Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIPERGTSR01
You guys are swaying off topic,

How often does the used car sections refresh with different cars?

Good question. I check every few days, it will tell you if they have refreshed the selection. So theres quite a bit of variety.

GT-One Lover
k wait a bit...
well guy at first u can look at ...blah blah blah ad nauseum...
...so that´s richt i hoffe!!!

Get a grip sonny, don't confuse a game with reality... Just because the promo blurb says "The Real Driving Simulator" it's not real life, believe me, I know :)

Ya need to get out and smell the daisies once in a while, now get back to your homework like a good boy, huh...

GT-One Lover:
I often wonder if you're over 12 years old!

1twojay!:
Oh! Good to see you're still here!
Have you seen power charts in GT4?

franz
Today I went out to check out GT4 in playstation store in Hong Kong
As I was expected, there is a GT4 tryout booth with the Chinese version
There are some kids freaking annoying and drive to make audience puked

Anyway, I played 3 times,
1. Motorsports Land + Amuse S2000 N1
Background is very simple, but quite a twisty track
so much fun to drive and drift
2. Cathedral Rock (I or II) + TVR V8S
This race I ended up against a S3, and AI smokes me instantly
Just because the gear shifting so slow, vintage cars are too slow
There are some very tight corner, have to slow down a lot to avoid crash
3. Nurburgring + Ruf BTR
I had equip sports tires instead of race tires (by default)
Very nice experience, the AI are just too fast, I can’t catch them until half uphill
But I really enjoy the sound and the drift …. Lovely

There are many tracks haven’t unlocked in arcade mode
I want to try LeMans but not there yet
Also I finally see backfire live, very nice
Then I see a guy played Dodge Ram at Swiss Alps, slow as hell
Anyway, I am planning to go there again and try out some nice cars like Cizeta, SLR, Pontiac GTO, etc….

Ps – I saw a copy version in some mall, some cops arrive after 5 mins
And they closed the door immediately
Also I see some game shop have their GT4 running, and I check out the intro again
Really nice … much better than I saw on pc

Haha, cops are tight on bootleg in Taiwan too, but most stores that sell them are keen enough to keep their merchandise hidden. Most stores have a little selection of real products on display, just to make the store look legit, but there's always stacks of disc hidden somewhere..... :)

Could I get this question answered please. Someone else asked it and I think its the only question worth while answering in the last couple of pages.

Is there power curves in the game like in GT2?

Thanks mate.

PS. You guys would more likely have your questions answered if you wouldnt bombard the poor guy(s) with questions (most of them stupid like, could you take screens of cars that were already in GT3).

A locked different thread with all the already questions answered would stop all the repeated questions.

hi, just a few questions for those of you who have the japanese GT4

* Could someone make a foto of the Nissan 300ZX '83 ?

* Is the "reverse gear" still just a Button on the controler or is it a "gear" like the forward gears and has to be used with the L and R buttons ?

* How is the "car-winning-system" ? is it like GT3 or like GT2?, because I really hated it in GT3 that most cars could only be won once in the game. GT2 was mucht better because there every time you did the race you won the car, not just once...

* Do the used cars already have miles/km's on the odometer when you buy them ?

* Does the game still has 2 player battle in it?

and the last one:

* Could someone make a photo of the Toyota AW11 MR2 '86 N/A model in sherwoon toning with some 5spoke wheels on it (Rays had some very similar to my own ones in GT2 and GT3) on a nice and light setting? :P :P

nah just kidding, any picture of this car would do, I'm just wondering if they got the color right this time so that it's green instead of black ;)

well, then now I'm gonna work my way thru these 96 pages :P

Hebruins
hi, just a few questions for those of you who have the japanese GT4

* could someone make a photo of the Toyota AW11 MR2 '86 N/A model in sherwoon toning with some 5spoke wheels on it (Rays had some very similar to my own ones in GT2 and GT3) on a nice and light setting? :D :D

for details on those wheels, see my site

well, then now I'm gonna work my way thru these 96 pages :P

You gotta be kidding me.

Stop asking for screens. You can see the cars when you get the game! Or go do a google image search on them.
Ask valid questions about the game that (ie, the power graphs question I asked earlier :) ).

I know that if I had gt4, I certainly wouldnt be making screens. At the very most, I'd just eb answering just a few questions.

