Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
theRukus
ok i just did 3 laps of nurb in a yellow monaro (drove for about 25 mins straight)
first lap being the most shocking in terms of lack of control thanks to my new DFP :D
third lap being a vast improvement but still can be improved on A LOT: 8:41.179

anyways, im in the process of making a short monaro/nur vid as requested. it'll be on the first long straight then i spin out at the end :embarrassed:
btw, i need hosting :D

should take ages to make but u never know i might get lucky with this crappy program.

What are you using to capture the vid????

I got myself a Winfast TV2000 XP Expert Capture Card, and it is easy as p*ss to work with. Good thing is you can record in 720x576 resolution, WMV format, but select the kbps, anything over 1200 is near perfect quality, just not as clear as 10,000kbps would be. Not too sure on filesize per second, but shouldnt be too much.

Anyone wanting to capture vids, i recommend this card, best $90 i ever spent.

BROCKY
What are you using to capture the vid????

I got myself a Winfast TV2000 XP Expert Capture Card, and it is easy as p*ss to work with. Good thing is you can record in 720x576 resolution, WMV format, but select the kbps, anything over 1200 is near perfect quality, just not as clear as 10,000kbps would be. Not too sure on filesize per second, but shouldnt be too much.

Anyone wanting to capture vids, i recommend this card, best $90 i ever spent.

i have one of those too. i'd rather go for the HDTV cards tho. they're almost down to the same price as normal tv cards.

the problem with my winfast software is, is that it cant recognize PAL-60. it has a green bar at the bottom of the vid :|

can u please tell me which version you have of the winfast software?

theRukus
i have one of those too. i'd rather go for the HDTV cards tho. they're almost down to the same price as normal tv cards.

the problem with my winfast software is, is that it cant recognize PAL-60. it has a green bar at the bottom of the vid :|

can u please tell me which version you have of the winfast software?

I used to get the problem with half the screen appearing green. If i remember correctly i went into the settings and changed it from NTSC to PAL, but in this case i think you should change it to NTSC since thats the games format. Try that and let me know how you go.

Um another thought, incase that doesnt work try Ulead DVD Movie Factory. You can capture in there, not sure what formats and quality, but yeh a capture is a capture after all.

What if you drive a convertible in the rain or snow? Would the roof close? Does weather change during an endurance race? Does it get darker as you keep racing?

cobragt
rukus, do you have a hdtv that does 1080i? If so, please get a hd card, want to see gt4 in full force.

you can't capture 1080i, i don't think this will ever be possible, due to the fact that people don't need to. why? because they can just get digital quality instead, and capture the mpeg2 streams instead of analog signals that lose quality. meaning, the reason there are no 1080i capture cards, is because no one needs them.

RobcioPL
What if you drive a convertible in the rain or snow? Would the roof close? Does weather change during an endurance race? Does it get darker as you keep racing?

There is no real time weather effects (rain, snowing, etc..) so putting your roof up won't be neccesary :D

SaintKamus
you can't capture 1080i, i don't think this will ever be possible, due to the fact that people don't need to. why? because they can just get digital quality instead, and capture the mpeg2 streams instead of analog signals that lose quality. meaning, the reason there are no 1080i capture cards, is because no one needs them.
You never answered my question from the day before you jerk :P jk What res do you think gt4 renders the image in?

It's a glitch, it's sinking into the track. No damage. But this is the first time I've seen PD let the cars flip over.:odd: Photomode possibly?

There's been hundreds of pictures with cars flipping in this thread. I'm pretty sure it's either some random jumps on tracks that you can later put into Photo Mode, or a feature you can put into your photos.

Either way, it's happens somehow. :lol:

Ach, that's different. They decompiled it (I think) to see the different files. I wouldn't think it's that tough, I do something similar to websites sometimes to steal code hehe.

hey chaser fan you know how you brought the 22b, can you post a picture or video. also is it real nice to drive, or like in gt3 most 4wd's couldnt turn unless asm, tcs was off

hey, when you buy new exaust, does the appearance change? it looks quite nasty to see fully tuned supra with big wings and nice wheels but stock exaust.

Egghead
Camera views

There is something wrong with my tv card, i can't record "high quality vids" atm. If i set it too high it crashes. So the vids won't be very sharp. Sorry for that. More are coming.

