminals, and rapist and I some I imagine are good people". He goes on to talk about how it's not just Mexico and all of middle and south america and probably other regions of the world. If he had simply said Rapist or made that center piece of why we should fear illegals, rather than fearing them due to the economical burden they pose due to the black market crime and other financial issues...I wouldn't be saying to you to stop restating MSM lines.

No. It's not just the "rapist" bit - the whole statement is despicable.

"isn't sending their best and instead sending people with lots of problems ... drug runners, criminals, and rapists ..."

Can you not see that all you have to do is substitute whatever nationality/ethnic group - Irish, Germans, Italians, Jews Puerto Ricans etc. and it could be something said by any racist or xenophobic "nativist" at any particular point in the history of American immigration?

Well, well, well.

It appears all the elitist, progressive, socialist, politically correct Democrats that loved to promote anyone with an opposing view as a fringe cook in the minority just got the reality check they needed.

You folks lost the election and lost it resoundingly.

Bye-bye ACA

Bye-bye progressive gun grabbing SCOTUS appointments

Bye-bye oil, gas and coal industry destroying regulations.

Bye-bye over reaching EPA regulations.

Bye-bye wholesale promotion of illegal immigration to just pad the Democrat voting roles.

Bye-bye ACA.. wait I already said that but it needed saying again. It looks like I may get to keep my doctor and keep my plan - it's only going to take an act of Congress LOL

Bye-bye over reaching BLM regulations.

Bye-bye witch hunting IRS - although it would be great if the IRS went after liberal progressives the way they went after conservatives.

Bye-bye Clinton pay-to-play schemes.

Hello special prosecutor to look into Benghazi and the use of a none-secure email server.

:)

In celebration I bought a couple guns and a few thousands rounds of ammo today - at decent discounted prices - mostly just because I can.

Yes, today is great day to be free.

LOL

This is the part I can't wait for either...but who will you blame when some of those things don't come true? At that point there's nobody else to blame for failure.

@peobryant
Bro, put the pipe down and show some sources. Russia 13th is .1 ahead of the US at 14th in education based on 2014 statistics.You live in Sweden correct? Your behind the US and Russia at 24th.So I guess that free education ain't doing so well.
http://www.edudemic.com/learning-curve-report-education/
The top Universities in the world, which would mean education. There is 1 Russian University at 84th.Quite a few American ones.
http://www.thebestschools.org/features/100-best-universities-in-world-today/

There I posted some resources for you.
Wish you would do the same.

Last edited:
No. It's not just the "rapist" bit - the whole statement is despicable.

"isn't sending their best and instead sending people with lots of problems ... drug runners, criminals, and rapists ..."

Can you not see that all you have to do is substitute whatever nationality/ethnic group - Irish, Germans, Italians, Jews Puerto Ricans etc. and it could be something said by any racist or xenophobic "nativist" at any particular point in the history of American immigration?

No you are wrong.

The above immigration actions where not ILLEGAL - they where part of an active and legally promoted and controlled process or immigration.

And the above listed folks immigrated LEGALLY to the USA with the intent to assimilate and become PART of United States, rather than just come for the benefits and send their tax-free income home.

You are trying to compare apples to lead wheel weights here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back