Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
talentless asked not to be a mod anymore but that was before the staff emeritus thing came into effect. so yeah, it's happened.

Dammit, sorry Daan.
No kikie it was a name joke because his name is talentless, referring to the people who go on x factor who can't sing.

Nope.
You can search on members by :
1. clicking on 'All forums', right under the banner,
2. clicking on 'View all users' at the bottom of the page, just above the list of connected users,
3. clicking on 'Search member'

Quick question for the mods: Is there any female being amongst your clan? If she exists, how do you manage to win ( hypothetically, you can't actually win) any discussion with her?
Basically, the wife tells me if I'd had enough GTP for the day.

talentless asked not to be a mod anymore but that was before the staff emeritus thing came into effect. so yeah, it's happened.

So far, I think he's the only one ask for a demotion, basically to become a "civilian" again. No reason given, probably just became busy. There's a number of mods who just become inactive, either on a greatly reduced basis or just stopped "showing up to work"; vat_man was one...real-life just got busier. Ghostrider just mysteriously left, as an example. Even though you're a moderator, you're still vulnerable to the realities of life, and that this is just another way to waste some time on the internet.

The real weakness of being a moderator is that you can't infract/ban/edit at other forums which dearly need some dolt-remover applied. Gawd, I hate most car forums.

Last edited:
I wonder....... .

Are all mods, again super or not, incredibly smart? Every time there is a new mod, he (I believe there are no new "she" mods?) knows so much about the mod rules and stuff. Are they getting a quick learn-the-mod-rules course before they are giving the mod status?

I just (correctly, I hope) assume that being a moderator is serious business and newcomers compensate their lack of experience with due diligence. That said, I know the important parts of the GTP rules, and give them clearance so I can stay out of trouble. I can't imagine a moderator, who will have both been here longer than I have, and are reasonably respectable people, so they'll know the rules from the start.

So what exactly are the "staff emeritus" suppose to be? I haven't been active until recently so I miss quite a lot of new things here...

Oh... :dunce:
But why do they call it that instead of just "moderators"?

They're old mods who may have left and come back or are just sorta busy. Off the top of my head I can only think of Swift who I haven't seen in forever, Misnblu who is around, and Mike Rotch who just got back to the site.

They're old mods who may have left and come back or are just sorta busy. Off the top of my head I can only think of Swift who I haven't seen in forever, Misnblu who is around, and Mike Rotch who just got back to the site.

I see... well kinda makes sense since not all of them are that active to be called moderators correct? Also I haven't seen Der Alta much either...

Edit: After a bit of searching I noticed LoudMusic is not a mod anymore? Oh how things have changed since I was gone. :guilty:

Last edited:
And myself as well. Sometimes real life takes over, things happen and then all of a sudden you're out of the loop.

Back