PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Nice videos guys. Added links to them in the OP.

Nice to see some tests going on as well, and the results look good. The specs won't change before the Rome race so you can start qualifying now. :) If only it was that easy. :P The only place that is dirty at Rome is all the walls, and the large green concrete section at the last corner. Keep at least 2 wheels on the rumble strip there. Race info will be up tomorrow.

Reality and Jay B, please make up a team name and give me the colours of the body and rims of your car that you will be running. :)

Remember the qualifying deadline is 16:00 GMT on Saturday.

Nice videos guys. Added links to them in the OP.

Nice to see some tests going on as well, and the results look good. The specs won't change before the Rome race so you can start qualifying now. :) If only it was that easy. :P The only place that is dirty at Rome is all the walls, and the large green concrete section at the last corner. Keep at least 2 wheels on the rumble strip there. Race info will be up tomorrow.

Reality and Jay B, please make up a team name and give me the colours of the body and rims of your car that you will be running. :)

Remember the qualifying deadline is 16:00 GMT on Saturday.

Team name we might have got decided, colour still in progress. I'd be right in assuming we only get one chance to qualify btw :)? Seems like a stupid question, but I'd rather check.

Okay no problem. Yes you only get one chance. :P

I get a better view from the back of the grid anyway... Could you do a massive favour maybe? Put a video up of your 370Z lap? Or possibly share a tune? I've been trying this (limited knowledge of tuning):

Ride Height: -8 -8
Spring Rate: 10.5 10.5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Camber: 3 3.5
Toe: 0.10 0.50

LSD Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Braking: 20

Transmission: Top Speed 155, Final 3.692

It's a shockingly bad attempt right :)?

Edit: Just upgraded to a 1.13.457 on my second lap of default settings. Going to attempt to reduce the understeer.

Last edited:
I get a better view from the back of the grid anyway... Could you do a massive favour maybe? Put a video up of your 370Z lap? Or possibly share a tune? I've been trying this (limited knowledge of tuning):

Ride Height: -8 -8
Spring Rate: 10.5 10.5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Camber: 3 3.5
Toe: 0.10 0.50

LSD Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Braking: 20

Transmission: Top Speed 155, Final 3.692

It's a shockingly bad attempt right :)?
I consider myself a noob turner. However, there's some general changes I make from default for all FR cars.

Ride Height: Raise front by 5 over rear
Spring Rate: Raise front springs by 2 over rear
Dampers: This, I'm still trying to figure out. However, I'm now doing 5/6 (C) and 6/5(E).
ARB: I usually leave it at 3/4 for both.
Camber: Almost always 2.0/1.0 although I sometimes add .1 to the rear.
Toe: I usually leave the front at 0. With the rear, it's dependent on the track. I usually put -0.05 in the rear, and adjust as needed.
LSD: This is a moving target. My Corvette loves 15/25/10, but the Z hates it. I usually start at 10/30/10.
Transmission: Based on track. Generally, I'll adjust the gears so that I'm high in the rpm range for certain corners. Car turns better that way

heh, my base-line diff is always 5/15/5
interestingly exactly 1/2 of yours.

I'm going to have to get some testing in. Haven't turned a single lap yet this week. After the Nurb race just haven't had the motivation.

Is there anyway to turn off ghost car btw? I keep stacking it into the wall in the fast chicane because it's in the way. As for the tunes:

TnJF: how can you drive a car like that lol? I found it really had lots of understeer, especially in the long right then left hander not far from the start.

Outlaw: real twitchy, but didn't quite work for me.

I just did a slight tune on stock settings on brake bias & got down to a 1.13.457.

Always test in your lounge or a public lobby with tyre wear on and grip reduction to real. Testing offline in practice mode will give you little indication as to what pace you are actually running at.

Always test in your lounge or a public lobby with tyre wear on and grip reduction to real. Testing offline in practice mode will give you little indication as to what pace you are actually running at.

I did try to, but I don't know how to make my own room while servers are having maintanence work done (how long...). Also, is there a limit on the ABS? Currently have it set to 1.

I did try to, but I don't know how to make my own room while servers are having maintanence work done (how long...).
IIRC, for another 3 hours. Might as well put testing aside for now, unfortunately. :indiff:

If the servers are up tonight, I'll probably Q my Corvette. I can't begin to say how much better this car is than the BMW Z4. 👍

IIRC, for another 3 hours. Might as well put testing aside for now, unfortunately. :indiff:

If the servers are up tonight, I'll probably Q my Corvette. I can't begin to say how much better this car is than the BMW Z4. 👍

I liked it but I weep when I look at its power curve; or power line and torque blip as the case is. :lol:

Yeah your offline times will be off by quite a bit from the online times. Physics are different.

Managed a 1.13.721 online last night. Just tried putting ABS on 10 and brake balance on 8 10. Didn't see any improvement from ABS on 1 balance 3 5. Confused tbh.

Hey Reality, and I have a color idea, found it last night I'll try to capture a shot of it and post it later.

I need to get some practice in, I still have yet to run a single lap around Rome. Hopefully I can get the car ready tomorrow night and get qualified.

Awesome solid time Rich 👍
Pretty happy with it although I ran a 11.76 in practice. For some reason, the grip in the last sector was much worse than I experienced in free run. I pretty much botched my first lap, only running around a 12.35 or so.

Shame I wasn't watching the thread here, I could have done my quail' too. Got some laps in and improved the Maserati to a best of 1'11.4xx, just hope to hook it up for a reasonable qualifier tomorrow night. :scared:

Back