Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Oh boy. We have an issue on our hands then, now don't we.

:lol: :dopey:

You know, this reminds me of the Team Fortress 2 "Meet the Spy" trailer:

"It could be you! It could be me! It could even b--"
*Head gets blown off*

Oh boy. We have an issue on our hands then, now don't we.

What is this "we" stuff ? You got a mouse in your pocket ? :lol:

Abide by the AUP and there will never ever be any worries about who "secretly" may be looking over your shoulder ..... right ? 💡

What is this "we" stuff ? You got a mouse in your pocket ? :lol:

I was referring to myself and Dan, but I'll have to check my pockets just to make sure I don't have any hidden creatures living in there :scared:

:lol:

Nicksfix
Obviously you keep track of who bans who and for whatever reason it may be. But, which Moderator is leading the pack with the ban-hammer ?

As far as I know, the software doesn't keep a per-moderator scoreboard, but last I saw, roughly 3000-3500 members have been banned, although probably half of that were spammers. And the other half are also comprised of the "I'll return immediately, anyway" crowd, so it's a misleding number of actual individuals who have been banned.

There's a log, with time, date, username, mod, reason(s), copies of the offending data, and our notes. But there's no "banning averages" available, and compiling that data was never really worth my time.

Last edited:
I have a question, you say that half of those 3,000 or so were spammers...how come the banned user log doesn't have so many people in it? I've seen people banned who were never added. Is it just by a basis thing or whoever gets around to it, or just being lazy and don't feel like it?

I've always wondered but wasn't sure if it was worth asking, so now I think is the perfect time.

Slashfan
I have a question, you say that half of those 3,000 or so were spammers...how come the banned user log doesn't have so many people in it? I've seen people banned who were never added.

1. The Banned User Log was created in September 2005. So there were four years of previously banned members...nobody cares about them now.

2. The point of the list was to eliminate pointless threads and private messages about so-and-so getting banned. Even worse are the rude folks who barge into an unrelated thread and ask about Whatshisface and Derpnoggin.

3. It says "GTPlanet gets a fair bit of bots and spammers..." and they're not included in the list: Nobody is going to care about CheapMortgage4U and SpamWebsiteBilda, if their entire life at GTPlanet was fourteen minutes, two posts, and discussed nothing on-topic with anyone. They're not worth our time.

4. We would also rather not mention every member or bot that tried to re-register sixty seconds after they were banned. Believe it or not, we have lives and stuff.

Edit: extra not-age.

Last edited:
1. The Banned User Log was created in September 2005. So there were four years of previously banned members...nobody cares about them now.

2. The point of the list was to eliminate pointless threads and private messages about so-and-so getting banned. Even worse are the rude folks who barge into an unrelated thread and ask about Whatshisface and Derpnoggin.

3. It says "GTPlanet gets a fair bit of bots and spammers..." and they're not included in the list: Nobody is going to care about CheapMortgage4U and SpamWebsiteBilda, if their entire life at GTPlanet was fourteen minutes, two posts, and discussed nothing on-topic with anyone. They're not worth our time.

4. We would also rather not mention every member or bot that tried to re-register sixty seconds after they were banned. Believe it or not, we have lives and stuff.

Edit: extra not-age.

Thanks for explaining 👍

Where is that thread where some random person demanded to be an admin? I had a good laugh at that.

Also, when I looked for the original 2.2 Camry thread, my heart sunk. Why would you delete that thread?! That thread brought so much joy and happiness to all (intelligent) members! That thread should have been on the front page of GTP or in the AUP :lol:. "Don't be this guy!" with a link to it. :grumpy:

Said member deleted many of his posts, even months later. If you delete the first post of a thread...and many of your subsequent posts, what's the point of being here? It's a good way to get your thread locked and/or deleted. He's probably the only person who did so with about one hundred of his previous posts, this gaining infractions for being childishly disruptive.

"I should me admin" is about ten years old. Contrary to what you may think, his innocuous request didn't get him banned, but his subsequent outburst (in another long-since-deleted thread) at the entire staff and Jordan is what permanently did him in.

Said member deleted many of his posts, even months later. If you delete the first post of a thread...and many of your subsequent posts, what's the point of being here? It's a good way to get your thread locked and/or deleted. He's probably the only person who did so with about one hundred of his previous posts, this gaining infractions for being childishly disruptive.

"I should me admin" is about ten years old. Contrary to what you may think, his innocuous request didn't get him banned, but his subsequent outburst (in another long-since-deleted thread) at the entire staff and Jordan is what permanently did him in.

Oh. :/ I see.

Thanks for linking me to the admin thread. I still can't believe he reported Jordan. :lol:

:lol: That gave me a good laugh.

If you are at your max amount of PMs, and a mod has to give you a PM for a warning or points, what happens?

Does it give you 51 total PMs, and then once you delete a PM you're back at 50?

Or 2,001 for the redliners.

What is normal day for you mods?
Get up at 5:30am, make and consume coffee, make the kids lunches, shower, get the kids up at 6:30 for my son's treatment, let the dog out (yes, i did it), breakfast, bring the kids to school, show up at work a bit after 8am, wake up, work for a bit, eat lunch, work for a bit, pick the kids up from the Y around 4:45, profit, make supper and help the kids with homework, eat supper while watching Jeopardy, son's treatment again, give the kids a snack, put them to bed, vege out for a few hours, sleep and repeat.

But you sound like a good father.

Sure does sound like it. 👍

TB
Get up at 5:30am, make and consume coffee, make the kids lunches, shower, get the kids up at 6:30 for my son's treatment, let the dog out (yes, i did it), breakfast, bring the kids to school, show up at work a bit after 8am, wake up, work for a bit, eat lunch, work for a bit, pick the kids up from the Y around 4:45, profit, make supper and help the kids with homework, eat supper while watching Jeopardy, son's treatment again, give the kids a snack, put them to bed, vege out for a few hours, sleep and repeat.

TB - when do you find the time to moderate ? Vege time ? Sneak in some modding time at work ?

You are a busy camper.

Back