[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one thing that I hate about America's election system as a hole. It is the way how people choose the candidates, and if you are a Democrate or Republican you always by law have to choose that until the main election starts. We had so much more candidates from the independents, Democrates, and Republicans. The party system really should not be used in my opinion, it feels very seperated in terms of political power between Democrates and Republicans, like for example. The power struggles on the senate and politicians. I cannot wait to see the outcome of the storm that is arising, and I am sulfide s everyone in America is not a doctrinated slave to the higher powers.
Play on words or...:lol:

I don't necessarily get into politics, but I've always hated the system and candidates. We can only see in a matter of months what regulations Donald will come up with.

Step one will be repealing the ACA.

Step one will be repealing the ACA.
Repealing the ACA will require many steps.

The real step one might be repealing all some previous executive orders.

The first step that I want to see is "Drain the Swamp".

One other idle thought. You know that whole mass surveillance thing where all y'all who don't care say you've got nothing to hide so you have nothing to fear? Donald Trump now has your data*.

Sleep tight.

*For balance, had Hillary got hold of it, she'd have probably got her maid to print it, lost it, let it fall into the hands of five foreign governments, deleted it and then you'd have committed suicide by a double-tap to the base of the skull...

You can thank George W. Bush for that, and you can thank Obama for increasing it. I fail to see what Trump has to do with it (yet). But if you take what he said during the campaign to heart, we may just have an NSA on steroids on our hands. But who knows, I doubt he will make good on half of his promises he made,and I highly doubt he will build 'the wall' either.

If I was an American in America tonight I'd probably be asking myself, 'How did it come to this?' I've looked on in horror at the whole thing. I've met a lot of Americans in my life even lived in San Francisco for a little while, surely you could have found two better people to go up against each other for POTUS. How did you end up with Trump v Clinton?

There is one thing that I hate about America's election system as a hole. It is the way how people choose the candidates, and if you are a Democrate or Republican you always by law have to choose that until the main election starts. We had so much more candidates from the independents, Democrates, and Republicans. The party system really should not be used in my opinion, it feels very seperated in terms of political power between Democrates and Republicans, like for example. The power struggles on the senate and politicians. I cannot wait to see the outcome of the storm that is arising, and I am sulfide s everyone in America is not a doctrinated slave to the higher powers.
You misunderstood the purpose of the primary system. By law, a party can't make a John Q. Doe voter swear a loyalty oath to support the nominated candidate in the general. If you are an independent, you go to a Republican or Democrat primary voting site and vote for the candidate of your preference like you would in the general election. The difference between a primary and the general is that you can't vote in the Republican primary and then turn right around and vote in the Democrat primary.

You can thank George W. Bush for that, and you can thank Obama for increasing it. I fail to see what Trump has to do with it (yet). But if you take what he said during the campaign to heart, we may just have an NSA on steroids on our hands. But who knows, I doubt he will make good on half of his promises he made,and I highly doubt he will build 'the wall' either.
Ditto

If I was an American in America tonight I'd probably be asking myself, 'How did it come to this?' I've looked on in horror at the whole thing. I've met a lot of Americans in my life even lived in San Francisco for a little while, surely you could have found two better people to go up against each other for POTUS. How did you end up with Trump v Clinton?
You ended up with Trump v. Clinton the same way you ended up with a feckless President, a has-been movie star, a rapist and serial cheater, a deer caught in the headlights and a schoolteacher in over his head. The people spoke, America soldiers on regardless, like it always does, on the backs of a couple of hundred million folks who think they are the best on the planet and no one can convince them otherwise.

I fail to see what Trump has to do with it (yet).
He's an insane entrepreneur. It's like giving a chunk of uranium-235 an all-you-can-eat neutron buffet.

You did read the 'for balance' part, right?

"It's the economy stupid". We are a people in unaccustomed economic distress. We were presented with the "Greatest field of Republicans in 100 years", and two old, sour vintages of Democrats. We chose our poison, and drank it down.

Apparently Donald Trump will no longer be able to fly to Scotland to visit his new golf resort in his personal jet, since as President of the USA he will have to fly everywhere in Air Force One, which is a Boeing 747, and is too big to land at Aberdeen airport and can only land in Glasgow (or possibly Edinburgh). But, provided he books well in advance online, he can get to Aberdeen from Glasgow by Megabus for just £1 (normally £16), though it takes 3h 5 mins.

What you mean not actually targeting them and just supporting your allies in the country by killing his rivals?

Russia are not targeting IS in Syria, they are targeting anyone who opposed to Assad (as they like having a port in the country), most of whom are not IS
Not IS, but radical Islamic groups like Jabhat al-Nusra (that is a part of Al Qaeda), Jaysh al-Islam and many others that are called "moderate" and recieve supplies from the US, although they're better than ISIS like typhoid is better than cholera.

I really hope that Trump's administration will stop their country from supporting Al Qaeda (that killed thousands of Americans 15 years ago) and other dangerous morons for their political goals (e.g. regime changes).

and are quite happy to commit war crimes in the process.

Great model to follow.
Citation needed. What I've seen is reported by the "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights" which is actually one man living in Coventry.
(Uh, we have a different thread for this though.)

