PURE | Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Last Race Canceled

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 382 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great racing guys. Start was relatively clean. 👍

My car was only good for 2:03.3's on it's own with no drafting help, so I was unable to catch the leaders although I could hang on just enough to not loose a lot of time. I made a couple mistakes through Schumacher during the race which may have hurt my chances for 2nd place, but not going to complain about 3rd. :)

On to the next!

Good race guys 👍. Nice win Timeattack.

Start just seemed like a racing incident. You let off a little bit, and then you moved over in front of me. I should have compensated for the extra speed I was carrying into the first corner. In the end there wasn't much room so I pulled to the grass to avoid you.

Had some great battles with CSL and Carracerptp.

Looking forward to Spa.

Fun race for me. Had some good battles with GTP_gooners_17 and CSL. I only had 1 lap practice and changed everything on my tune after it. Started qualifying without any idea how the car would do. With that said I was only .2 off the 2:02.6 of Timeattack but lost a full second in the last sector (again, just like last week...)
My start was OK but I completely forgot how to driver with GT5s nasty draft push. Lost my pace and my rhythm. Pitting early seemed to help big time. Once I got clean air and didn't have anyone on my bumper I got back to running a few 3s again. Then with a few laps to go my tires died.
Well done Timeattack 👍

Vettel and his car are the best.

Decent race overall, started ok, following Jason for a bit, then Car screwed up and Jason got around, which split a gap between Jason and I once I got around Car.
Just finally built a little bit of a gap back to carracer and gooners when car pit, so I pit the following lap so he couldn't jump me.(he was about 2-3 seconds back)
Not only did I lose my gap I worked for, I lost the position and time, irritation and mistakes compounded and eventually I got a phone call that was enough of an excuse to park it gently next to the wall. :)

Fun race time though, chasing Jason to no avail and the back and forth between car and gooners, good stuff.👍
To the draft-fest! :D

If I only had a better setup...

Qualifying after such a long wait stunk. I got a grand total of two clean laps in, but fortunately, gooners went off at T1, allowing me a clean shot at Brock...

...except my car drove worse than a John Deere tractor weighed down by an elephant.

Eventually, Brock pulled away ever so slowly, while Jason got closer at the same rate. By the ninth lap, I was behind by four seconds, and the tires were beginning to fade. Exiting the chicane, I made the drastic move of coming in early, knowing that I have a knack for having a fast pits and subsequent outlap. It worked brilliantly, as I erased the gap. The fight was still on!

For the next few laps, it was driving like a madman as to force Brock into pushing his car as well. There was no way either could keep it up, and I hoped it wouldn't be me taking a beach trip.

Instead, Brock went it too hot at the hairpin, so he deliberately spun it out. I went by, shocked that for the second week in a row, an alien lost it in front of me. For a moment, I thought I had it in the bag.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Thanks to Brock's deliberate spin, he only ended up being 3 seconds behind, and with an ill-handling car, that gap was nowhere close to enough with so many laps to go. Even so, when he caught up, there was no way I was ceding the spot. Today was my birthday, and I wanted to win, dammit! :lol:

Unfortunately, I drove way too hard, so naturally, not only did I lost Brock's draft, Jason was hunting me down with fresher tires. The last lap, I all but blew it at the hairpin with the car going straight. I really had to work the brakes, and put maximum wheel, but I avoided a sandy vacation.

2nd... well, I finished ahead of Jason. I suppose that's a reasonable gift to myself. :sly:

Happy birthday Rich, didn't know. :cheers:
Shouldn't have been too bad of a birthday race. :)

FYI, if you don't know already, I'll be on vacation until Monday. Enjoy your race on Saturday, everyone...

...if there's even one. :nervous:

Oh. I forgot what I was running. I think it was close to that. Hopefully its good to compete. I need to get back on GT5. I've been playing too much Battlefield

Update: Yes sign me up to the list for the next race and practically every race after that =)

Last edited:
Can someone find out from Tony if he's racing on Saturday? He's banned from here so I couldn't send him a PM.

Confirmation.
I'll probably practice tonight if anyone's around, otherwise in the morning pre-race again for me.

Tony said he's short on time today and still has to qualify for JGTS, so he won't be able to make it.

I'll be opening a room for practice soon.

Sorry guys but I have to pull out of the series. I really have to rush home to make the races on time, and with the new WRS Academy, my efforts on Sat are going to be focused on that.

I've been trying to do a PURE series for quite some time but the timings never work out. A lot of great drivers here, and hopefully I can race you guys regularly in the future 👍.

Good luck!

I'll probably sit this one out. Doesn't sound like too many can make it today and I ended up coming down with a cold so my motivation to race isn't all that strong. Sorry guys...have fun if you do end up running the race 👍

That leaves us with 5 or 6 confirmed, including me.

And this is why I don't have the motivation anymore to run my own series.

I'm clear to race. I did a few laps and got a 25.8 so I'm over a second off pace but I like the car at this track.

We will probably still run, but I may shorten the race to ~30 minutes.

Edit: I'll need someone to help me with posting the room number. I have to use the PS3 internet browser, and my phone isn't working so I won't have a way to post it. When I create the room in 20 minutes, somone will need to follow me in and then post the number. 👍

Last edited:
Race room: 1472 6118 3615 5261 1415

Some of the best races I've had have been less than 8 people, so I'm still game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back