PURE | Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Last Race Canceled

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 382 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we delay these last 2 races till after JGTS?

Only one more week of JGTS and then we can spend more time on these. (nobody's getting any real practice)

What if we delay these last 2 races till after JGTS?

Only one more week of JGTS and then we can spend more time on these. (nobody's getting any real practice)

Yeah I haven't turned a single lap. Although I did the same last week and still managed to win, but that's only because of the low turnout. :sly:

If everyone agrees, then we can do that. Take a week off.

I'm back early. Great cars, a few cool old trucks. I finally got to see the 2012 ZL1 Camaro in person (for some reason I didn't bring a camera).
So no race? OK, I need time to fix my cars setup so it stops understeering like truck on RH tires.

I'm back early. Great cars, a few cool old trucks. I finally got to see the 2012 ZL1 Camaro in person (for some reason I didn't bring a camera).
So no race? OK, I need time to fix my cars setup so it stops understeering like truck on RH tires.
We have an Orange one at the dealer down the street, tis awesome.

More laps today:

32.304 | 27.270 | 23.530 | 29.612 = 1:52.716

Feels like there's more time out there, but the car's tricky to drive as is.

Feels like there's more time out there, but the car's tricky to drive as is.

I was going to run some laps today since I took a mental leave of absence from work, but only did some testing with the Fiat 500 then got sidetracked. I may not get any more game time until Friday night.

That's a nice laptime. What about your pace?
Yes, the car is so tricky. It has a lot of understeer.
Low 53s. Like you said, understeer galore, which makes pushing it every lap a dangerous proposition, especially with the wonky setup I have under me.

now that I don't have anything else occupying my GT5 I might be interested in running a couple races if you have room.

Whew! I checked and, yes, I am on Racing Hards. Just remember, what drives perfectly for you is an 18-wheeler for everyone else. :P

You guys just need to have patience. ;)

If you drove a real car the way you are driving this one in the game, it would do the same thing...

R1600Turbo
You guys just need to have patience. ;)

If you drove a real car the way you are driving this one in the game, it would do the same thing...

I will say that I ran consecutive 52s when I eased up on my entries. If I did that during the race, though, I'll likely get rammed from behind. Curse me and my slowga method. :lol:

I will say that I ran consecutive 52s when I eased up on my entries. If I did that during the race, though, I'll likely get rammed from behind. Curse me and my slowga method. :lol:
It's called slow in fast out, lost on many, fine art though.

The biggest "trick" is getting used to having other drivers up your ass entering corners, I could swear it's more about who can brake the latest than who can run the fastest laps sometimes. :lol:

When someone is right on me I tend to ease off and brake sooner and not as hard just so they have enough time to react. If I'm usually right behind someone, I'll try to stick the nose out before braking just in case. If I don't do that I usually end up rear ending them on accident. My reactions suck. :ouch:

Anticipation > reactions
Give or take a half second for reactions, in terms of racing they're useless. :crazy:

I don't have a set plan when following, other than when I'm setting up a pass. Everything else is just following to me.
When leading, I used to do things to "declare" I was slowing, etc, but have found better success just racing on like the other car isn't there at all.

The biggest "trick" is getting used to having other drivers up your ass entering corners, I could swear it's more about who can brake the latest than who can run the fastest laps sometimes. :lol:
Thanks to Jason, I'm used to someone following my tire tracks every lap. :lol:

My approach varies on who's following me. With many, I have an idea of how they drive, so I can anticipate what they are going to do.
When someone is right on me I tend to ease off and brake sooner and not as hard just so they have enough time to react.
...and if they don't, you get a love tap. :ouch:
If I'm usually right behind someone, I'll try to stick the nose out before braking just in case. If I don't do that I usually end up rear ending them on accident. My reactions suck. :ouch:
If I don't have enough of a run on someone to pass them, I like to tuck out of their draft for a second, pull back in, and coast for a split second before reaching my braking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back