Post a pic of your pet(s)!!

• Thread starter BlackZ28
  • 2,745 comments
I won't know before saturday of next week, which is when she has her appointment with the vet.

It's a good move IMO. We had Holly done straight after her first season. It was unbelievable how her personality/behaviour changed when she was on heat. It's also recommended to avoid various womb-area diseases and cancers too 👍

It's all in the hormones. I've got the misses booked in for next week ;) 👍

?

The probably not needed "also" at the end? I changed my sentence a bit, and left it there.

Oh, guess I read that wrong. I thought it was a crack at his ex.

Wow, just wow. That is by far one of the more beautiful cats I have seen. Many often just "have" cats, but this one... The shine, the clear colours of its eyes, very cute looking cat!

Either that, or you're tricking us with the crappy camera joke while you're actually shooting with a kick-ass Nikon :P

Canon 400D, don't accuse me of having a Nikon :lol:

Snape is pretty funny kitty, not gonna lie. She also has an array of action poses that make me think of a Pokemon :P

Your Dog is Gorgeous! Does His/Her Tail need alot of Grooming?
P.S Nice Bike! :):)

No not really, just the usual like any hairy Dog.

[/QUOTE] What a cute dog!
Hey, man. Finally some pics of your bike there[/QUOTE]

Yeah both my babies

9632_159608981488_663611488_2518322_272535_n.jpg

My Puppy Stella.

n663611488_1572936_5153062.jpg

My Ducky (as a duckling) from when I was young.

Our newest member

dsc00027f.jpg

:)

.... And this is what he'll look like when he gets older... Pic of one of my cats :D His name is Wicked and he looked exactly like your little one when we first got him....

DSC01323.jpg

I actually took some decent pictures with my Camera Phone, most photos turn out crap.
Aaaanyway, its my cat again.

Lolwut? How long has he lived on your roof, its a weird pet that doesnt live long:lol:.

Ehhh...he's been around for about 3 days now. Scared the bejeezus out of my mum the other night; had to tell her he was one of us now 'fore she killed him. Or her.

Ehhh...he's been around for about 3 days now. Scared the bejeezus out of my mum the other night; had to tell her he was one of us now 'fore she killed him. Or her.
How the hell does a bug half a centimetre big scare someone?

How the hell does a bug half a centimetre big scare someone?

She have been baked and saw it crawling out of the corner of her eye, thinking the ceiling was moving.

Or, it could have peed on her. I'm not really into speculation on the matter.

.... And this is what he'll look like when he gets older... Pic of one of my cats :D His name is Wicked and he looked exactly like your little one when we first got him....

DSC01323.jpg

I sure hope he will look as tough as yours :lol:. So far he hijacked my chair and sleeping on it :grumpy: .

I sure hope he will look as tough as yours :lol:. So far he hijacked my chair and sleeping on it :grumpy: .

Mine decided to wake me up rather creatively. I have a bedside table (beside my bed obviously) with a clock radio and one of those tall lamps with adjustable high and crap. Aaaanyway, my cat loves rubbing on stuff and when I am not awake in the morning he just kinda does stuff in my room until I do so much as move.

He always begs to be fed right at the crack of dawn every morning, this morning he rubbed on the lamp and it fell down off the beside table and the bit at the end with the light in it smacked me in the side of the head. Obviously I moved and next thing you know he is all over my bed pawing me in the face and meowing at me until I give in and feed him.

Thats how I got woken up this morning 👎.

Let me know if getting her spayed has any affect on her aggressive behavior. My Doberman is like that too, but she's a purebred with papers so we're waiting to spay her as a last resort.

Alright, I haven't gottent her spayed yet but I took her to the vet last week and he told me a few logical things.

First off, getting her spayed will NOT make her stop hunting small animals... which I already knew. It's her instincts and she'll always hunt small animals. The only way to stop her from doing that is putting her to sleep. I personally couldn't care less about the small animals (cats, mice, squirrels, possums, etc.), though my mum gets all mad and sad whenenver Mishka appears with a new victim.

Second, the lump on her left ear wasn't a cat bite. I was putting some unguent and stuff on it to make the wound close, but there wasn't any wound. The best guess is that she bumped her ear at some point (possibly chasing the cat(s)) and now she's got a bit of blood accumulation there. The doc gave me somehting like Ben-gay which I have to apply 2-3 times per day to sort of soften up the lump and hopefuly make it be reabsorbed into the body. If that doesn't happen, she's going to need surgery and they have to keep the wound open for about 5 days and let it ooze... and make her wear the thing that looks like bucket, which I'm trying to avoid like the plague. So we'll see at the end of this week how that goes.

Third, her aggressiveness lately could've been caused because she was in pain in her ear. The same day she came back from the vet, she was her usual, happy, loveable self. The doc put some painkiller and shaved off her ear so the cream would go on easily... she looks horrible, but seems happier since there doens't seem to be much pain. She also lets me massage her ear with the cream with little resistance, so I think it's helping. She hasn't growled or jumped on my mum's dog and it pretty nice to everyone.

Fourth, the spaying surgery isn't as expensive as I initially thought, though the decision to go through with it has always been there. She's going in tomorrow for her blood tests and hopefuly will have the surgery on thursday. Anesthesia isn't injected but rather inhaled, so there's little to no hangover from it and she's should be back to normal quickly enough.

And that's about it. I'll know more tomorrow when I take her for her blood tests. It's probably the big day will not be thursday, but as I said, tomorrow I should know.

Right-o! Mishka goes under the knife on Monday morning.

Blood results turned out what could be a bit of an infection so she's on antibiotics starting today and on vitamins, but the infection is pretty subtle, so it shouldn't affect her surgery. Kidneys, liver, heart, lungs and all organs are perfect! A very healthy dog (said the vet!).

Good to hear! How large is the lump on her ear that you thought was a cat bite? Hopefully that turns out well. My parents dog had to have a wound on her neck opened to let "ooze" and heal properly after being bitten by a muskrat (we knew it was a muskrat by the fact that it was dead on our front lawn, so I guess she did technically win). Its pretty gross for a couple of days, but afterwards it just looks like a nasty hole until it heals over.

We've priced out how much it is to get Mercedes spayed, and unfortuantly learned that its more after they've gone through a heat (which I'm assuming Mishka has). I'm still on the fence on whether to breed her though as a lot of people have told me to because of her looks, but don't want to get stuck with any unwanted puppies. But I guess for her health I have to do one or the other as not doing either is the worst thing for them.

The spaying isn't as much as I thought it could be. To be honest, I was quite surprised at the price, since everything in this country costs triple the usual at least ($11 for a Big Mac, no kidding!... $130 for a pair of Converse all-stars sneakers). The spaying comes to around $550. And yes, it's cheaper if she hasn't been in heat ever, but that's not even close to the case here, since Mishka will be 6 in January.

Anyway, I bought the antibiotics already and some multi-vitamins, which are pretty neat.

My girlfriend wants to have our dog neutered because people say this calms down very active dogs, which is his case, but I'm against it for now.

My girlfriend wants to have our dog neutered because people say this calms down very active dogs, which is his case, but I'm against it for now.

It doesn't work right away, and the difference isn't significant. My grandma neutered her dogs and when I came over a week later, she was like, "What the heck is that?"

Dont do it, I think its a bit cruel and it changes their personality. If the dogs too active just take him for a longer walk or more walks. If that doesnt work threaten him and say 'if your not a good boy we will have to snip it.' He should straighten up after that....

Back