Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
No, said member gave his password away to loser 15 year old member who banned everybody who he felt had slighted him.

I was one of the people banned, luckily Jordan reversed it the same day.

I know that, I was following on from whatever the previous person said ;)

You're never too young to drive. You're too young to drive legally. I started driving when I was 6 y.o. and skiing when I was 7. lol

Thanks! Now I can't be a mod because I have no other reason why I don't have a BMW. :dopey:

Well, what if I don't have a car to drive? I don't think hijacking my neighbors Chrysler Sebring :yuck: or Buick Park Century :yuck: is a good idea.

Question: so did Jordan just come up one day and be like "hey, wanna be a mod?"

Last edited:
Serious question and I wonder if a mod or some mods or maybe even Jordan will answer this one.

Can you mods see (check out) how many PM's a member has send? Is it also possible for the GTP staff to check to whom a member has send PM's?

I'm almost certain that you can' read these PM but I wonder if you (mods super or not) can check how many pm's somebody wrote and to whom.
Moderators can view PM statistics, but I'm the only person who can actually read the messages.

Serious question: Maybe I've asked this before but do the mods have discussion, altercations, fights etc... in the mod forum?

Not so serious question: Do you give eachother warnings or mod forum infractions, hehe :P

Discussion, yes.
Altercation, rarely.
Fights? Find a picture of Pako, or Kent, or daan.
All 3 are way bigger than me, and 1 has an enormous baanhammer.
And he's Scottish. :P
Would you argue to the point of fighting? :scared:
Nah, me neither! :lol:

Not so serious question: Do you give eachother warnings or mod forum infractions, hehe :P

Not so serious answer: Yeah I banned Duke & Der Alta within my first week but they have this odd respawn function, and I've not tried it again. :eek: :P

Serious question: Maybe I've asked this before but do the mods have discussion, altercations, fights etc... in the mod forum?

I expect the infraction system works so that only the admins could infract other staff members, and super moderators over moderators. That's how our system works (replacing super mods with global mods). Doubt they'd ever get in to a position to infract another member of staff, it'd just be a case of removing staff priviliges.

Maybe I've asked this before but do the mods have discussion, altercations, fights etc... in the mod forum?

I'd say no, but some of the others might disagree...

I expect the infraction system works so that only the admins could infract other staff members, and super moderators over moderators. That's how our system works (replacing super mods with global mods). Doubt they'd ever get in to a position to infract another member of staff, it'd just be a case of removing staff priviliges.

The way I understood it, Super mods are mods of more than one section of the forum, while mods can only moderate one section and not another. Admins can mod the whole site.

I don't think any other hierarchy exists within that structure that effects infractions or the "power" one mod may have over another.

The way I understood it, Super mods are mods of more than one section of the forum, while mods can only moderate one section and not another. Admins can mod the whole site.
Super mods can mod the whole site too. I started as a mod in the GT4 forum only. I had the same powers I have now primarily in, but not always restricted to, the GT4 forum. As an example, I could ban an advertiser who had posted in the rumble strip, but couldn't do anything to move, close or delete the thread they had created. A super mod can do all of that, everywhere.

I don't think any other hierarchy exists within that structure that effects infractions or the "power" one mod may have over another.
Apart from a smaller area of modship, a mod has the same powers that a super mod has.

Not so serious answer: Yeah I banned Duke & Der Alta within my first week but they have this odd respawn function, and I've not tried it again. :eek: :P
Can I have that function/button too? :embarrassed:

Wait, so what if you moderate OUTSIDE of your given area.. like often? Do you get warned or is it OK?
I don't think that's even possible, software wise. Right?

Last edited:
Quick question for the mods: Is there any female being amongst your clan? If she exists, how do you manage to win ( hypothetically, you can't actually win) any discussion with her?

itgirlxx and Milford_Cubicle are married to SH and Famine respectively, so (obviously), through Famine and SH, they can rule GTPlanet.
*cackles*

Wait, so what if you moderate OUTSIDE of your given area.. like often? Do you get warned or is it OK?
Why would they get in trouble? daan already said that he could baan people anywhere on the entire site but couldn't close, move, etc. except for his area. If he didn't want him them be able to ban people (or any other task a Mod is able to do), Jordan would just change their permissions.

Good questions you raised. I do know one thing about the Mods here though, they are some of the best Mods you will ever see on any forum, just like this forum is one of the best forums you will ever be a part of. Great community here, and the Mods help it to stay that way, so respect your fellow Mods because they do a great job here and don't forget it.

Have you guys ever demoted a fellow moderator?

I'm sure that has happened, more than likely more than once. A forum I was once active in had problems with about 2 mods that were abusing the powers they were given and they were harassing members and deleting posts and a few other things that they shouldn't have been doing and they were both knocked back down. There is a reason Jordan picks mods here carefully:)

Have you guys ever demoted a fellow moderator?

Apart from the one that was banned, I think once a mod, always a mod. However there are a few who are no longer regulars and as such are inactive.

But I don't believe anyone has been demoted.

But I think you can be demodded and become a regular member again at your own request. Not saying that it happened, just that it is possible.

Yeah, that's what a STafff Emeritus is. Just a inactive mod.
That's not what I mean. I said going back to a regular member, just like you and me.

I can be totally wrong here but isn't that what happened with jump_ace?

Back