XPLOSV
Could I get this question answered please. Someone else asked it and I think its the only question worth while answering in the last couple of pages.

Is there power curves in the game like in GT2?

Thanks mate.

PS. You guys would more likely have your questions answered if you wouldnt bombard the poor guy(s) with questions (most of them stupid like, could you take screens of cars that were already in GT3).

A locked different thread with all the already questions answered would stop all the repeated questions.

Yes there is.

1twojay
Yes there is.

Oh thanks! They misteriously disappeared in GT3, while they were very useful!

Did you happen to install higher stage turbos (3/4) on your cars? Do these parts give huge lag like they did in GT1 or do they unrealistically boost power at every rpms without any drawback like in GT2/3 ?

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Oh thanks! They misteriously disappeared in GT3, while they were very useful!

Did you happen to install higher stage turbos (3/4) on your cars? Do these parts give huge lag like they did in GT1 or do they unrealistically boost power at every rpms without any drawback like in GT2/3 ?
Thats another good question. In GT3, it was way unrealistic and made the game pretty crappy in some respects I think. The R34 GTR could have 1000hp and have power that would almost seem linear.

twojay, could you enlighten us with your infinite wisdom?

I have a really good question and i'd like the PM to the answer plz. since by the time i get to check it, this thread will have a million replys.

How is drifting/driving in full 900 mode in gt4????

I'll just post a thread asking if i dont get a reply. :indiff:

1.Is there a PNEALTY in EVERY race??? And really 5 sec.?? In the PAL version it was 10 seconds!!!

2.how is the A-Spec point-system??? Is it easy to get much?? so THE MORE YOUR CAR IS TUNED THE FEWER YOU GET POINTS???

3.Can you make photos of the cars(in photomode) with a default(just a white or other simple) background, so that you always have the same background just with different cars????

From what I've read, there is no drift mode and thank god. Drift is the most overated form of motorsport ever. *EDIT: this is my opinion*

drifting is indeed the most difficult thing in motorsport...it´s just so difficult to handle a car which is breaking out and to keep a car in this dramatic situation and when you do that well you have just BIG FUN!

Yes, I cant quite drift an entire track but I can link a few corners. I find it more enjoyable to tune a car and get the best lap times. Each to their own.

Anyway, we are going off topic and someone is going to have a fit :crazy:

XPLOSV
From what I've read, there is no drift mode and thank god. Drift is the most overated form of motorsport ever.

Who said it was a motorsport? Besides how can drift be overrated IF IT ISN'T THAT WELL THOUGHT OF IN THE FIRST PLACE? Please stop.

GT-One Lover
no...they corrected it a bit...now it has #3 instead of #1 👍
but one thing is the same since GT3: that Toyota should be one of the fastest LM cars but it is one of the SLOWEST :guilty: 👎 :grumpy: !!!...and the R390 is one of the fastest though it has just 558PS and 1020kg!!!! :yuck: :crazy:
...lol i love this "nissan-oriented" game...
Not the brightest are you, the GT-One is not the fastest LM car, the R8, LMR and Speed 8 should all be faster than the GT-One. Also in GT2 and GT3 the GT-One has always recorded faster lap times than the R390 with the odd exeption, both cars were insanely fast.

in GT3???...well i could drive faster lap times with the R390 on every track cause the nissan just was a bit softer to drive and when you watch the KI´s battling you see a R390 at the front and a irritating GT-One at the end.The Toyota is in GT2 as fast as it should and after GT3 totally irritating slow. END OF DISCUSSION, k?

l33tc4k30fd00m
Who said it was a motorsport? Besides how can drift be overrated IF IT ISN'T THAT WELL THOUGHT OF IN THE FIRST PLACE? Please stop.
In Australia, it has been granted such status. WTF do you thing D1 is, a circus show?
And what are you talking about well thought of? So D1 is a very unorganized event????

PS, I should have said in my first statement that it was my opinion.

GT-One Lover
in GT3???...well i could drive faster lap times with the R390 on every track cause the nissan just was a bit softer to drive and when you watch the KI´s battling you see a R390 at the front and a irritating GT-One at the end.The Toyota is in GT2 as fast as it should and after GT3 totally irritating slow. END OF DISCUSSION, k?
Then thats your fault for not being good enough at driving the GT-One, the records tell the true story and as expected the GT-One is faster round most tracks than the R390 when driven well in GT3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back