PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
MÜLE_9242;6713103
Does that make me a sub-human, then?

I've always considered myself to be the Aliens' Bitch/Slave, because that's how I feel after I've raced against them :indiff:

MÜLE_9242;6713103
Does that make me a sub-human, then?
Nah. You're just part of the herd, one in 6+ billion. :sly:

Anyways, since Adam already put up a video of aliens racing, I put up a vid showing that, yes, humans were also in the field. :lol:

So I have all the cars broken in now if there's any appetite to do any machine testing later tonight (so far the hockey game looks like it's worth watching).

Had a chance in doing some quick testing of my Corvette with the revised specs. At Nurburgring D, couldn't break a 32, but I was close, getting around 33.0/33.1. With Rome, hit an 11.97 but I'm more around the 12.1-.3 mark depending on that last set of corners. Wear on both track is four laps before they begin dropping off.

Tried the Evora and realized I can't tune MR cars to save my life. :lol:

Nah. You're just part of the herd, one in 6+ billion. :sly:

Anyways, since Adam already put up a video of aliens racing, I put up a vid showing that, yes, humans were also in the field. :lol:

I see your video and raise you the view back with the normal's on my dashboard in D2.

^I love the pit crew on the track at 5:29.
That's the fastest pit crew I've ever seen! :dopey:

Just ran the M3 at Rome. Wear's about the same as the Vette while my times were around 12.3-.5's.

Also did the 370Z. Honestly, I don't like how it drives but I ran the same times as the M3. Based on my splits, a 12 flat is possible. I did notice my fronts wore a little worse although I'm not sure if that had to do with setup.

Last edited:
- Jay2DaB329
- 370Z
- Custom Team #2

Played around with the 370Z last night and felt pretty good to drive so if that last spot is still open I'd like to join. I'm assuming I'll be teamed up with the Reality since that's the only team that doesn't already have 2 drivers.

Another Jay! :P Hi Jay B :)

And you assumed correct. Welcome. 👍 Make up a team name, and decide on your (sensible) body and wheel colours between yourself and Reality.

With Jay joining, that's 25 people who have/want to sign-up. Is there any body on the list who thinks they cannot attend at least half of the races and wouldn't mind being a reserve? Let me know please.

I've changed the reserve role so that you can now gain points, just not in the team standings (since you won't be part of a team and have a team mate). Reserves can also drive any car they wish. Full-time drivers still have priority in joining the grid of the race.

Last edited:
Since the 370Z team is red, might I suggest "Stratco Racing"?
Sounds kinda cool to me.:P

David+Reynolds+Clipsal+500+V8+Supercars+Practice+iAE74RNPyvIl.jpg

Awesome, I have a team mate :)! Just opened a practice room for Rome if anyone cares to join me:

Ok room number: 1472 - 6118 - 4259 - 7712 - 2068

Last edited:
I was going to do some tyre wear testing... but I have less and less time spare time now and I want to study quite a bit for my 3 new modules. Seems only a handful of people are willing to help out anyhow, which is fine, but now I can't be arsed either. :P:)

Will post my best laps with each car for Rome, and unless something stands out, I'll be keeping the specs the same. That's unless a few people are still willing to test in which case any suggestions to change the specs are welcome.

I was going to do some tyre wear testing... but I have less and less time spare time now and I want to study quite a bit for my 3 new modules. Seems only a handful of people are willing to help out anyhow, which is fine, but now I can't be arsed either. :P:)

Will post my best laps with each car for Rome, and unless something stands out, I'll be keeping the specs the same. That's unless a few people are still willing to test in which case any suggestions to change the specs are welcome.

Tbh we could probably do all the testing for you in a 16 lap race like you were doing? Just means we need one of each car there. Tbh I think it's possible you could setup a room where we use each car from your garage, I know I've done it before. We could then just do a 16 lap race and report to you tyre wear.

Yeah but then you have different driving styles, different constitencies between drivers etc.

Going out drinking ciao!!

I've updated the specs on my car but haven't even bothered to drive it. May do that tonight after I qualify for the RX-7 race if I have time before Ghost Hunters starts.

Got down to a 1.13.721. Was quite pleased with that, been tweaking the car handling a fair bit though. Not sure if new settings will make the tyres last tbh.

I know it's a bit late, but i got inspired by you guys making videos and made my first one. No idea why it didn't record on 16:9 though.

First minutes of the D2 race:

[/QUOTE]

Bad ass race, good driving, thanks for the upload, nice coverage 👍

For some reason, I forgot about the Camaro. I already mentioned I'm not good at tuning MR cars so I skipped the Evora. These are my impressions of the cars at Rome:

BMW M3: Love how it's nice and balanced. Yet, I keep getting around 12.3~12.5s. For some reason, it can't carry speed into the high banked corner. Compliant in the last sector, probably the most consistent. Tires start wearing off after 4 laps.

Aston Martin: Similar times/wear to the M3. For a car with good weight distribution, the nose felt piggish, refusing to rotate until I start burning up the rears.

370Z: I almost ran an 11.9 with this car. Unfortunately, the nose is worse than the Aston, not going where I want it to go. Fronts are wearing a little more too. Brakes are "squishy", if that makes sense.

Maserati: Ran a 12 flat. Wear's similar to M3. Not exactly great cornering speed, although I was more comfy with it than the 370Z. It could be just me, but this car hauls in a straight.

Corvette: Ran a 11.86. Wear's similar to M3. Handling feel is a tad numb, so that gets me in trouble sometimes, especially in the last sector where it's often a matter of "throw it in there and hope it sticks."

I only got a chance to drive the Corvette and M3 at Nurb D. Both cars ran about the same (33 flat) although I liked the M3 better.

Tried the following cars at Rome with current specs:

Maserati (my car) - Ran a best of 1'11.7 and a number under 1'12, however as this is my car for the series, I spent a good amount of time in this.

370Z - Ran a best of 1'11.8 once I put Racing Hard tyres on (Sport Soft weren't cutting it, ;) ). I actually quite like it here, but seemed tricky to be consistent.

Corvette - Easy to drive and hit a 1'11.9 fairly early on, backed up with a 1'12.0. Just felt a nice solid car which I think would be quick here with a bit of loosening up.

M3 - Smooth car, but seemed to lack some straighline speed. Very consistent with a best lap of 1'12.2

Evora - Handles really well, but still has a speed deficit over the top 3 here, which seems to be needed at Rome. Quickest car for me in final sector, but best lap of 1'12.2 also.

Camaro - Still a bit slow, but stops and handles very well and easy through the fast chicane. Around the 1'12.2 also due to losing time in the first 2 fast sectors.

I only ran each of the other cars for about 15-20 minutes each with a quick tune thrown on them. Specs seem good to me for the season track list.

Back