Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Huh? :dunce:
I'm not going to post it all again for a third time, but he is correct. It was a hill climb car that RUF built & one of maybe 15-16 CTR2 Sports ever built.
Developed 700+ Hp & sold for $230,000 here in Dallas.
Wow, I never would have guessed it was a hill climb car by looking at that rear shot I posted, I thought it was just a plain old RUF someone customized. :dunce:

I had no idea it had been posted before since I haven't been here long, search function isn't much help in this situation. :ouch:

*Ferrari pic here*
Car is okey, the only thing I don't really like is the black wheels and that pink part. :yuck: Give it a set of chrome wheels and something other than pink on that part and it would look great. 👍
That is even awesomer.
Yep I like it too, if they can just do something about that front bumper, it would look great! :dopey:
Isn't it? Easily one of the greatest things posted in this thread, ever.
You like jacked up vehicles don't you? :sly:

*Porsche and Lamborghini here*
That Porsche is different, never seen anything like that before.

That Lamborghini I think I recall seeing it before unless it was something similar.

I also recall seeing a man who made a Veyron out of a Mercury Cougar and it actually looked legit! :drool:

Here it is:
article-0-0D01C66A00000578-966_964x475.jpg

Before I even watch the first video....is that glued together with peanut butter or caramel?
I think it's caramel! :lol:

This is unique...

And then I read this...

...And thought :lol: bad grammar, but then...

What the 🤬!?
Who would want leather headlights?!?!?!?! :crazy: That's just weird! Fix that and them wheels and it wouldn't be so bad.

-Fred-
That reminds me of a 3-Series, or an A4, I can't quite remember, from a show in Europe a few years ago that had leather-trimmed wheels. I can't find a picture of it, but I remember it was a black 4 door with dark orange or red BBS wheels, done in leather. Really useful those were.

I raise your leather-wrapped wheels a leather-wrapped car

305568.jpg

Reproduction body? I've been seeing a lot of these lately.

I don't know if it's a reproduction...they can get a bit tough. It might be but there is enough other garbage done to it to make it a bit too difficult to tell.

It would still look kind of rough that way. That said, I don't really like lowered Mustangs.

To me, this looks a lot better.

77929.jpg

3104475.jpg

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2006/04/earth_week_crui.html

Picking Editor's Choice from among these many fine hoopties was difficult, but in the end I felt the honor belongs to Preston Peterson of Seattle, Washington, and his nasty twin turbo '67 street & track 'Stang. Preston writes:

"I built a complete tube frame based on modern TransAm racecars in my driveway and hung the original sheetmetal plus Taiwan replacements. Suspension is built from Stock Car and TransAm racing pieces with 335 rear tires and 285 front tires. Engine is a twin turbo SBF that makes 700 hp to the wheels running 8 psi and pump gas. It idles at 18” of vacuum and was designed for street driving as well as road racing."

http://www.carter-engineering.com/preston67compcoupe.htm

Make sure you know what you're looking at before you judge it... else you'll end up looking like an idiot.

I knew the car would've have a funtional purpose modded that way, I just wanted to give a simple opinion about the height and fenders.

I knew the car would've have a funtional purpose modded that way, I just wanted to give a simple opinion about the height and fenders.

All of which make it functional. It's not meant to be pretty, it's meant to go fast.

Ford themselves have put out factory made Mustangs that were a lot more questionable than this, anyway. *cough*Mystichrome Cobra*cough*

All of which make it functional. It's not meant to be pretty, it's meant to go fast.

Ford themselves have put out factory made Mustangs that were a lot more questionable than this, anyway. *cough*Mystichrome Cobra*cough*

Hey I like the Mystic Cobras...

Wait

Damn you have a point.

Okay, I understood that before.

Wait a minute. HEY, I like the Mystic cobra! :(

DSC00084.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care how fast it goes it how much power it has. If I think it looks like 🤬 then I don't like it.

Terminator drivetrain aside I perfer the Original Mystic Cobra the '96. (I still kick my self for not trading my '95 for a '96 Mystic back in '00 when I had a chance.)

IMG6734-L.jpg

MysticCobra.jpg

I also recall seeing a man who made a Veyron out of a Mercury Cougar and it actually looked legit! :drool:

Here it is:
article-0-0D01C66A00000578-966_964x475.jpg

I think it's caramel! :lol:

Before I read your post I was thinking to myself while looking at the picture.., "Why would someone put cheap 🤬 gauty, and ugly wheels on a Veyron? But never mind hahaha!

Far from questionable just because you don't like it....

If I don't like it I have every right in the world to call something questionable. That's kind of the point of this thread.

Back