New thread.. Hmm, good plan.

bedankt ;)

Still only 1 chase view 👎

Nope, the hypes still there, a lot of questions have been answered and info supplied thanks to people like Chaser fan and Maskrider and the others who've supplied info here on GT4. Theres just not many questions left unanswered that people can think of.

live4speed
Nope, the hypes still there, a lot of questions have been answered and info supplied thanks to people like Chaser fan and Maskrider and the others who've supplied info here on GT4. Theres just not many questions left unanswered that people can think of.
O i got a lot of questions and knwow it will probally be hard for people to answer them because its in asian language.

Questions like!

What can u upgrade on the engine?

What can u tune on the engine

How many tuning options for the engine are theyre?

How many tuning options for the chassis are there?

Are they any tuning options for the drive train?

What are the tuning options for the drive train?

How many tuning options for the drive train are they?

How many tracks are real?

How many tracks are of fantasy?

And i got a truck more load than that sitting on the list. *smiling*

Damn... here i am...a real Car fan/freak.

i didnt sleep now for about 32Hours. I was reading more then 20Hours about GT4 stuff..and some hours about Plasma TV's HDTV's... about 1080i stuff and progressive scan...and so. But i start at this Thread from page 1 and now im here page ahm i dont even know. 159?? that was about 2200 *peep* posts! and beside of that i was read a lot from other forum's like Ign... So thats the way it have to be... First read everything... Then start to post :)

1. Thanks for all those guys who help'd us with pics and infos and even video's... I order my GT4 JPN version 2-3days ago. so i hope i will get my GT4 this monday... And no... the guy from ups wont let it fall :P or he fall's to the ground from 30km/h to 0 in 1sec! :P

2. For all those drift fans...i think we wont get a Drift event. But we got some D1 (drift cars) Taniguchi's S15 and Nomuken's ER34 (Nissan Sklyine R34 serie's 2.5L Turbo FR not 4x4)... And i think because those cars are drift cars it have to be kind'a possible to drift with them... maybe not perfectly. But in some kind of way it will be cool... just wait for the result!

3. Because i was download nearly every pic / mp3 / video i found i have a folder full of GT4 stuff now... Any way after looking exactly i saw i have pics from the Mine's Skyline GT-R R34 N1 (once from ahmm i forgot the name) the guys with the tv-card who make some nice pics. with another one from the net i dont remember from which guy... anway. So both look like the same. But if you look right to the Power (HP/PS) you will se that on one version it have exactly 600HP and the on the other pic something like 598 or something... is that not weird?
can it be that the asian chinese version dont have same infos like japanese version? Because those pics wastn take from garage or so (that i can be tuned). :/

4. I think the same... after reading a lot about HDTV. and requirments. It looks like it would not be able to really use 1080i i mean it will resize/interpolate thats not that bad...until we have a better pic from a standart TV ;)
Now i was looking for one of the best Plasma-Screens...and i found it Pioneer's PDP-435XDE and i think thats the thing i have to buy this month...

So thats all... i know i write a lot...maybe some dont even car what i write. just skip this post :)
For me it was like 20hours waiting until i post. So you gays may understand maybe?

And btw... happy new year!

_3000GT
3. Because i was download nearly every pic / mp3 / video i found i have a folder full of GT4 stuff now... Any way after looking exactly i saw i have pics from the Mine's Skyline GT-R R34 N1 (once from ahmm i forgot the name) the guys with the tv-card who make some nice pics. with another one from the net i dont remember from which guy... anway. So both look like the same. But if you look right to the Power (HP/PS) you will se that on one version it have exactly 600HP and the on the other pic something like 598 or something... is that not weird?
can it be that the asian chinese version dont have same infos like japanese version? Because those pics wastn take from garage or so (that i can be tuned). :/

No, that happend in GT3 to, the engine wears out a bit, the more you drive with the car.

HAPPY NEWYEAR to ALL :cheers:

RedRiot
Convertibles: can the player choose to run with open/closed top before the race? Or it depends on the actual track? (Just like the headlights in GT3.) Every convertible can be opened, or are there some closed ones? (no detailed interior)

If it has been asked before, sorry, but just too many threads there these days. :)

Please answer this questions. I have been wondering about this, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back