Easy, Clinton had so much dirt on Biden that he knew better than to run against her, and Trump was caused by the establishment failing the White Middle class, namely the Republican party, they had enough.

Obama made good on a lot of his campaign promises and history will credit him with numerous achievements, but he failed to right the sinking ship called the middle class, he failed to revive the stagnant economy, stagnant growth. This election was not about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, it was about rebuking the last 8 years of an Obama Presidency that did little to aid the working class voters who have watched their salary stay the same while their healthcare and living costs increased each year. It was a sharp rebuke of the cronyism of Washington DC and it's failures to everyone outside the 1%. That is what this election was really about. Now the house and senate are Red too.....if that's not a complete rejection of the Democratic and progressive principles and movement that led this country by the nose for the last eight years, then I don't know what is.

as President of the USA he will have to fly everywhere in Air Force One, which is a Boeing 747
I'm given to understanding that Air Force One is any plane that the President happens to be on...
I loved my friend's comment this morning about nominating Hillary Clinton as the Democratic Presidential candidate:
I wonder if the DNC will learn anything from its disastrous primary-rigging. Would Bernie have lost to Trump?

Sorry did I read that someone said that Trump might be the worst president yet? Hold your horses. I can come up with two presidents that are far worse, Nixon a real dangerous crook and G.W Bush an idiot that probably cant even read and probably needed help getting dressed in the morning like a little kid. From what I have seen so far Trump seems to have more brain and is far competent then both of them x10. Lets hope he will not wake up in the middle of a night and nuke some country after reading a mean tweet aimed at him from that country :P

Trump is the new President of USA, let just buckle all up and see where it takes us :D

The GTP Decision Desk can now project that:

Donald Trump wins Alaska.

Hillary Clinton wins Minnesota

Arizona, Michigan and New Hampshire remains too close to call at this hour.

Trump isn't insane, he just plays one on TV
Insane is claiming school children reading poetry were snipers shooting at you
now THAT is insane

Cw086reWIAA89II.jpg:large

:lol: This has gone viral in Russia.

I'm given to understanding that Air Force One is any plane that the President happens to be on...

They could put him on the Boeing 757 which is usually reserved for the Vice President.

This might explain why he was annoyed with LaGuardia Airport in his debate, since it isn't capable of handling anything larger than narrow-body aircraft.

I wonder if the DNC will learn anything from its disastrous primary-rigging. Would Bernie have lost to Trump?

I think Bernie would have looked a bit more flustered against Trump. But we'll never know for sure, except that the media got that wrong, too...although "wrong" is kind of analogous with "lied by burying the truth with a golden shovel" in this paragraph.

Ah... I see... though I reckon he still won't be able to use the Trump plane because it will be too small for his staff etc.. That said, does this mean that any bus he is on is Bus Force One?

I don't think he would have lost to Trump. He'd probably have lost Florida and maybe North Carolina but I have a hard time believing any Democrat other than Clinton would have lost all four of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio.

What you mean not actually targeting them and just supporting your allies in the country by killing his rivals?

Russia are not targeting IS in Syria, they are targeting anyone who opposed to Assad (as they like having a port in the country), most of whom are not IS and are quite happy to commit war crimes in the process.

Great model to follow.
Wow...

Ah... I see... though I reckon he still won't be able to use the Trump plane because it will be too small for his staff etc..
I looked it up and apparently the two VC-25s are colloquially called Air Force One too, but only officially called Air Force One when the President is on them and any other plane he's on is also called Air Force One... which means he can get off Air Force One and onto Air Force One, which is actually Air Force One. But if it's a civilian plane it's called Executive One when he's on board, so he could be on Executive One and Air Force One but not Air Force One.

But then Presidents are also called 'Mr. President' when they aren't President any more. I wonder if this means that any plane an ex-President gets on is called Air Force One, or if it has to be the sitting President. Air Force Three? Veteran One?
That said, does this mean that any bus he is on is Bus Force One?
Replacement Bus Service One.

Can Trump go against the recommendations of the Secret Service in regards to his modes of transportation? Like can he just decide that he wants to go on his current private plane or does the Secret Service have the last word?

Also, are you being sarcastic when calling the US the greatest country on the planet? What is that based on? Being a super power?
I don't think that any country with deep social divisions on every important issue, massive social inequality, a broken health care system and an education system that is falling behind the developed world (and parts of the developing world) can be called "great".

Outsourcing is taking the jobs and anyone that says otherwise is in denial. The biggest indcator is the engineering industry anyone that disagrees with that needs to look at the tech industry. I could care less what these gender study majors plead for. This affirmative action crap hurts asian american/white males the most. Imagine companies required to meet quotas because of these feminist. America is nation that should always cater to the strongest/hardest workers not some emotional sentimental pseudo liberal. Hilary is probably doing the stanky leg as we speak and Bill well looks like he went from interns to playgrounds.
When I see Trump supporters, I see this:

132916-they-took-our-jobs-gif-FKqS.jpeg

I think when they realize that Trump schedule will be mainly focused on making Trump great again, there will be a lot to be left very sore...
I just don't get it that people don't see throu his charade...
All the white working class thinking he will help them... he actually despise people like that

But well the world keeps turning. We'll see how this will unfold in the next years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back