Primus Ortus

Thanks all for the help on picking the banner. 👍:dopey: As you probably already know (because I say it all the time), the DTRs/GTRs are my favorite to drive, along with the Class C beasts. Well, in third place goes the Super GTs. I'm glad PD thought enough to make many of them premium. :) Here's a small update with some old pics with new edits. I hope you like them. :)

Last edited:
Thanks 20832! The last one is a single pic. I added a light source in the upper left corner to brighten the original dark photo, increased the yellow and red curves to warm the picture, increased the contrast, softened the edges to fix some jaggies, added a slight amount of noise and a light vignette, removed the logo and added a signature. I think that's about it.

Thanks for the comments all. Well, I think I have all the NSX variants by now, and along with the RM version, they are some of my favorite cars to drive. I hadn't done the last Seasonal Event time trial and thought I'd give it a go. I was having some difficulty getting gold with a 370Z, most likely because it was too heavy, but broke out my old '04 NSX. I got it down to 1100 kg and 445 HP and got gold in one try. Unfortunately, that still makes me something like 24,000 in the rankings...:indiff: Nevertheless, and despite my poor driving, I still managed some photos. I hope you like them:

Be sure to click on them!

Bonus shot (the rest to come later...)

NSX is looking great - love the composition and angles in these shots. Bonus looks great too. 👍

Love the bright crisp colours I'm your shots, and their simplistic scenery looks great with the bright car. Great work 👍

Did my buddy Roj set the NSX up for your photoshoot? :lol:

The left shot on the 3rd row didn't really catch my eyes, but other than that, magnificent. The way you blur the background in the wheel closeups... They're unique.

Looking forward to the Lambo shots.

Hey, Primus. I've viewed your recent work. But to be honest it's not as good as your usual works. In the newest update, the first two look great. But the others are all average for you. The last one looks good though. 👍 :drool:

Thanks everyone for the comments and visits. It's interesting - since I've been on GTPlanet I've seen everyone's photo quality get better and better. My taste in photos and editing has changed as well. I think this last set is an example of that. I happen to love the first two shots of the NSX with the wheels and the rest I like because of the simple composition and angles. The set before this one was simple as well, and emphasized realism over artistry - the colors in the first two were more subdued and the sky was grayed out. In this next set, I scrapped it all and went for color - my favorite color, blue. If I were to have a Lambo in real life, I think it would be this color. My favorite is the vertical rear-end shot. Be sure to click on them for Lightbox view, it really does make a difference. :)

Oh, and this is the picture that inspired this last set. I took this one with a point-and-shoot camera out of my side window while going 75 mph southbound through Nevada from Reno to Vegas:

I like this style, maybe not all the time but it's nice to change it up every now and then. :)
Have to agree with you on the favourite (vertical rear shot). 👍

This set is awesome. The colours go together well and they just work. Despite what I say I love all of your work. ;) Good to see you experimenting. 👍 :drool:

Brilliant. I like everything. The one that truly stands out for me is the 2nd, 3rd and last ones.

Last image is suggestiv scene. Very very good.

The rest of the shots are fabulous, especially where it appears that tree background! 👍👍👍

I like this style, maybe not all the time but it's nice to change it up every now and then. :)
Have to agree with you on the favourite (vertical rear shot). 👍

Thanks Nato - like you said, it's just a temporary change-up for fun. The next two updates are similar, in that they focus on a specific artistic style.

This set is awesome. The colours go together well and they just work. Despite what I say I love all of your work. ;) Good to see you experimenting. 👍 :drool:

Thank you Skython. :)

Brilliant. I like everything. The one that truly stands out for me is the 2nd, 3rd and last ones.

Thanks uMadson - I like the 2nd, 3rd, and vertical rear shot the best myself. :sly:

Great Shots!

Thank you!

:drool::drool::drool: Beautiful shots. :drool::drool::drool:

Hehe, thank you ashes.

Last image is suggestiv scene. Very very good.

The rest of the shots are fabulous, especially where it appears that tree background! 👍👍👍

Thanks Loading, I like the tree shot as well.

Well, this new update is a change in a different direction. The last Lambo in blue emphasized the sky, softness, and mood. This next update accentuates warmth and contrast. The focus here is on light and shadow.

Miura in Red

A little panning mode "1" action:

Last edited:
Ooh. Very lovely shots indeed. :) I guess you got a little inspiration from ceiling_fan's Miura Bros.? :D

The color of the Lamborghini is really very nice. :drool: 👍
The tones in all the photos are beautiful, you've managed to convince me to take the Miura ... but 20,000,000! :( :nervous:
Congratulations indeed. :dopey: :)

Latest Posts

Back